2011 new year new mods - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 new year new mods
Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:13 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Are you fukkin kidding me?!?
I mean, I do not see how you guys tuck wires so good with a turbo setup. I have damn wires everywhere, and they all need to be there.
Love it!

I looked all over and could not find a class on how to wire tuck

Tell me about it, geez.

And the engine runs? Even more impressed, judging by the pictures I figured you needed more WIRES lol. Like, where are vacume lines, wiring harness lines, etc?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:08 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:
I mean, I do not see how you guys tuck wires so good with a turbo setup. I have damn wires everywhere, and they all need to be there.
Love it!

Tell me about it, geez.

And the engine runs? Even more impressed, judging by the pictures I figured you needed more WIRES lol. Like, where are vacume lines, wiring harness lines, etc?

its all a thing of perspective. hide wiring under stuff like the intake manifold, run wires extremely close to things. as for vacuum lines, what lines are needed, he has no brake booster, so that whole line is gone, everything ran off the throttle body can be ran under the intake manifold. things like the egr is gone, i assume evap as well, power steering is not up by the cam so none of those lines are there. there is no reason for wiring to be exposed on anyones car its all simple things to hide the wiring and this is a case where it looks amazing. also with the correct 2.3 manifold, or access to a welder, you can locate vacuum lines on the back side or underneath the manifold.

as stated before about pet peeves, my pet peeves are the threaded bolts on the cam tower, the rear hoist mount on the cam, i assume that was used just to drop the motor in and not mess a nice one up, and the white zip ties, again i do not believe these to be the finished product because they are not snipped yet. one thing about this bay and my own that i hate, the throttle cable, i want to shorten it and run it along the cam towers or locate it lower on the firewall and run up underneath the trans to the throttle body.

awesome bay tho, i said it earlier too but its damn good work.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:04 PM
Ahh I see what your sayin Gary. Craziness. If I haven't been through the ringer with this car I would attempt this.

Ah well.

Love it Syl!

306 TQ
Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:34 PM
What are you talking about spencer your engine bay nearly mimics this minus the super shiny

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:33 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Love it!

Tell me about it, geez.

its all a thing of perspective. hide wiring under stuff like the intake manifold, run wires extremely close to things. as for vacuum lines, what lines are needed, he has no brake booster, so that whole line is gone, everything ran off the throttle body can be ran under the intake manifold. things like the egr is gone, i assume evap as well, power steering is not up by the cam so none of those lines are there. there is no reason for wiring to be exposed on anyones car its all simple things to hide the wiring and this is a case where it looks amazing. also with the correct 2.3 manifold, or access to a welder, you can locate vacuum lines on the back side or underneath the manifold.

as stated before about pet peeves, my pet peeves are the threaded bolts on the cam tower, the rear hoist mount on the cam, i assume that was used just to drop the motor in and not mess a nice one up, and the white zip ties, again i do not believe these to be the finished product because they are not snipped yet. one thing about this bay and my own that i hate, the throttle cable, i want to shorten it and run it along the cam towers or locate it lower on the firewall and run up underneath the trans to the throttle body.

awesome bay tho, i said it earlier too but its damn good work.

the rear hoist mount will be replaced with a nice cover in aluminum
the white zip ties was there only for a mock up

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:07 PM
^^ yup that was exactly what i was thinking, you do some very amazing work, keep it up bud.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:17 PM
Very, very nice work. That is a work of art

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, June 17, 2011 6:44 AM
Bay of the year for sure. Fetter's gonna have to pull some crazy ish to compete!

McMoney, I too would like more as much info as you can give (possibly with pictures?) On what parts/procedure was put into the brake booster delete.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:31 PM
lol you guys...im nit-picky too but god, let the man get it 100% complete!

what nobody yet mentioned are the msd wires. needs some kind of cover or maybe they need shortened... idk. something.

Friday, June 24, 2011 11:04 AM
The master cylinder is 1" bore maybe to big, I will change for 7/8" bore if the brake pedal is too hard to push

I have to change the brake pedal ratio
Stock is 3.5:1 I think, now I have 6:1

and the adaptor plate that I made

Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:48 AM
You should make a walkthrough for people (like myself) that have no bloody clue about our brake systems, or how to replace them. I admit, this is one area I'm pretty useless in as far as proportioning and ratios go.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:33 PM
Thrice . wrote:You should make a walkthrough for people (like myself) that have no bloody clue about our brake systems, or how to replace them. I admit, this is one area I'm pretty useless in as far as proportioning and ratios go.

before telling others how to do, I'll test my setup

I finally made ​​my ps pulley, Thanks Mike for the drawing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:39 PM

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:54 PM
You sir do amazing work... I wish I had the time, money, or skill to do even half of what you have accomplished with this car.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:08 PM
wow.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:38 PM
You, Fetter, and Juizedz24 should get together and have a J-body pow pow and create a BAD ASS JBODY lol

306 TQ
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:00 AM
mcmoney wrote:before telling others how to do, I'll test my setup

I finally made ​​my ps pulley, Thanks Mike for the drawing.]

Your welcome buddy! Once your happy with everything I may want a pulley. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:59 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:You, Fetter, and Juizedz24 should get together and have a J-body pow pow and create a BAD ASS JBODY lol

why do that when all 3 of them already have 3 bad ass jbods.

Friday, July 01, 2011 6:36 AM
^^ Really?? do they? Way to kill my dream there buddy lol

306 TQ
Friday, July 01, 2011 8:00 AM
yeah sorry to break it david haha, juiced has suspension from hell car fetter has power and style out the ass car, and well this guy i think is serving dinner off his engine bay monday through friday clean as @!#$!

Love it man and that pulley looks AMAZING.

Friday, July 01, 2011 8:20 AM
^^ See, proved my point right there. They will have ALL areas covered if they built a car

I hope you guys are seeing the sarcasm here lol

306 TQ
Friday, July 01, 2011 8:52 AM
i just wanted to make your dream real, im on your side! haha

Friday, July 01, 2011 9:59 AM
lol

306 TQ
Friday, July 01, 2011 12:42 PM
im on the side of any bad ass j-body!

Monday, July 04, 2011 3:20 PM
Some progress

And why not a alternator pulley

Monday, July 04, 2011 6:35 PM
Everything looks awsome man.
I see a spare cover for the cam tower, please sell it to me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search