Clustery goodness - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Clustery goodness
Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:46 PM
nice work man!

I want to see this mounted in the car....

Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:28 PM
I wish i knew how to do this :/ would love to have some gauges just like that..simple

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:54 PM
Plz do a write up i must have

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Friday, April 20, 2012 12:59 AM
I can do some sort of write up, however since my cluster harness is already modded, pics won't match. I'll do my best to explain it... Keep an eye on the interior forum in a couple weeks. I'm still making space in my garage to start gutting the interior

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:17 AM
I miss not being able to edit.... It took several months just to get this much clear... The other side is stuffed with random crap that has to go to the dump. I think this was built for trailer storage or something.

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:49 AM
Awesome!! I was thinking about doing something very similar for the Cav.

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:56 AM
Kardain wrote:I miss not being able to edit.... It took several months just to get this much clear... The other side is stuffed with random crap that has to go to the dump. I think this was built for trailer storage or something.

hoarder

looks good though. So will all this technically splice into stock wiring? Or how would one with say an 04 cav retro something like this into the factory wiring. Myself, like you, dont have emissions at all but would like the necessary warning lights to function properly if need be. would also be a great way to tie in more gauges that are deemed necessary. Or more so eliminate the stock tach since I have a digital one.

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:08 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Kardain wrote:I miss not being able to edit.... It took several months just to get this much clear... The other side is stuffed with random crap that has to go to the dump. I think this was built for trailer storage or something.

hoarder

looks good though. So will all this technically splice into stock wiring? Or how would one with say an 04 cav retro something like this into the factory wiring. Myself, like you, dont have emissions at all but would like the necessary warning lights to function properly if need be. would also be a great way to tie in more gauges that are deemed necessary. Or more so eliminate the stock tach since I have a digital one.

HA! My grandparents are the guilty ones for hoarding. I moved here after they moved out.... It's been a long, expensive, process to get things somewhat manageable...

Most of it can come off the stock wiring, other things like water temp input, tach input, need to come from external sensors.... couple weeks Covered will be as much as possible as far as the wiring goes... I have access to the cluster wiring for all years cav/sunfire, so its just a matter of getting the time to sit down, curse at my laptop that has the program for the wiring diagrams for being a slow POS, and writing it up while crossing fingers that it doesn't shut down on me after 10 minutes. Off-hand, most of the warning lights are not able to be used. They are commanded on via either the PCM or BCM via the class 2 data wire (single wire). What you would be left with is just a minimum of indicators that are independently powered.

Friday, April 20, 2012 11:58 AM
Makes sense. Also would want an odometer too. You peaked my attention. Just when you think my car would have been called done, this stuff comes up.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:51 PM
Yea that cluster is just about one of the nicest Ive seen for a cavy yet bro!! Great job..
Friday, April 27, 2012 9:35 AM
red carbon fiber and red digital , nicely done

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:27 PM
This speedo has an odometer built in. The mileage will start over at 0, but at least it's there.

One of the bad things about eBay is the wait time... But for $3 shipped, I can wait. This will make it easier to run power / ground / signal to the various gauges. computer extension cables, 4 pin molex for the gauges, fan extension cables for the indicators.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:10 AM
Man verry nice cant wait for the write up and part numbers

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:23 AM
LOL chris you dont even like carbon fiber, remember?!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:38 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:LOL chris you dont even like carbon fiber, remember?!

I don't! But since I bought my beater and it had some one-off pieces like a CF triple gauge pod and pass side A pillar and cf door thresholds that are all real, I can spot the difference a mile away.

Not my fault I inherited a car stuffed with carbon fiber!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search