Heating duct removal...Uggh.. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Heating duct removal...Uggh..
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:05 PM
Over winter break, i glassed a radio bezel to install some gauges into her.. I tried to install it quickly, but where my car is in storage lighting sucked ass and my engine was winterized so i wasn't going to start it and pull it outside in the sun and see the best way to remove the center duct portion. I'd like to keep the unit whole so i can re-install it if/ever comes time to sell the vehicle. ( most people like all the heating vents, i personally dun give a F since its a fair weather vehicle) Anybody have some insight on remove the center portion?

teh bezel...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:09 PM

Re: Heating duct removal...Uggh..
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:16 PM
i have mine off right now and it goes to all the dash vents so you would have to remove them all. as how to do it im not sure untill i really looked at it. now i need to make me one of those quick because my air gauges are sitting in the back seat not helping me out at all haha

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:21 PM
Yea, i've been away at college since i made that damn thing and haven't been able to investigate it yet. I was hoping it was a portion connected into the main unit by some screws. But i guess if its a whole unit i'll just have to cut it and close off the ends of it with something so the air won't blow onto the back of the gauges. I finally get to come home early next week and actually start my car. Hasn't been run since sept.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:28 PM
If it's anything like the Sunfire ducts then it should be fairly easy. I recall there being a removable section for just the center vents and the end passenger vent on my fire. I had to cut out the section behind my two center vents when I installed my gauges. Good luck to you tho.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:33 PM
there's a removable section for the center part. it's connected by two or three of those 7mm torx bolts.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:39 PM
Shadowfire wrote:If it's anything like the Sunfire ducts then it should be fairly easy. I recall there being a removable section for just the center vents and the end passenger vent on my fire. I had to cut out the section behind my two center vents when I installed my gauges. Good luck to you tho.

yea dont quote me on what i said im not positive i ripped my dash pad and radio bezel out today and didnt pay a whole lot of attention

Friday, May 11, 2007 5:40 AM
Alright, thanks guys. I'll be lookin at it better in the next couple days.

Friday, May 11, 2007 6:40 AM
On my 97 cav- There was no seperate section for the center vents that I could remove to still use the 2 outer vents... All 4 were connected together...

I cut back the 2 center vents ducts several inches till I got a nice flat hole, then I siliconed & glued a piece of plastic over it to block it.. Used the plastic from a car wash bottle.. Works good.

You could do the same thing, but save the piece you cut off... If you wanted to hook them back up- tape the piece back into place.. You could even use duct tape!! Get it? duct tape?? Haha

Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:48 AM
Yah if you pull the center peice out you basically lose all your vents since the center peice goes to the pass side and center but its also connected to the drivers side. So just block of the center ...phil
Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:46 AM
heres some pics i just took so you can visualize it
only 3 of those little dash bolts hold it in unless your like me and just have it sitting there

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:51 PM
Hey thanks a bunch for the pics jeff, if they are that easy to pop out, i will just hack it apart and if the day ever comes to sell this thing, i can just snag one from a junk yard.

Thanks again bro.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:28 PM
no problem Cody anytime

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:00 PM
i just cut the two middle ducts back a lil threw a piece of cardboard over the end and duct taped (duct) duct tape.
its really easy.

good luck

Post pics when you get that thing installed should look pimp.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:45 PM
Sure will... I'm still short 3 gauges out of all that i want. I'm going to have 7 when all said and done.

Boost
wide band - still need for sure
2 1/16th tach
Volts
Oil pressure

.. undecided on last 2.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search