SLO CAV (autocrossing dude)'s 1SV project car.... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude)'s 1SV project car....
Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:53 PM
well here it is. just picked up this 04 1SV from a good friend of mine. remember i still have my 02 cav in my profile as well... i am trying to decide which car to turn in to a race car/toy. i want to use the 04 as the toy/race car since its the 1SV base model non abs etc... Now i need to decide what to do with it... here are my options...

1. get a 2.2 eco and install my saab set up on it and both drive and race it.
2. do the 2.4 bottom end and lsj head swap and make a all motor car and just race it
3. get a 2.2 and see if the LAP pistons that cavi2sunfire has will work and make a high compression all motor car
4. or what else lol.....

THE GOOD........
here are the pics..... here is the good thing about the car minus the hood and minus the fact it sat for a year....

My friend brian strapping her down.....

ugh... that dang fart can has to go.....

a pic of the two together..... awwwww.... how cute.....

THE BAD.....
she needs a motor..... and new suspension due to a bad choice in lowering springs (ebay skunk 2)

THE UGLY.....
the carnage of a timing chain jumping timing while on the interstate....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:57 PM

Re: SLO CAV (autocrossing dude)'s 1SV project car....
Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:05 PM
Nice find, what type of racing you planning on doing (autox, drag, road, etc.)?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:15 PM
Prob drag.... Watching newts post and videos is very very inspiring....

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:25 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote: i want to use the 04 as the toy/race car since its the 1SV RACE model non abs etc...]

Fixed that for ya.....

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:26 PM
Wow that engine is thrashed. But I see the potential!

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:35 PM
I vote an N/A Beast!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:37 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:I vote an N/A Beast!!

That's what I'm leaning to do..... Easy to tune. And fun to drive... More potential than a Saab turbo for sure.....

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:43 PM
I love the yellow one. That is all.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:25 PM
Thats not a fart can, but dang it is hanging low!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:35 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Thats not a fart can, but dang it is hanging low!!

Yeah i know... lol.... it needs hangers i guess i didnt get under the car yet to look at it...

Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:43 PM
holy carnage batman.....nice pickup thou

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:48 PM
slap a 200$ motor in and boost it.
fak n/a. that @!#$ gets expensive...

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:23 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:I vote an N/A Beast!!

That's what I'm leaning to do..... Easy to tune. And fun to drive... More potential than a Saab turbo for sure.....

lolwut?

look, n/a is going to cost alot of money for a small amount of gain.

either

a.) stick with basic bolt ons and suspension stuff for a funass daily driver or
b.) boost it for an awesome daily driver that still gets 30 mpg, and could easily be a 12 or even 11 second weekend whore car or
c.) stay n/a for an all out race car, for a loud as hell (also annoying as hell) dd, and a car that at best might see 12's ONE DAY (and no offense but newt will get there before you) so the best you could have out of an n/a full out race car is only second best in the j world.

imho, it's either a or b. make your choice.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:26 PM
I vote turboing it also if your going to be drag racing alot and dd-ing (just made that up) it. Much easyer on the wallet, save yourself the headache.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Monday, October 10, 2011 4:18 AM
Jet engine or bust.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:50 AM
Turbo it, the saab may be a small turbo, but it is great for DD and fun on the strip.

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:15 AM
My vote goes toward.

Buy 200 motor drop in. Buy jucnbst charger setup. Apply to engine. Enjoy while making a beast build out of the yellow one. That way tuning is not needed and would be in 250hp mark with no major efforts.

Monday, October 10, 2011 11:08 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:My vote goes toward.

Buy 200 motor drop in. Buy jucnbst charger setup. Apply to engine. Enjoy while making a beast build out of the yellow one. That way tuning is not needed and would be in 250hp mark with no major efforts.

I wish this was a option lol...

Monday, October 10, 2011 12:07 PM
i would go custom turbo setup and not saab but thats just me

i would go DD status on the yellow J and make the 1sv a track car

Monday, October 10, 2011 12:11 PM
The Jew wrote:i would go custom turbo setup and not saab but thats just me

That's what I wanted to do but of course you know how women are lol my wife wants the yellow one fixed for track. But the 1SV is a better option imo

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:47 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:
The Jew wrote:i would go custom turbo setup and not saab but thats just me

That's what I wanted to do but of course you know how women are lol my wife wants the yellow one fixed for track. But the 1SV is a better option imo

well the fact the 1sv has less options means less weight to have to remove down the road....trust me i know the whole wife thing....my wife just wants me to get rid of all my JBO stuff lol

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:00 PM
I took my 1sv and ADDED everything. I added power windows and locks, and now cruise control. Unless your going $10k deep, boost one or both and just have fun. pw,pl,cc dont weigh a lot. all together maybe 5-10lbs total.... ill take that for the little comforts.

to me, N/A is a waste. Dont get me wrong, newt is doing an amazing job with his, but whats next? N/A he will hit a wall in his times and thats it. Plus its going to start getting expensive and tough to find the right parts he needs to go faster. The amount of stress he is putting on that motor with that much N/A pressure, somethings going to give. Id just rather make it easier on the car and boost it. not to mention the nice power increase.

he is right, jucnbst's kit would be a very nice, very healthy boost option for sure.

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:12 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I took my 1sv and ADDED everything. I added power windows and locks, and now cruise control. Unless your going $10k deep, boost one or both and just have fun. pw,pl,cc dont weigh a lot. all together maybe 5-10lbs total.... ill take that for the little comforts.

to me, N/A is a waste. Dont get me wrong, newt is doing an amazing job with his, but whats next? N/A he will hit a wall in his times and thats it. Plus its going to start getting expensive and tough to find the right parts he needs to go faster. The amount of stress he is putting on that motor with that much N/A pressure, somethings going to give. Id just rather make it easier on the car and boost it. not to mention the nice power increase.

he is right, jucnbst's kit would be a very nice, very healthy boost option for sure.

Yeah but I don't have the $ for it. Also I already have everything for the Saab setup in my closet as we speak....

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:23 PM
what it would cost to put the saab kit on, vs the cost of n/a just as fast.... turbo is cheaper....

The times newt is laying down N/A right now, is what I was putting down with a $1500 turbo kit on stock motor and clutch. Id bet he has more than $1500 into his car...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 10, 2011 4:24 PM

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:31 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:what it would cost to put the saab kit on, vs the cost of n/a just as fast.... turbo is cheaper....

The times newt is laying down N/A right now, is what I was putting down with a $1500 turbo kit on stock motor and clutch. Id bet he has more than $1500 into his car...

Yeah that's true.... I have $1k in my Saab setup right now...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search