quick pic of my 14 dollar intake - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick pic of my 14 dollar intake
Friday, April 25, 2008 5:39 PM

got a hook up on the filter :p

Re: quick pic of my 14 dollar intake
Friday, April 25, 2008 5:46 PM
idk how u consider that an intake, but alright.

better than a box tho.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, April 25, 2008 5:48 PM
what's the difference?

tube + cone filter.

same thing i'd get off ebay, but not metal.
Friday, April 25, 2008 5:53 PM
^ thats the point of the aluminum pipe. less restriction of air flow. also the pipe stays alittle cooler cause it not being plastic.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, April 25, 2008 6:38 PM
exactly. the aluminum pipe is smooth inside, whereas the stock hose is ribbed. the tube (metal) will far outflow the tube (rubber). not to mention, the metal pipe will, as mentioned above, stay cooler.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, April 25, 2008 7:35 PM
i can fix that. lol.

and i'd like to see some performance comparisons comparing the gains of a stock box compared to a cone, and an aluminum intake compared to this hose i have. Intakes alone don't gain much, and i doubt there's much difference.
Friday, April 25, 2008 7:45 PM
is that a 2200??? kinda looks like it from that pic. and if it is... well then this thread is pretty pointless. cuz lets be honest, it wont matter if you just have a filter or a whole intake...heck, get a header and mandifold and it still wont make that much of a difference.
so in a way youre right, (its thats the 2200) it wont matter if you have a intake tube or not....

because unless you go for a COMPLETE build, top to bottom, any engine mods arent really worth it on the 2200....

unless you get that electronic turbo... then youre set; but thats a whole new thread!!

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:58 PM
^^^^^^ Holy buddy i think you need to relax not everyone can get there parents to buy the best for them.... some people have to work with what they can. so chill

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:48 AM
^^^^ what are you talking about?? I have hardly anything done to my car and anything that i have done has been done and purchased by myself and the money that ive made on my own... so im not sure what your referencing there...

they were going back and forth about the gains of a actual metal tube versus that stock rubber one... all i was saying is that if its a 2200 (which i have myself) is that it wont matter what you have, the difference in gains wont be noticeable.

sorry that you missed that

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:21 AM
I was thinking of doing that..What size filter works?

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:02 AM
Quote:

is that a 2200??? kinda looks like it from that pic. and if it is... well then this thread is pretty pointless. cuz lets be honest, it wont matter if you just have a filter or a whole intake...heck, get a header and mandifold and it still wont make that much of a difference.
so in a way youre right, (its thats the 2200) it wont matter if you have a intake tube or not....

because unless you go for a COMPLETE build, top to bottom, any engine mods arent really worth it on the 2200....

unless you get that electronic turbo... then youre set; but thats a whole new thread!!

Godspeed wrote:^^^^ what are you talking about?? I have hardly anything done to my car and anything that i have done has been done and purchased by myself and the money that ive made on my own... so im not sure what your referencing there...

they were going back and forth about the gains of a actual metal tube versus that stock rubber one... all i was saying is that if its a 2200 (which i have myself) is that it wont matter what you have, the difference in gains wont be noticeable.

sorry that you missed that

godspeed hit it on the head, mod the 2200 however you like, but unless you charger the thing its going to be the same old poopy 2200

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:11 PM
Salvatiosix wrote:I was thinking of doing that..What size filter works?

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:33 PM
Salvatiosix wrote:

as much time as you spent making both posts, could of easily been used to pop off that tube very quickly and take a tape measure to it! If you dont have a tape measure then im sure you have a ruler some where.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:53 PM
You are right, in my defense, I'm lazy.

haha!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:57 PM
sweet n low wrote: not everyone can get there parents to buy the best for them.... some people have to work with what they can.

Is it just me or is that line the universal defense to rigging up crap?

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:05 PM
sweet n low wrote:^^^^^^ Holy buddy i think you need to relax not everyone can get there parents to buy the best for them.... some people have to work with what they can. so chill

i busted my ass for what i have. whats your excuse?

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:32 PM
Darkstars wrote:
sweet n low wrote: not everyone can get there parents to buy the best for them.... some people have to work with what they can.

No @!#$, save up a few more dollars and buy an Intake, if it only adds a minimal amount of HP then why bother in the 1st place? Save up even more and buy a nicer/faster car and quit whining on the internet.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:48 AM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote: if it only adds a minimal amount of HP then why bother in the 1st place?

Why do you have one then?

Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:05 AM
Salvatiosix wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote: if it only adds a minimal amount of HP then why bother in the 1st place?

he doesnt have the 2200

04 Ranger EDGE "of insanity"
Sonic Blue 4.0 4x4 4.56 gears

4" Superlift Suspension Lift
33" tires
almost complete

1998 Chevy Camaro
3.8 V6
Built internals
4.11 rear end with "posi"
Twin Turbo- being built-gonna kill me before its over
Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:30 AM
Darkstars wrote:

yes!

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:33 PM
You might wanna fasten down your power wire while your under there.....

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:56 PM
rangerguy04 (cavalierkid02) wrote:
Salvatiosix wrote:

he doesnt have the 2200

I'm sure the gains on anything else aren't great enough to do much either.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:00 PM
Salvatiosix wrote:
rangerguy04 (cavalierkid02) wrote:
Salvatiosix wrote:

he doesnt have the 2200

I'm sure the gains on anything else aren't great enough to do much either.

No but his supercharger will do plenty.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:09 PM
this is the best way to make the old 2.2 faster

Visit me on Cardomain
Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:09 PM
Godspeed wrote:is that a 2200??? kinda looks like it from that pic. and if it is... well then this thread is pretty pointless. cuz lets be honest, it wont matter if you just have a filter or a whole intake...heck, get a header and mandifold and it still wont make that much of a difference.

LOL at electric turbo. Yeah, i know the 2200 is crap. Hence i didn't spend money on an intake, i bought a cone filter. I did it because i'm curious as to whether i'll see any kind of mpg gains on this, and the old filter needed to be replaced anyway. I measure my gas mileage every time i fill up, and i have a chart i use to see if anything i do makes a difference to mpg.

sweet n low wrote:^^^^^^ Holy buddy i think you need to relax not everyone can get there parents to buy the best for them.... some people have to work with what they can. so chill

thanks for the defense but i don't need it. This car is my daily beater, i have four other cars which are faster. I just get better gas mileage in this car.

i used a 3" filter i picked up at oreilly. To get it to mount to the tube you gotta get the "filter hose adapter" thing that looks like a short piece of grey pvc they sell there. There's not much plastic to work with, to get the cone and tube to tighten on it, but it works. I went to home depot before going to oreilly to find some pvc that would do the job, but there's not much in comparable size. Unless you want to buy 10 feet of it and cut it yourself.

Mike Baynton wrote:You might wanna fasten down your power wire while your under there.....

where is it going to go?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search