Vette Wheels - Page 32 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:10 PM
like brad said, im waiting till everything is finished.
but looks like too much stretchy stretchy

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:01 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Ruben Torres wrote:This is my favorite Jbody, I wish I had irs like you so I can lower my coils without dealing with the tortion bar. how can you turn your wheels? I have nowhere the fitment you do and I still manage to mess up my fenders from my tire rubbing and hitting them when I turn the wheel.

My front fenders are pulled a lot, there is zero "lip" on it. It rubs when I turn, but so little and in such a way it makes no noise. I have quite a balance on the front, not sure how it works so well, but it does.

The rear works very easy, my back seats are just for show. There aren't even seat belts in the back.

mine are rolled but nothing too excessive, stretch and camber would help me too lol what would you recommend for the rear I cant go too much lower because it just forces the wheel too much forward and I recently bought coils so im pretty sure irs is out of the question or is it? I currently have 7.5 wide by 18 with no stretch, I saw someone on the forum run 17x9.75 +25 with
215/45/17 and that makes me think of what issues I might run into if I ran that type of set up

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:10 AM
Ruben Torres wrote:
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Ruben Torres wrote:This is my favorite Jbody, I wish I had irs like you so I can lower my coils without dealing with the tortion bar. how can you turn your wheels? I have nowhere the fitment you do and I still manage to mess up my fenders from my tire rubbing and hitting them when I turn the wheel.

My front fenders are pulled a lot, there is zero "lip" on it. It rubs when I turn, but so little and in such a way it makes no noise. I have quite a balance on the front, not sure how it works so well, but it does.

The rear works very easy, my back seats are just for show. There aren't even seat belts in the back.

mine are rolled but nothing too excessive, stretch and camber would help me too lol what would you recommend for the rear I cant go too much lower because it just forces the wheel too much forward and I recently bought coils so im pretty sure irs is out of the question or is it? I currently have 7.5 wide by 18 with no stretch, I saw someone on the forum run 17x9.75 +25 with
215/45/17 and that makes me think of what issues I might run into if I ran that type of set up

If you're hell bent on keeping the swing arm rear, then you can always extend it.

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:11 AM
That amount of stretch is just aweful, IMO. If those rims had wider tires on it, I'd bet they would look amazing, but being able to see into the bead seat is beyond ridiculously stretched. Never liked it, never will.

It's too bad, because the work you do on everything else is beautiful.

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:03 AM
That's a lot of stretch!

Free Boosie.

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:34 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:.................. for now, I am overjoyed. (The outer bead on this particular wheel is not fully seated - the stretch looks much more drastic than it will be.)

You guys suck at reading.
Monday, December 17, 2012 5:11 PM
I love it. I still think you need to do a settle flare / or wide body.

Monday, December 17, 2012 6:37 PM
flaccid penis

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:18 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Jeff Wybrow wrote:.................. for now, I am overjoyed. (The outer bead on this particular wheel is not fully seated - the stretch looks much more drastic than it will be.)

You guys suck at reading.

You suck at stretching tires!

:-)

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, December 17, 2012 9:09 PM
Took the majority of the night off, however, was at the shop for a half hour or so. I've been contemplating the last while about bumper removal. This previous summer it had to come off twice and both times it wasn't quick, nor was it a lot of fun. Believe it or not there are a lot of "quick release" type things gears towards bumpers. I wanted small, relatively descreet and something that didn't draw your eyes away. I think I've got just the thing.

Installed one, no bracketry or anything yet. I think they will work well.

Is it bad that most of the build so far is to make it easier to get on a tow-truck?
Monday, December 17, 2012 10:51 PM
Don't blame ya one but on that one. Let the epic thread carry on...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:21 AM
Great idea on the quick fasteners!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:26 AM
Oh man that is right on point, my car is on the flatbed more than anything, quick fasteners would save me time as well LOL.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:24 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Oh man that is right on point, my car is on the flatbed more than anything, quick fasteners would save me time as well LOL.

x2. I had my first roll back experience not too long ago; this would have been extremely helpful. Now, let the glory of this thread continue.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:32 PM
I plan on using a similar setup on my car... Once I've decided what front bumper im going with.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:23 PM
Well gentlemen, (and potential ladies)

There is no real lead up to this, so here you go.

Im overwhelmed by how amazing my wheel width and offset guess worked. Could not be happier.

PS, the right rear wheel is flat, that is why there is some aweful wheel gap on the left rear side.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:29 PM
On behalf on the Internet, enjoy being famous.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:32 PM

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:34 PM
In the words of reddit, op wins. Beautiful man.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:40 PM
Ok now this I approve of! I hated those Vett wheels.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:21 PM
I love you.

Now fit the front lip properly. The zip ties are ugly.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:11 PM
very nice
can't wait to see rolling shots

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:26 PM
on the front bumper, make a bracket that you rivit to the bumper so where you would have bolts run up into the fender there are alignment pins that slide into the fender so that the dzus is just holding the bumper in place but the pins keep the bumper where it needs to be.... if that makes sense.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:28 AM
Those wheels look very similar to what I have for my BMW which makes me enjoy this very much. Very nice work on all you've done thus far!

Enjoy having the widest wheels ever placed on a Cav. (I think)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:06 AM
definitely liking these more than the vette wheels.

still needs to be a nut hair lower to pull off 110% HERRAFRUSH though, so the rim lip is just barely off the body. LOL

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search