*Official Widebody Post* - Page 61 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: *Official Widebody Post*
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:15 AM
the quarter looks great, from the angle the pic was takin the shape seems to be perfect. what grit are you going use before primer... on my old car i went to 400, then 2 coats of primer, then 600, then paint and clear. it turned out like glass

SOLD....

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:38 AM
May have been glass like you, but I GARUNTEE that if I look down the side of your car, I could see waves. Number one, you dont sand down to 400 if your using a high build primer surfacer. 150, 180, those grits are great to lay surfacer over. Then, after spraying surfacer, you wouldnt ever cut it with 600. This is the stage where you are trying to get the arrow straight appearance, and 600 wont cut primer to get it straight, it will basically just "follow" the waves in the primer if you will. I would block out with 180-220, leaning more on the 220 side. But you better plan on repriming once, twice, maybe three times, who knows, whatever it takes to get it straight. The lower the grit number, the more likely it is that the sandpaper will take off the tops of the waves and get the thing straight. Then when it is all straight in primer, then you final sand the primer surfacer with 400 wet. Now you are ready for primer sealer. Then, after that is layed down, no sanding, just tack it off, and ready for some basecoat.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:00 PM
^yes, there are a few waves I need to work out...I'm not going to lie about that.

You will see in my pics I just snapped the areas that I need to work on. (it isn't much at all). The quarters near the back of the rear bumper need to be looked at still...there are a few waves back there that I need to get rid of.

Today's progress....well let me say this...PROGRESS FTW

This shows the waves in the back end of the quarters that I need to fix up:

And the part of the rear I love the most:

Well that's my progress for today, I'm going to go out and do a bit of celebrating tonight now . Tomorrow I'll get back to the car, block out the primer with 180 grit, fix up the waves in the rear and shoot some more primer down. After tomorrow I can reverse the car in and get to work on the drivers side.

Finally, after spending sooo long in the nice multi-colored stages, the car is finally coming together now (damn im sooo excited).

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:08 PM
NO!! i DEMAND that you stay home tonight and get that thing done!!!! we want...nay... NEED to see it finished!!!!! lol

looks awesome so far man!!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:12 PM
i'm in love...

are you staying with the blue paint?

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:17 PM
Damn, it definitely looks a ton better in one color.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:28 PM
Can't wait to see more pics of the entire car. Really can't wait to see pics of the car in paint.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:28 PM
Nah Vince, I was talking to the kid above my last comment that said he blocked out primer with 600 and it came out like glass, impossible. With your attention to detail, you will be just fine! lol, good luck, looks amazing in primer, really gives a chance for the styling and lines to come together
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:28 PM
Alexis wrote:Damn, it definitely looks a ton better in one color.

Yep, lovin' it.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 8:58 PM
damn, if your car was a HIN i would spend my time humping it, and yea, i definately would not want to park my car next to yours, if if did go to sema.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:22 AM
Looks great Vince.

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier SOLD | 2002 BMW 330i SOLD | 2004 BMW 645i

Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:49 AM
downlinx wrote:damn, if your car was a HIN i would spend my time humping it, and yea, i definately would not want to park my car next to yours, if if did go to sema.

ditto

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:10 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
Alexis wrote:Damn, it definitely looks a ton better in one color.

Yep, lovin' it.

nuf said.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:19 AM
WOW, much better looking.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:50 AM
now that's sexy vince. looks great. glad to see your closing in on the end.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:14 AM
thanks everyone

Well today I woke up, blocked the car down, fixed the waves in the rear quarter and did another layer of primer

Today was a fun filled day to say the least.

here are some new pics again...finally the car is looking more and more complete

Finally sanded the inside of the door and got it ready for primer as well.

I wasn't sure before if I needed to paint the door jams and such, but with the new paint scheme, the blue on the inside had to go.

that's that for the day, tomorrow I'll get to work on the other side now

Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:47 AM
looks great keep up the good work!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:21 PM
So far so good Vince. When do you expect it to be in paint?

Now Boosted...rockin 2007 cobalt ss supercharged!!!!

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:34 PM
That bitch is smooth. I love it.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:42 PM
I demand more full side shot pictures!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:57 PM
just watch that wrist buddy.

looks amazing. a j-body artist for sure.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:40 AM
Vince this is just way beyond anything you have done before, and its friggin amazing.
Friday, July 06, 2007 8:39 AM
Looovin it!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, July 06, 2007 8:43 AM
^ thanks buddy

well I snapped some pics outside in the sunlight today (finally not an overcast day). Well now with the natural light hitting off the primer, I can see the flaws that I still need to work out. I have some work to do on the quarter panel where the top of the curve is...it just isn't flat! there is a huge wave in it. I'll fix that up shortly, just glad to see the car in one color so I can really pick out the blemishes.

here are some pics:

some more work needed in the rear:
you can also see that huge wave at the top of the curve in the quarter that I need to take care of:

I love this shot:

I need to start the car more often now...even this new battery is starting to give up on me. I should really look into connecting a 2nd yellow top in the trunk though.

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:46 AM
"Man..... true work of art and human craftsmanship."

-Eternal

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search