Whats your SETUPS Dirt Track Racers? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Whats your SETUPS Dirt Track Racers?
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 5:57 PM
After I got the axle out of the car and straightened it; it worked great. The spindle bolted back in place and I ran a 100 lap enduro on 10/25. The handling was better than I expected and I could put the car anywhere I wanted cxcept for a few tines when the spot was already taken. Those dents come out pretty easy. Now I'm going to run a 150 on the 14th. and won't wory about a thing from the left rear.

Kenny "Poppop" Brown

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:17 PM
how do i do the spindle thing for the back hub please email me i have a machine shop that does all my work ..... 98 chevy cavalier
Sunday, November 02, 2014 5:34 AM
Question , if your track rules state no welding of dif, Could LF tire stager and weight of tire and rim be used , to put more power to the RF for getting off the corner
Wednesday, January 04, 2023 6:41 AM
looking for the guy that was machining spindles for a cavalier to take bearings as to not brake the rr off. any help would be appreciated
Saturday, March 11, 2023 4:28 AM
First off, don't over think this...All of the advice is good, but may be more than you can handle. As you stated, you are new at this. There are simple fixes to get your car to turn. I will share my set-up with you. Keep in mind, my car never pushes. Let's start with tire sizes and pressures. RF 185/65/15 32psi...LF 185/60/15 20psi...RR 215/60/15 30psi...LR 185/60/15 28psi...I never run tubes but I do glue all my tires and never had an issue. Now for suspension..Run 1/4" toe out, adjusting the RF. As far as the strut, elongate the hole to add more camber to both sides. You want your front tires leaning like this \ \ With Monroe struts, the bottom holes are elongated when you buy them. I just elongated them a little more. You can either mill them or use a plasma cutter. Now, as far as the RR hub. Buy a D&D hub or make your own as I did. In the older Cavs you have to cut part of the backing plate away. That's what I needed to do on my 97 Cav. I didn't have to do anything to the 04 Cav backing plate. Always run OEM hubs or if you buy aftermarket hubs, I found TRW hubs work best for me. Do NOT buy cheap hubs! Detroit Axel hubs are junk! Despite the name, they are made in China!
I hope this simplifies things for you.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search