Cavalier front end conversion. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier front end conversion.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:18 AM
ok i dont know if this has been done yet because i have never seen one done. but if anyone has any info on swapping a front clip from an 06 cobalt onto the cavalier. i have gone back and forth on the idea because i think it would look weird really bulky in the front and slim in the back. but i can get a wide body for the back and i am not doing anything with the body i just wanted to supercharged ecotec for the cavi might as well change it all out and not fix all the dents in my current hood. so if anyone has any info on this or can help me look for info on this it would be much appreciated. been looking for about 2 weeks and still can not find anything.

i know alot of people have told me it wont work but i have put a mustang front end on a 94 saturn and it looks nasty but it was possible.

P.S. dont waste your time posting useless remarks trying to act smart.

Re: Cavalier front end conversion.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:25 AM
Obviously anything can be done...... with that said, it is not anywhere close to a direct swap! If you have a heavy wallet, go for it, but it will more than likely look like trash!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:34 AM
yeah, if you want a balt front.....buy a balt.

I think they wont look good together.

but looking at TONS of $$

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:40 AM
cash i dont got but i do got a complete front end of a cobalt and a couple of years of shop. i have all the equipment i just wanted to see if there would be an easier way to do it. i see alot of sunfire swaps to the cavi because its a direct swap but i think a wider back on the cavi would compensate for the bulky look on the cobalt. and since i have the front end laying there and im done with my project teggy for now and dont know what i want to do with my civic hatchback i wanted to try out a new look for the cavi. but if you think there is no easy way to do it i better get to work.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:38 AM
i know alot of people have told me it wont work but i have put a mustang front end on a 94 saturn and it looks nasty but it was possible.

Kinda off the subject but do you have pics of the mustang front on the saturn by chance? Never seen one done before and It sounds kinda interesting as I had a 93 sc2 before my fire.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:00 AM
can it be done, yes. would it look good, no.

what info exactly where you hoping to find?

00cavicoupe wrote: but i can get a wide body for the back and i am not doing anything with the body i just wanted to supercharged ecotec for the cavi.

and wtf does that mean

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:33 AM
If you really have the skills, then do it! I want to see a pic of that saturn too...

Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:30 PM
I think we called his bluff on the mustang/saturn thing. Would have been interesting to see though but who knows if it would even be the real thing and not a photoshop pic anyhow.
Saturday, September 20, 2008 3:51 PM
well dosent the front of the cobalt look just like the front of the cavalier concept excluding the cobalts lip

not the same but similar

Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:09 PM
sneaky pete wrote:well dosent the front of the cobalt look just like the front of the cavalier concept excluding the cobalts lip

not the same but similar

not even close.

the fenders on the cobalt has a hard line on it which extends along the upper edge of the door and back, whereas the cavalier is smooth. the fenders extend up onto the a pillar on the cobalt, not on the cavalier. i'd be surprised if any of the bolt holes are even close to the same spot between the two.

like joey said, it can be done... but it won't even be close to easy. if you have the skill, go for it, but be prepared to spend a lot of time and money on it.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 7:31 PM
Quote:

not even close

i wasnt saying that it looked like it can be done easy i was just pointing out the similarities in the two front bumpers, meaning why not just get the one made for the cavalier (i know its not made anymore but i see them floating around here alot)

... either way i like the cavaliers much more....

and if someone was going to spend that much time and money why not go really crazy instead of somthing most people wont notice till its pointed out

Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:34 AM
who sells the turbo sport spoiler? if u can get it

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:02 AM

Member of JBO - 9 Years & Counting...
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 1:43 AM
”i do got a complete front end of a cobalt and a couple of years of shop.”
I know I'm way late but I wanted to say anyways. If you already have the parts it shouldn't be much more for the hardware I say you try it. I would like to see it because I am trying to think of something unique as well.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:39 AM
Jesse Feeling wrote:”i do got a complete front end of a cobalt and a couple of years of shop.”
I know I'm way late but I wanted to say anyways. If you already have the parts it shouldn't be much more for the hardware I say you try it. I would like to see it because I am trying to think of something unique as well.

it's alot more than just having the parts and hardware. It's most likely going to require a ton of fabrication.

Generally if you have to ask a question like this, you don;t have the skills to pull it off.

Monday, December 26, 2011 6:06 AM
they are totally different cars.. part a Cavalier next to a Cobalt and look at them.. the Cobalt has a higher belt line and hood line for current and upcoming crash standards.. even the last of the Cavaliers were based on a chassis that was developed in the late 70's and sold to the public starting in the early 80's- the Cobalt is early '00's tech with modern building techniques.
the last redesign of the Cavalier was intended to be a transition to the Cobalt- that's why some of the styling cues are similar- but they are totally different cars with the same drivelines and wheel bolt patterns on the Cobalts that got 5 lug wheels.
Monday, December 26, 2011 8:33 PM
Wow.... That last post was just...... ..

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:48 PM
x2
Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:13 PM
WTF?!?!?! So someone brings a 3 year old post back from the dead just to rattle off a pointless post that has no value whatsoever???? Seriously. Stupid people on this site......

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:54 AM
Quote:

yeah, if you want a balt front.....buy a balt.

I think they wont look good together.

but looking at TONS of $$

Agreed if u have the skill go for it I'm in the works of redesigning the TRD bumper and have already made a fiberglass copy that in it's self is a PITA especially if you don't know what your doing, but if you think you can give it a shot more power to you but it will cost You $$$$$$ and alot of time, or you could just pay me ^_^ to make you one that would fit and look decent from fiber glass and look similar but it won't be a cobalt front, but again it will cost ya as does everything else.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:31 PM
Go for it. Make sure you post some pics up tho

Stainless steel lines? Who needs them? Just don't brake O.O

Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:19 PM
Roofy wrote:WTF?!?!?! So someone brings a 3 year old post back from the dead just to rattle off a pointless post that has no value whatsoever???? Seriously. Stupid people on this site......

Wow... Some people would find this interesting why not just keep rude comments like this to your self. By the way I saw a cavbalt a couple months ago and it didn't look half bad. Wish I would have got pics.

Monday, April 08, 2013 4:39 PM
Is the zombie apocalypse happening already? I hope not, 'cause I'm not ready.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:47 AM
Cant recall of the top of my head who did it, but someone just recently molded a Cobalt SS bottom half of a front bumper to a 03+ Cavalier.
That is about as close to what you are talking about you are gonna get without some MAJOR modifications.

Building it one piece at a time
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:55 AM
Wow just realized how OLD this is.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search