Body kit help. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Body kit help.
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:18 PM
What type of clear silicone should I use to put my type-j side skirts on. Is this jsut like normal kinda u would put in a caulk gun and also find it at like menards or some @!#$ liek that. Thanks. Oh yeah and the store to find the brands u suggest and maybe a pic of it woudl be great.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Body kit help.
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:24 PM
Aren't your sideskirts already on????

Anyway, I would use molding tape. If you really want them on there good (and permanent), use Fusor 147...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:26 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:Aren't your sideskirts already on????

Anyway, I would use molding tape. If you really want them on there good (and permanent), use Fusor 147...

Yeha molding tape sucks haha. Bottomed out in the snow and it ripped it right off in the door sills not really looking for long tetm woudl liek to be able to take them off to sell the car next year.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:17 PM
That sucks, cant really help u cause if there not molded in thats just whats gonna happen. Seen it to many times with all my friends kits, thats why i molded my in. Sorry!

Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:02 PM
Squick wrote:That sucks, cant really help u cause if there not molded in thats just whats gonna happen. Seen it to many times with all my friends kits, thats why i molded my in. Sorry!

Kinda hard to mold urathane the right way.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:43 PM
double sided 3m tape should work. dont you have bolts in your fender wells? thats how i have my drift ones mounted and i never had a problem with them

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:16 PM
Does anyone read every I used tape it SUCKS. The sides are still hooked to the car its jsut the lip that is in the sill is pushed up casue the tape keeps coming off. So would people please read and answer my damn question abou twhat silicone to use.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:55 PM
Settle down man, yes you can just us any type of exterior silicone. Dont expect this not to tear off if you bottom the car out though, the only 100% way to keep them on is to mold them
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:07 PM
no do not use a silicone base material it will not bond to the metal
duramix or 3m makes a material that bonds plastic to metal to plastic
if it were fiberglass and you didn`t want to mold in the rocker panels duramix and 3m make panel bond believe me that will never come off
if ya want contact me i can get the material at work but ya need to buy the dispenser gun i work at cars collision in la garnge for some reason ur car looks famliar to me

can i haz bondo
Saturday, February 12, 2005 11:55 PM
big daddy wrote:no do not use a silicone base material it will not bond to the metal
duramix or 3m makes a material that bonds plastic to metal to plastic
if it were fiberglass and you didn`t want to mold in the rocker panels duramix and 3m make panel bond believe me that will never come off
if ya want contact me i can get the material at work but ya need to buy the dispenser gun i work at cars collision in la garnge for some reason ur car looks famliar to me

Well figureing im from near chicago and am always up in chicago area and schaumberg area u might have seen me a few times.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:05 PM
Yea u can bond them on but then forget about selling them next year, Your in a bad situtation, your trying to have the best of both worlds and its not gonna happen. Either put up with the crapy tape, or bond them on.... Fusor makes some good products, I used Fusor 127EZ plastic to metal bond to do my kit. Good luck!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search