Thinking of going Chrysler - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thinking of going Chrysler
Monday, February 01, 2010 6:36 AM
I am think it is time for a change, 3 years is a long time for me to drive one vehicle.

I am thinking of going to have a look at this...

2006 300C AWD

Anyone have an opinion on this car? Would it be good enough in the winter with a set of winter tires?

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**

Re: Thinking of going Chrysler
Monday, February 01, 2010 9:17 AM
ive always been a fan of the 300c's especially the awd ones... i say do it!

Monday, February 01, 2010 11:47 AM
I couldn't live with that interior. Or the fact that everyone would assume I was a drug dealer. There are MUCH better cars you can get for $15,000.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, February 01, 2010 12:40 PM
With a V8 and AWD?

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Monday, February 01, 2010 2:08 PM
Gutty96 wrote:With a V8 and AWD?

x2

Monday, February 01, 2010 2:13 PM
send me a pm guy... unless clicking that link did something weird that car is about 5 mins from my house...

the ad also says its an 05 300C...

Monday, February 01, 2010 2:40 PM
My mom has a 300 and not sure what year it is and also not AWD either but she lets me drive it now and then. I must say I really like the car. No complaints from me and the aftermarket for it is simply limitless. I'd say that's a solid investment. Go for it.
Monday, February 01, 2010 3:36 PM
We love our RWD 300C. 110% Pimp.

DO it!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:25 AM
Well, that car is like 3 hours from here, so I don't think I will be buying "that" car. I am just saying that is the kind of car I want.

Nice, big, with a bit of luxury, a bit of fun to drive, and the AWD to be able to handle the winters we get around here. Well, not so much this winter, but you know what I mean.

I think I will seriously start looking in the spring. There is a local dealer to me that has an 06 300C AWD, that they want $19,500, too much for the car I think, but I will go take it for a drive this weekend, and see what I think.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:33 PM
i am not a fan of dodge at all but my friend bought a 00 intrepid SE with the 2.7V6 and i really like the car alot. it rides so nice the power is ok for the size of the car. and my aunt also just bought a 300c Hemi. she drove it down from Canada over the summer def a nice car.
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:00 PM
There is a reason why Chryslers sales were down 11% while Ford went up 25% and GM went up 14%. Because most people know Chrysler/Dodge builds cheap disposable garbage. Save yourself, don't get it. If you must have an AWD V8 300 lease a brand new one that way you have a warranty and can get a rid of it before the thing just falls apart.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:03 PM
MM hmm. Someone's having a real bad day.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:36 PM
Heh. Talk about trolls.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:37 PM
Are you mildly retarded? I'm not trying to bash you. Thats actually a serious question. I thought you were just being a dick at first, but the more you post the more I have to think you're not really an ass hole....you're just....dumb.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:42 PM
I see. So it's come to this then. I did something to make you cry and whine, and now you are taking it down to your level.

Get down with it, angry young man. Oh, by the way, nice rabbit. lol.

Now tag up with your friend. Show me more!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:55 PM
Bill, you need to grow up.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:00 PM
Have you looked at Subaru at all? It sounds like you may like the Legacy, perhaps a GT with a turbo! That'll be a bit of luxury, fun to drive with AWD. Youtube is full of videos of Subaru AWD doing what it does best & blowing away the competition. I was going to pick up this car this week, but got a bit afraid with a landslide of medical bills coming my way 250 hp & loaded, proven reliability & resale value. Might be worth a look... or have I asked you this before? I want to say you've told me you think they're ugly? That popped in my head just as I was going to post.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:12 PM
Subaru Legacy's are nice, but think the mention of the AWD Lexus IS was also a good call. This thread really kinda bummed me out as it got me thinking that Domestics just don't really offer a good AWD car outside of the 300. Kinda makes me wish Chevy had an AWD Impala SS.
There is also the G35 AWD, and an AWD Ford Fusion V6.
The G35 could probably meet or beat the 300. We did mild, very mild bolt-on's on a 350Z a few years back and it showed a Charger SRT-8 is back side over and over. Not like total ownage but enough that the charger lost without a doubt. so i can cay that Nissan VQ motor is no joke. IMHO the G35 AWD sedan would be a great bang for the buck.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:46 PM
The Subaru Legacy GT is a very nice car. I don't think its a very big car though. Specially not compared to the 300C. I'm just not a fan of domestics anymore because even in their more expensive "Luxury" cars the interior seems so cheap. Probably because it is. No matter how much you like them you have to admit the interior leaves much to be desired for.

