I have an 05 Cavalier - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I have an 05 Cavalier
Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:59 PM
I recently got a $200 05 cavalier 5spd manual it's quite a nice car it's orange and such..I'm not sure what to modify on it though

Re: I have an 05 Cavalier
Monday, May 12, 2014 6:30 AM
Post up some pics! As for modifications, depends on what you're looking for out of a 200 car.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 12, 2014 8:04 AM
Does the 05" have a performance market? Because I can't alter my 94" z24 for anything...
Monday, May 12, 2014 8:30 AM
vic mendoza wrote:Does the 05" have a performance market? Because I can't alter my 94" z24 for anything...

Pretty much the same story for an 05. The only thing it has going for it is the ecotec motor. There's a lot of aftermarket support for ecotecs, though not nearly as much for the l61 variant that the jbodies came with. Luckily most parts can be shared from other variants such as the lsj that came in a cobalt. Those have tons of aftermarket support. Hence the lsj supercharger on my l61 cavalier in my signature.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 12, 2014 12:04 PM
Your car is awesome sir. I would show you mine, but it's raining here in Texas.
Monday, May 12, 2014 12:20 PM
vic mendoza wrote:Your car is awesome sir. I would show you mine, but it's raining here in Texas.

Haha thanks man, things got real crazy recently. Still working out the bugs. Post up sometime, I'm sure I'll see it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 12, 2014 7:33 PM
So, how are things in this forum? New here so I really don't know anybody or know much. I'm still struggling to post a pic of my car.
Monday, May 12, 2014 8:49 PM
Vic. All suspension parts from 95 to 05 will work...piecing a blower kit would yield the best bang foe the buck. Id suggest you start with maintenance items like replacing plugs, timing chain tensioner changes fluids and check all your brakes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search