Red tail light bulb - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Red tail light bulb
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:23 AM
I need to find a red tail light bulb for my 02 cavalier. If anyone can help me that would be great. I don't want it to look pink i need a nice RED thanks again.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Red tail light bulb
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:43 AM
Your going to need to look into led's. I know at pepboys they sell a tail light bulb but its not a bulb it has about 10 led's where the bulb goes. they are really bright and only red not pink like that fadeing crap. The only problem is when i bought them for my old cavi, they kept poping my fuse for the tail lights. So I bought a diff. brand and had no prblems.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:14 AM
The problem with those are they make the lights go hyper styel when turning

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:27 AM
I had that problem also but get extra bulb sockets(wallmart?), if you can find some then splice em in and tuck the bulbs under the carpet and run the LEDs in the tails?

just an idea

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:46 AM
That was what i was thinking of doing. But thanks the socket idea is better then jsut looses wires tapped up liek i was gunna do haha.

Keep the ideas coming. If anyone knows the exact resistor that I need for the apc leds let me know.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:51 AM
Sinfire (Formally SpyderWizard wrote:I had that problem also but get extra bulb sockets(wallmart?), if you can find some then splice em in and tuck the bulbs under the carpet and run the LEDs in the tails?

That works perfect. I ordered LED's from http://www.lumileds.com/ (luxeon emitters) and bought extra bulb sockets from Autozone. Epoxied the LED's in the turn signal part (toyota cav tails) and just tucked the socket behind the carpet. Haven't gotten a "hyper -blinker" since.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:18 PM
pep boys has red bulbs..i got em in my tails i had the same problem

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:37 PM
96Z24Colorado wrote:pep boys has red bulbs..i got em in my tails i had the same problem

Those look pink but I have found a idea that so far works. I bought some orange bulbs and bought some red gel caps and so far they ae a nice bright red. I hope they stay that way and dont fade

Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:45 PM
get an orange bulb and put a red gel cover over it it will be pure red (done it before with my sunbird, ive replaced the b/up lights with this and converted them to blinkers)

Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:47 PM
They will.

Go with Lumiled's luxeon emitters. You can't go wrong with them. Hook a proper resister on there and they'll be perfect.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:53 PM
Or you could get what i had on my s10 for a little while HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search