Don't get me wrong Lexus, Subaru, or anything else isn't absolutely perfect. At least when you buy a 30k dollar car it doesn't feel like the interior has a contract with rubber maid.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:31 AM
stargrrrl wrote:Have you looked at Subaru at all? It sounds like you may like the Legacy, perhaps a GT with a turbo! That'll be a bit of luxury, fun to drive with AWD. Youtube is full of videos of Subaru AWD doing what it does best & blowing away the competition. I was going to pick up this car this week, but got a bit afraid with a landslide of medical bills coming my way 250 hp & loaded, proven reliability & resale value. Might be worth a look... or have I asked you this before? I want to say you've told me you think they're ugly? That popped in my head just as I was going to post.

I don't think they are ugly, well at least not the one you posted. I think they are smaller then I like. I have a full size truck now, and do not really want to go to a small car.

I will have a look at a Subaru, and possibly a Lexus too, but I really do have a thing for the 300c, they are VERY one of a kind. There is nothing else like them looks wise. You either love them or hate them, and I love them!

Thursday, February 04, 2010 5:32 AM
Gutty96 wrote:
stargrrrl wrote:Have you looked at Subaru at all? It sounds like you may like the Legacy, perhaps a GT with a turbo! That'll be a bit of luxury, fun to drive with AWD. Youtube is full of videos of Subaru AWD doing what it does best & blowing away the competition. I was going to pick up this car this week, but got a bit afraid with a landslide of medical bills coming my way 250 hp & loaded, proven reliability & resale value. Might be worth a look... or have I asked you this before? I want to say you've told me you think they're ugly? That popped in my head just as I was going to post.

I don't think they are ugly, well at least not the one you posted. I think they are smaller then I like. I have a full size truck now, and do not really want to go to a small car.

I will have a look at a Subaru, and possibly a Lexus too, but I really do have a thing for the 300c, they are VERY one of a kind. There is nothing else like them looks wise. You either love them or hate them, and I love them!

The Legacy isn't a small car at all, it's the largest car they make! Every one I've been in has plenty of leg room for an adult in the back with the front seats adjusted back pretty far, if not the whole way. They've changed over the years and added leg room I believe, but even my '99 Legacy Outback has tons of leg room. We were just playing around in a 2010 Legacy at the auto show last weekend, it felt cavernous haha! Give it a look, you'll be surprised how roomy it is. The Impreza/WRX is the small Subaru out there & the interiors leave a lot to be desired.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:54 AM
The legacy isn't a small car. Compare it to the 300c though and I'll have to agree in comparison to what he's looking at it's small.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:52 AM
If you check out this chart of comparisons that I did on AutoTrader, you can see the Legacy has more front leg room & is very close to all other interior sizes, although not so much in the rear for leg room. If I remember correctly, they don't have kids or anything, so they probably shop for cars like my husband & I do. The front matters, the back is bonus. I'll admit I'm biased, the fit/finish/textures/feel of a Chrysler do not measure up to that of Subaru IMO. I've been in & out of a lot of them at auto shows over the years, the value doesn't seem to be there with Chrysler. It's not my car, not my money, but the Subaru is a darn nice ride & often under estimated. Again though, I'm going to exclude the Impreza/WRX, I really think they're sub-par compared to the rest of Subaru's lineup when it comes to the interior.

For the record, I had to guess on the 300 trim level because the link above is no longer valid.

Friday, February 05, 2010 3:14 AM
The only issue I see with Subaru is that they are very hard to come by around here. There was a local dealership, and by local I mean it was 45 minutes away. But, it closed during the economic issues of the last few years.

So, I don't know where I would even find one, and if I did, I don't know where I would service it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search