quick pic of my 14 dollar intake - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: quick pic of my 14 dollar intake
Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:13 PM
i was going to buy an anemometer and an aluminum intake and fab an adapter to test air speed within the tube.

then i realized that would defeat the purpose of a cheap intake.

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:11 AM
Salvatiosix wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote: if it only adds a minimal amount of HP then why bother in the 1st place?

Why do you have one then?

Not too sure what you are asking? I have an RKSport ECO intake, I paid for it and afterwards didn't bitch about low HP gains. Also I don't have a 2200, I have an ECO that is awaiting the installation of my 4-2-1 header, exhaust and then my Supercharger! So yeah, I actually buy nice parts and don't rig stuff on my car and complain on how much it costs to do it right or buy quality parts.

Also I'm not the guy who gets all BENT because people actually save $$ and buy nice parts.

To the OP - Not everyone who buys nice parts has mommy and daddy, or a trust fund to mod their car. Some people actually save money and buy what they want.

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:19 AM
again, it's not a lack of funds, it's because i like to be cheap, and this is my cheap car.

i don't see how people expect to spend a bunch of money on an item that brings very little gains to begin with, then hate on someone who does it cheap because it doesn't make a difference.
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 11:10 AM
Where's the data on the lower temps? The engine is still the same temperature, and the tube is still in the same place. Metal dissipates heat more quickly, but also absorbs heat more quickly. Also, a slightly rough surface flows more than a smooth one (Laminar Flow.) So, the tube (no matter the material it is made of) should be as strait as possible with only very light texture inside. Think of a golf ball, it flies in more of a straight path and farther with the dimples than it would if it were smooth.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 5speed
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:26 PM
upgrading from the factory Intake always make a difference, On all my boosted vehicles intakes are a huge help. I know yours may not be boosted (turbo or supercharged) but it still does help just not as much.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:28 PM
lol, how do you just stumble upon a 4 year old thread asking stupid questions?

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:45 PM
I like cheese.

My post is about as useful as all of your arguing.

Eat my shift
Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:25 AM
Testicles..... that is all.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:46 AM
I honestly dont even care that this thread was made 4 years ago because it is something to reply to lol.. Site has been dead lately.... Hopefully we get some acitvitiy that contributes soon!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:56 AM
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:upgrading from the factory Intake always make a difference, On all my boosted vehicles intakes are a huge help. I know yours may not be boosted (turbo or supercharged) but it still does help just not as much.

I'm not arguing that they don't. I just want to know how, exactly, with some figures would be nice. No, my Cavalier is not force inducted and it won't be because I like buying the lower octane gas.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 5speed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search