New updated pics- Progress thread - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New updated pics- Progress thread
Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:39 AM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:41 AM
what model mitsu? I'd love to have those seats in my cav

Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:51 AM
TOSLO5O wrote:what model mitsu? I'd love to have those seats in my cav

They are from a 99 Eclipse.

Sunday, May 02, 2010 1:39 PM
do they bolt right in?

Sunday, May 02, 2010 3:06 PM
Sweet man, when do you think first startup is?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:09 PM
TOSLO5O wrote:do they bolt right in?

No, took a bit of work to get them to fit

Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:13 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Sweet man, when do you think first startup is?

Im hoping to have it ready in the next two months. I still have some work to do, finish the charge pipes, mount a BOV, build a exhaust etc. I like to think im close to being done though lol

Monday, May 03, 2010 10:40 AM
what all fabbing did u have to do to get them to mount up? did u make custom brackets?

Monday, May 03, 2010 2:41 PM
TOSLO5O wrote:what all fabbing did u have to do to get them to mount up? did u make custom brackets?

Yes, I had to make custom brackets from scratch. They are too wide for the floor pan on the cavalier. There is zero room beside the seats and they cant go down any further the way I have them. Id honestly look for some different seats if I were you. I got them for nothing so it wasnt a big deal for me but if I did it again Id be looking for some that are not as wide. I do enjoy them now that they are in there though. As far as fabbing.....made a square out of metal and made some legs from that to bolt up to the cavy locations......It was a pain in the a**

Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:07 AM
damn... i think the cobalt seats will possibly be able to fit, have an idea that they will but i havnt really got up to a cobalt close enough to compare n contrast. its funny that im a chick and know wat every damn word is and means on this entire forum... and im not a dike, nor ugly. LOL!

Thursday, May 06, 2010 4:55 AM
TOSLO5O wrote:damn... i think the cobalt seats will possibly be able to fit, have an idea that they will but i havnt really got up to a cobalt close enough to compare n contrast. its funny that im a chick and know wat every damn word is and means on this entire forum... and im not a dike, nor ugly. LOL!
the cobalt seats will fit but they are not bolt in, do a search and you will see. Also you claim not to be ugly if this is true post pics so we believe you.. and Cleancavy its looking good man I only have one question why did you go with SS instead of aluminum for your piping?

Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:52 AM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:
TOSLO5O wrote:damn... i think the cobalt seats will possibly be able to fit, have an idea that they will but i havnt really got up to a cobalt close enough to compare n contrast. its funny that im a chick and know wat every damn word is and means on this entire forum... and im not a dike, nor ugly. LOL!
the cobalt seats will fit but they are not bolt in, do a search and you will see. Also you claim not to be ugly if this is true post pics so we believe you.. and Cleancavy its looking good man I only have one question why did you go with SS instead of aluminum for your piping?

I really have no idea lol. I guess its just personal prefference. A friend of mine did his piping all in 304ss and I thought it turnded out really nice. He also had some peices left over so I got myself started with some already. Plus I want to do the exhaust in ss so I figured why not match the charge piping

One side is all done. Welding it tonight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:56 AM

Thursday, May 06, 2010 11:13 AM

this is me my myspace is www.myspace.com/chaz_myzter.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:07 PM
^^Lol OK, Random post hehe.

Coming along Kris, keep chuggin!

306 TQ
Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:02 PM
i only posted that pic cuz they told me to. but yeah im gonna look into the cobolt seats, no matter what there's gonna be customization in something thats not original from a cavalier, i'd love to have heated leather seats like a possible trans am/camaro seat... but its all into what u know and how to do it and what u have to work with. my cav's coming along, i recently just got a header, downpipe, carbon fiber hood, & projector headlights.

Friday, May 07, 2010 9:24 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:^^Lol OK, Random post hehe.

Coming along Kris, keep chuggin!

Holly random for sure lol

TOSLO5O- Id go with some Recaro balt seats if I were you. They are dead sexy seats. Im not to sure how wide they are but I do remember a post with them in a cav, you may have to do some searching. Good luck, if you do get ahold of some post up some pics Id love to see them

Friday, May 07, 2010 2:45 PM
damn thanks. so i guess im gonna go with the 4speed auto, cuz mines a 3 speed auto will be alot easier n cheaper... but i dos till want to convert the 5speed manual... would love to do the g6 gtp 6speed manual.. that'd be amazing. but too expensive for me. got the 3400... needs a new crank and rods.. since its knocking... came out of 3500gtp's cav... gonna try n rebuild it since he's dropping the 3500 into his. will def keep ya updated with the swap! thank u for the advice.. ur car's pretty sick onecleancav

Friday, May 07, 2010 3:28 PM
^^^You go premium and join AG.

I like the car man. Keep up the good work.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:27 PM
Charge pipes are almost done. Just need a few more welds and then I can start on the exhaust........the end is near

Intake side pipes finished

Hot side

What is the best place to mount the BOV? Hot side or cold side? Closer to the turbo the better? Im hearing mixed answers out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:32 PM

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:16 PM
Mount the bov on the cold side pipe before it goes into the fender. You want it closer to the tb than the hot side, in most cases its about 6-10" from the tb.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:38 AM
^Like MIke said.

See my SIG for reference

306 TQ

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:52 AM
man you were kidding when you said cleancavy

very nice work

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:55 AM
icemike89 wrote:Mount the bov on the cold side pipe before it goes into the fender. You want it closer to the tb than the hot side, in most cases its about 6-10" from the tb.

So just curious, whats the reasoning behind this? Better response from the turbo?

Thanks for the positive coments guys

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:32 PM
^^ I think it's because its where the air is coming into the engine.

Hell I dunno lol, wish I knew the technical reasoning for it.

306 TQ
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:35 PM
Doesnt the BOV require a vacuum source? Farther away from TB means less vacuum and a slower response? Idk. Just guessing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search