Anyone get LSJ ECU and LSJ Motor to work in J body? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone get LSJ ECU and LSJ Motor to work in J body?
Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:28 PM
I wanna know if anyone has made this happen i have lsj motor and ecu i wanna drop in my cav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya buddy

Re: Anyone get LSJ ECU and LSJ Motor to work in J body?
Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:10 PM
How many times does this have to be asked? The cobalt pcm will not work in a jbody without serious modification and a complete rewiring of the car.

The motor will work but requires some modifications and the use of an external crank trigger wheel because the jbody pcm uses a different crank sensor reluctor wheel and can't read the wheel the lsj uses.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:11 PM
Literally on the same page right below this thread..

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=26081&t=26081

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:15 PM
Monday, October 20, 2014 7:37 PM
read them but wandered about success

Ya buddy
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:38 PM
Not to be a dick but if you really read them you'd know the answer to both. The pcm idea was scrapped a long time ago, it's not happening unless you want to rewire the entire car from the headlights to the tail lights, add a delta bcm, pcm, cluster, ignition switch, etc. I'm sure the delta has more airbags, probably need to hook those up and put them somewhere too unless you want your dash to light up like a christmas tree; that's of course assuming you've made a custom dash setup to house the delta cluster. Then after all that the inspection station will be real interested to find out why your cavalier or sunfire thinks it's a cobalt or a redline. Bottom line, if you're emissions exempt, get a standalone. If you're not, get a new car.

Motor, it works. It's a pain in the ass and it over complicates your setup and makes trouble shooting real hard. You never know what timing advance numbers you're actually running due to the trigger wheel setup. Bottom line, run forged rods and pistons in an l61 bottom end and swap the head for an lsj if you're really feeling saucy.

*drops spoon*

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:42 AM
I thank you 4 ur input sir made me think alot

Ya buddy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search