construction 2005 pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
construction 2005 pics
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:09 AM
Well everyone knows altezza lights suck, and there pretty much isnt a decent set out there for a sunfire so here goes with the current pics. My rksport complete coilover kit will be on beginning of march thanks to nikki. 17" black konig rims will also be going on. Well on for the construction.

Molded tails
Molded body kit
Indash molded 7.2" TFT screen
CustomMade Cd player holder

Well ill quit talking and here goes the pics, car will be finished end of March as long as i can finish the body work. Three weeks i move in my new house so ill have a full garage dedicated to my fire only.

So watch out!!!!!

Re: construction 2005 pics
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:13 AM
And my custom made hvac in photoshop i did. its 300 dpi.

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:19 AM
sweet man. Can't wait to see it finished, nice job on the HVAC, but I think you shoulda done white/black/silver instead of blue, red and yellow

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:20 AM
i like it. that hvac face looks awesome

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:30 AM
Gonna look sweet when all done.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:37 AM
wow, i, uh, can't believe you used that much body filler!!!
don't get me wrong, it's gonna look great when you're done, but don't be suprised if it causes you a TON of problems in the long run. props tho, its looks really good!

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:40 AM
dude its a small layer just looks like alot, fiberglass is underneath, come over and kick and punch it if you want ITS SOLID
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:44 AM
Dont get me wrong but its hard to sand fiberglass, i had to use 32 grit sand paper, so you have to put a layer on bondo on top to actually shape it.
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:50 AM
Fiberglass isn't any better...what happens when the metal expands/contracts with the changing temps and your hard as a rock fiberglass doesn't...

Trust me, I've been there...do it right.

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:51 AM
nah ill be fine, temperature in texas doesnt change much.
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:55 AM
It'll change enough...

Friday, February 11, 2005 6:56 AM
Not one problem with my side skirts molded and its been on my car over a year now and i drove it from michigan to texas with no problems. Tell Greenfire that too cause hes bumper is molded with fiberglass and hasnt had a problem.

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:02 AM
I was referring mostly to your tails where you slobbered a can of fiberglass jelly over them...

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:03 AM
I'm actually doing something similar for my tails. I'm going to counter-sink them tho and "do it right" as they're all saying. I'm picking up some sheet metal soon to start doing all my shaving (handles, locks, antenna, tails, spoiler) and I'm going to make tubes (welded in of course) to hold home-made circular LED tails similar to what you have w/ the Altezzas. I've already started the turns for the front, but I'll be switching the whole front to F/G to lose some weight and make sure there's no metal-to-fiberglass probs.

Nice custom work tho. I know I could never have the radio where you put it b/c I actually use my cupholders, lol.

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:09 AM
it looks slobbered but it was sanded down with 32 grit then a layer of bondo was applied to the top. Side skirts were the same til it was sanded. Then a single of layer was applied to the top and its been fine.

DROP IT, YOU WIN, IT WILL CRACK IN A FEW WEEKS
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:10 AM
did u say the temp doesnt change that much in texas... last week we went from 65-70 degree weather to low 40s in half a day. and i was gonna say the same about the body filler too..

here comes the boost!
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:17 AM
Look, let's be honest here...you're a network technician and I'm in law school. Neither of us know a considerable amount about body work. When I was doing my tails, I tried the same thing to see if it would crack or hold. It cracked. When the shop was doing it right, I was talking to them about it. They are the ones that told me that the way that we both did it was wrong and that it needed to be welded in...

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:23 AM
Im not trying to argue about this. I think the way im doing will work well for me. I use to have a body shop i would visit everyday since it was my neighbor that owned it and i learned alot of stuff. I have a pretty good idea of body work since i have been doing it for two years now. Metal is definately the best but i wouldnt consider my way not the right way like your saying.
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:23 AM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:Look, let's be honest here...you're a network technician and I'm in law school. Neither of us know a considerable amount about body work. When I was doing my tails, I tried the same thing to see if it would crack or hold. It cracked. When the shop was doing it right, I was talking to them about it. They are the ones that told me that the way that we both did it was wrong and that it needed to be welded in...

Crap dude, I thought u were talking to me, heh. Then I saw "welded in" was like I said I'm welding it in!! lol. Two Network Techs w/ the similar idea for tails.... scary. Well, even if I'm only a "Network Intern"

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:27 AM
How about we just stop bitching and moaning about it? He did it, so leave it alone. If it cracks, it cracks, and I don't think it will, he did a good job molding them, even if he didn't use sheet metal. And do you have any idea how hard it would be to mold tail lights using sheet metal? Think about it... You'd have to make something that covers the entire tail light, and that would require an english wheel, hammers, etc, because no way in hell would you get exact shapes on each side without the right tools. And it's not like you can just make a piece to mold them, you can't weld to plastic. Fiberglass works well, and I've seen someone in MASS that used fiberglass over metal, and if you live here you know how bad the weather patterns shift. And his car is still fine, so cut the bitching and grow up. Stop trying to tell people what is and isn't right, everyone has their own way of doing things, and it's his car. Leave him be.

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:43 AM
JBoDiED wrote:And do you have any idea how hard it would be to mold tail lights using sheet metal? Think about it... You'd have to make something that covers the entire tail light, and that would require an english wheel, hammers, etc, because no way in hell would you get exact shapes on each side without the right tools. And it's not like you can just make a piece to mold them, you can't weld to plastic. Fiberglass works well, and I've seen someone in MASS that used fiberglass over metal, and if you live here you know how bad the weather patterns shift. And his car is still fine, so cut the bitching and grow up. Stop trying to tell people what is and isn't right, everyone has their own way of doing things, and it's his car. Leave him be.

Yes I do know how hard it is.

I also know that on my car, I wanted as minimal of a chance of problems as there could be. That is what I am trying to tell him. If he wants to run a chance of troubles, so be it. I would have been mad however if there was a better way to do it and I didn't know about it. Maybe that's just me, but when I do something, it's as good as it can be and not "good enough"...

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:48 AM
pork, yeah, it's understandable, it just bugs me when people try to make it seem like someones work is crap. Like I said, everyone has their own way of doing things. Not every body shop would do the same thing, either. I understand you're trying to help and you know from experience, but before you jump to conclusions about it cracking or not, just wait it out and see what happens. If it cracks, it cracks, and you're right, but if it doesn't, you're just making yourself look like the jackass, you know what i mean?

btw. those tails are hot.

Friday, February 11, 2005 7:52 AM
tails look good dont get me wrong but it doesnt look like it the trunk lines up perfectly with the body, looks like a little gap but other than looks good.

I'll come back in a year and let all you people know there no cracks
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:54 AM
hey thats exactly what I did wit my tail's. Like the ones on the blue cav, except that I left the other little circle that goeas on the side of the car also. I used fiberglass also. Instead of doing the same with the inners, I just bought an 03 + reflector thing, and then painted it to match the car, I left the revers and chevy sign though.

Friday, February 11, 2005 8:04 AM
Read back through my posts, I never said it would crack. In fact, I only used the word "crack" (go ahead and laugh) on mine when it did so after the fact. Everything I said descibed the possibility of cracking.

I wish you the best with your car and I honestly hope it doesn't crack...

PS, I'm not sure if there was a tool in the trunk lid in the drainage channel or what, but it is fine now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search