Spolier Part confirmation? Autocross spoiler? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spolier Part confirmation? Autocross spoiler?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:22 PM
This question is really directed towards anyone on the boards that might work in a GM parts department or be able to get an image of this spoiler.

So I was thumbing through my old Sunfire accessories catalog and came accross a part number for a "performance spoiler"

Name: Spoiler Kit
Color: Primed
Part #: 12499746
Price: $400. (at the time)

I went through a few parts departments and most weren't very helpful. GM has listings for this spoiler as well as a few other Sunfire spoilers. An example would be Part number 12496227 which is a black painted spoiler with stop lamp which costs about $169.00.

I vaguely remember but I believe part number 12499746 is the number for the Sunfire Autocross spoiler which was offered at the time as the lip kit. But I cannot get a confirmation. The only reason I say this is because catalog had a image of a sunfire with the lip kit and spoiler, which for whatever reason I can't find anymore, just the parts list.

Here is what one parts department said when I contacted them:

Robert, Part number 12499746 is a flush mount spoiler that comes primed and must be painted to match your vehicle. The price is $375.14 and it is still available at this time but we do not have a picture of it. Part number 12496227 is black and includes the stop lamp. The price is $169.67 and it is still available at this time. Thanks, Mark Zeeb

I am pretty sure that this may in fact be the Autocross spoiler but no one is too sure. I think I might take my chances and purchase the spoiler to see for myself since I cannot justify why this spoiler would cost so much compared to the three other spoilers that GM has listed on the 03+ Sunfire parts list which all cost $169 and come pre-painted in black, white or primer w or w/o the stop lamp.

Just wanted to see if anyone here might be able to help out and if this is the Autocross spoiler I am happy to have shared this bit of info to anyone who may have been looking for it in the past.

Sorry guys now GXP spoilers though

For those who aren't familiar with the Autocross concept spoiler, a quick pic....

Re: Spolier Part confirmation? Autocross spoiler?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:28 PM
i have the part numbers in a thread here somewhere....they are on print outs from my GM dealer.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:29 PM
Yea I have a pdf of the "performace accessories list" thats where I got the number from. I am just wondering if anyone an confirm my theory.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:34 PM
hmmm very interesting.

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:35 PM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it is the Autocross spoiler.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:37 PM
My other thought is that the other part numbers are for the +03 canadian sedan sunfires which are the flat deck spoiler and not the "whale tale" type of the coupes? But still the contrast in prices seem very high to me, but then again this is GM we are talking about and price inflation on parts usually isn't uncommon.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:39 PM
RobMan41 wrote:But still the contrast in prices seem very high to me, but then again this is GM we are talking about and price inflation on parts usually isn't uncommon.

The price is what made me think that it was the Autocross spoiler. I had looked at the part number myself and considered it.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:39 PM
gimme a minute to look, i posted a flyer in here somewhere too that has the number on it....

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:48 PM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:54 PM
Better pic:

American Tuner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:54 PM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:54 PM
Nice! So its actually a carry over from the American Tuner package. Thanks for that, looks like I'm getting an early Christmas present. lol

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:01 PM
however, i just called my local dealer (not the one i normally deal with) and he said his computer says its a stock spoiler with "stop" light he called it...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:02 PM
yea see that is really what I am worried about, even if GMpartsdirect labels it as a "special order" item that is non-refundable.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:02 PM
Most dealers don't know what they are dealing with. Just like when I was tracking down the lip kit. Half of the parts guys had no clue.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:04 PM
yeah good thing i got all my parts list stuff....i think its the right one...i have the number somewhere at home but i have NO odea where...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:06 PM
how about you order one, and if its right i will order one right after the new year...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:10 PM
I'm debating it, I'll let everyone know / post pics if I do buy it. With my like I bet I'll have a $400 OEM spoiler sitting in my garage. LOL

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:13 PM
eh GMpartsdirect labels the cheaper spoiler as a "special order non-refundable" as well. Probably since the Sunfire is out of production any part GM sells for it more than likely won't be taken back. Which is obvious.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:40 PM
the PN is listed in that ad above. just order that PN and if you get something different, tell them its not what you ordered and if they say too bad, just file a claim on your CC for it.

Re: Spoiler Part confirmation? Autocross spoiler?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:44 PM
Next paycheck I'll probably give it a shot. I'll keep people posted.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:24 PM
it is the spoiler in the pic above, its in the booth right now and i'll post some pics once its out

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:52 PM
Nice. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:55 PM
yeah, if you order the # off the flyer, and it shows up different, you can return it.....I dont care if its special order or not.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:13 PM
marc lannon wrote:it is the spoiler in the pic above, its in the booth right now and i'll post some pics once its out

That would be awesome to see. I haven't dropped the money on it yet, cause I just downed $300 for a new custom LED Cluster from BlackCatcustom. Seeing an actual pic of it will make me even more comfortable with placing the order.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search