HPT VE Tuning - The Easy Way - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HPT VE Tuning - The Easy Way
Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:15 PM
Jamon wrote:does anyone still have the histogram setup for this
I thought I emailed them to you? If not, I still can... Whats the addy? What wideband you using?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, December 05, 2011 11:37 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
Jamon wrote:does anyone still have the histogram setup for this
I thought I emailed them to you? If not, I still can... Whats the addy? What wideband you using?
can yo email methehistogram setup for me please its a 04ls sport innovate lm-2 wideband or post it

see ya!

Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:32 AM
could i get a copy of the histogram, or could the setup be posted?

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:45 AM
PM me your email I got them

I have a few questions about the procedure

Turn off Closed Loop operation
a) To do this, open your current calibration file in the HPT Editor.
b) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>Open & Closed Loop
c) Open the ECT vs Startup ECT table
d) Set all the cells to 255
2. Set the target AFR *(WHAT IS THE TARGET AFR?????)
a) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>Power Enrich
b) Click on the Base AFR vs ECT
c) Set your desired AFR at each particular ECT. *(HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT OUR DESIRED AFR WILL BE FOR EACH ECT?)
d) Open the Mult vs RPM and set the multiplier for each RPM to hit the target AFR in that RPM cell
3) Turn off any injector pulsewidth modifications
a) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>General Fuel
b) Click on the IPW Multiplier vs RPM table
c) Set the entire table to 1.0
4) Make sure your injector constant is correct and working as desired
5) Save this file as VETuningCLDisabled.hpt (or whatever you want, just don't overwrite your working tune).
6) Go flash this file on to your car.

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:25 PM
can i get a copy of the histograms too. pm sent
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:47 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:PM me your email I got them

I have a few questions about the procedure

Turn off Closed Loop operation
a) To do this, open your current calibration file in the HPT Editor.
b) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>Open & Closed Loop
c) Open the ECT vs Startup ECT table
d) Set all the cells to 255
2. Set the target AFR *(WHAT IS THE TARGET AFR?????) Should be based on your setup-boosted, N/A, Nitrous
a) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>Power Enrich
b) Click on the Base AFR vs ECT
c) Set your desired AFR at each particular ECT. *(HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT OUR DESIRED AFR WILL BE FOR EACH ECT?) Truly not set answer. Some make it the same across the chart
d) Open the Mult vs RPM and set the multiplier for each RPM to hit the target AFR in that RPM cell
3) Turn off any injector pulsewidth modifications
a) Go to Engine>Fuel Control>General Fuel
b) Click on the IPW Multiplier vs RPM table
c) Set the entire table to 1.0
4) Make sure your injector constant is correct and working as desired
5) Save this file as VETuningCLDisabled.hpt (or whatever you want, just don't overwrite your working tune).
6) Go flash this file on to your car.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 17, 2012 4:47 AM
Will someone possibly just put the histograms on a host?

If someone emails them to me, I'll host em.

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Friday, August 17, 2012 3:16 PM
Here are the ones I use.
Low RPM
High RPM
Coast Down
Idle

note that the RPM ranges are wider than the tables

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:20 PM
also note that they are setup using my AEM Wideband 02. You will need to change the PID to the AFR error you setup for your wideband.

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:55 PM
Thank you so much.

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:57 PM
Well, thankfully I have the pro interface and also an AEM wideband. Just don't know how to connect it to the interface. Just the 0-5 wire?

Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:04 AM
there is a diagram in the help file for HPT that shows you how to connect I/O to the MPVI pro interface. the HPT help file has a lot of very helpful info, it's not the typical BS help file.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:44 AM
maybe a dumb question, but when i have the config file flashed my cooling fan doesnt work, and the car gets a lil hot by the end of my 30 min trip, what do i need to do to fix it, on the regular cal it works just fine. Thanks for the input guys, i feel retarded no knowing this lol
Friday, October 11, 2013 5:30 PM
Just got the car retuned yesterday, street tune. Tuner found our ECU really difficult to tune. 1 table vs 30 for a vette for example. Got a good street tune I think. When it came to timing, I am at 28 at 6 RPM without KNOCK. Never made it on the dyno for WHP numbers so playing with timing was a guess as far as getting me more WHP. My AFR across the RPM band was 14.5-15 and 12.7 at idle. I know nothing about tuning so I wish I had printed this sticky for the tuner. He adjusted all he could, but I wonder if there is something this sticky could have told him.

I would love to talk about it to any of you guys (PJ, NEWT, SHIFTED etc). Call me please. 813-924-4219

Thanks!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Friday, October 11, 2013 6:31 PM
That AFR is way way off.

Your Afr should be 14.7 ish at idle and cruising and in PE mode or Wot (however he tuned it) should be around 12afr.
Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:58 AM
Yea those AFR's are off by a wide margin. You are missing out on all kinds of spark advance with your AFR up there and throwing money out your exhaust running that rich at idle.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:24 PM
Thanks guys. I've emailed the tuner. I'll try to get it back on HPT this week, hopefully without paying another $500! I'll keep reading the post for information that I will print and take with me.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:31 PM
One more thing guys, I could not find out to LOG INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE in HPT. The option isn't there! How do you guys do that? I'm not seeing that anywhere, still searching.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:09 PM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:Thanks guys. I've emailed the tuner. I'll try to get it back on HPT this week, hopefully without paying another $500! I'll keep reading the post for information that I will print and take with me.

You better not pay another $500. The tuner gave you a @!#$ tune.
Sunday, October 13, 2013 8:34 PM
If IDC isn't a default option, your tuner should be able to set up a custom parameter based on IPW.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:49 PM
I had the wrong information. See below:

"Your tune was set for 12.9 WOT AFR and I brought the down some to 12.6 final AFR because richer is safer. Leaner can make more power, but will blow the motor easier. That's why I stay richer.
I really don't see much if again more gains for the car in the current set up. Under actually load of the car at WOT, I was able to see how fueling was and spark. You have 28 degrees of timing in the car now. It really should be a be to take much more if any, and if it did, its only work a couple HP and for as hot as its gets down here, to much timing is not good"

My next question is, does the ecotec motor like a lot of timing or should I have the tuner decrease it some? I think the car was more responsive at 26 degrees of timing instead of 28. Anyone have any idea on the timing parameters based on an NA ecotec? Also, the fuel pressure remained stock. Anyone think I should have raised the fuel pressure and tuned it accordingly. The shop owner and tuner didn't see the need to increase the fuel pressure, I seem to agree with them. What do you guys think about that?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:18 PM
One more thing. I am using the stock heat range plug (heat range of 5 from NGK - higher the number, colder the plug). Should I have got a step colder plug since my engine is hotter and modified (I'm not running boost but still?). If yes, and I replace the plugs with a step colder plug, that shouldn't mess up my tune I just had? What do you guys think?

Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:02 PM
Plugs are fine.

Timing without Dyno time to see the power between the 26 and 28 degrees no one knows.

Also this sticky is old and crappy. We have updated info in this forum on tuning.

I agree with the tuner and no reason to up fuel pressure.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 04, 2021 3:14 PM
I wonder if its possible to upload the histograms again. the link has crashed.
Tuesday, October 05, 2021 1:13 PM
VE Error - Low RPM Coastdown
VE Error - Low RPM
VE Error - High RPM
VE Error - Idle
User Math Parameter - EQ Error

Those are the histograms I used, and that should be the custom math parameters (in the tools tab or CTRL - M) that is used. If using the linked math parameter just double check the sensor ID #'s, I don't remember if they change car to car, but they may if you have the AFR gauge on a different input than I used. I think the older HPT software worked the best for these cars, and I actually just put up a thread in the HPT forum inquiring if they have legacy software available for download. So tune in to that if your interested.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search