megasquirt or HP. you decied - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt or HP. you decied
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:45 AM
I have been looking at the HP tunerz post and im starting to get a bit worried about the strenght of that thing.

Hp utislezes all factory sensors and opens up your tables and lets you basiclly use any injector correct?

does the MS have any benifits over it? I dont want to sell my Mega squirt but I need reasurance that Im not using dated technowldgy. <----best spelling ever

the final thing that scares me is the fact that HP can tune trans if this is so I might just have to ditch the MS. there is just no two ways about it this is a sad day for me

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: megasquirt or HP. you decied
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:56 AM
Took this from the HP thread...

Quote:

Shifted:

We may be kinda screwed as far as 2-3 bar map sensors go, I'm trying to get more information from Keith, but his last communication with me this afternoon said that they don't support 2/3 bar upgrades on the 4 cylinders

If that helps any...?!?!

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:59 AM
I think that is old I just read something from him a while ago saying other wise

and besides that would be product suiced there is no way on earth that anyone would be soo stupid to realease a full flash with out 2 bar+ cap. the market would consist of heavy modded na 4's. not to mention you could buy a safc for half the cost.

thoughts?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:05 AM

I don't know,that was posted yesterday at 9:29pm

"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:29 AM
if GM can do it, i dont see why they cant do it as well. Also like its been said, if they dont support it, they arent going to sell much software.

But im pretty sure there software works by modyfying the software you already have, so if you got the GM charger, you already have the 2 bar map sensor set up.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:31 AM
Yeah, Keith gave me that information yesterday....

Jayson-
Thats true, but if they OS isn't supported by the HPT software (ie they can't read it), then the HPT software won't be able to edit it. I'm going to see if I can give Keith the s/c code, if he can get the 2 bar to work for us.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:53 AM
you guys cant be serious. there is no way that there going to sell software with out boost sensitvity. then again I might need it just for trannie. sigh

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:57 AM
2 AND 3 bar is a must..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:00 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:2 AND 3 bar is a must..

thanks

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:17 AM
Jcavi wrote:you guys cant be serious. there is no way that there going to sell software with out boost sensitvity. then again I might need it just for trannie. sigh

I don't know what to tell you, the info I give comes straight from the horses mouth. They ONLY support the 2/3 bar maps on the Gen 3 LSx's. They don't even support it on the existing 6 cylinder packages that they have had for some time now.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:27 AM

Ya,I've heard several of the Supercharged GTP guy's bit(h about buying the program only to find out it won't support boost for them.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:02 AM
im just conserned on the price of hp, dont you have to buy some interface thing for like 500 bucks before you even get the software? if so then im going megasquirt, cheaper and about the same stuff you can do. i gotta read up on squirt somemore in the forums though, just spit balling.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:03 AM
Shifted wrote:
Jcavi wrote:you guys cant be serious. there is no way that there going to sell software with out boost sensitvity. then again I might need it just for trannie. sigh

I don't know what to tell you, the info I give comes straight from the horses mouth. They ONLY support the 2/3 bar maps on the Gen 3 LSx's. They don't even support it on the existing 6 cylinder packages that they have had for some time now.

not to beat a dead horse but whats the @!#$ point then?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:57 AM
BOOSTED wrote:im just conserned on the price of hp, dont you have to buy some interface thing for like 500 bucks before you even get the software? if so then im going megasquirt, cheaper and about the same stuff you can do. i gotta read up on squirt somemore in the forums though, just spit balling.

You get the software AND the cable for $499 for the basic package, $649 for EIO.

JCavi-
Well, the point is still being able to make 440cc injectors idle like stock, run well off of boost, adjust shift points, etc. It does loose quite a bit of usefullness not being able to tune boost, but I'd like to get my injectors to idle without dying at every stop light and smelling like raw gas.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:20 AM
this + EIC.. unfortunately that is $$$$

i would think that would give us the best tuning platform possible right now.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:30 PM
I am using hp tuners.. I can get big ass injectors but make the whole car run right without an fmu.. want to add boost? just adjust soem things

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:38 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I am using hp tuners.. I can get big ass injectors but make the whole car run right without an fmu.. want to add boost? just adjust soem things

You will find its not that simple...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:55 PM
id say use HPT for spark, stock injectors, rev limiter, 1bar map, etc etc etc and the eic/extra inj/2+ bar map for boost and only boost. that is until HPT gets boost control

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:34 PM
Shifted wrote:
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I am using hp tuners.. I can get big ass injectors but make the whole car run right without an fmu.. want to add boost? just adjust soem things

You will find its not that simple...

so I couldnt run like 720cc injectors and tune them?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:51 PM
I'll explain it to you on the phone, but for others sakes, I'll say a bit...

Yes, you can use 720cc injectors, but you can only tune them N/A. Since there's no way for the ECU to know if your in boost or not, then there is no enrichment maps or ve tables that will give you additional fuel, or control fuel during boost.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:15 PM
I just read this thread and looked at HP's site, looks good none the less just worried about the 2/3 bar map....it would be awesome though to have trans control....but still pondering megasquirt......i guess ill have to keep updated

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:22 PM

jigga what

you bought the HP tunerz? hows it running man INPUT...INPPUUUT. (jonny 5)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:24 PM
Jcavi wrote:

jigga what

you bought the HP tunerz? hows it running man INPUT...INPPUUUT. (jonny 5)

Philbert hasn't bought it yet, he's just wishful thinking

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:03 PM
bummer....im sad now

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:43 AM
listening....... this sucks about the boost sensivity, how can they be so stupid ? is it that hard to add 2bar/3bar map sensor readings ?.... I'm sure tuning in HPTuners would be so much easier than to setup a megasquirt not to mention you already have your own baseline from which you can get started.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search