Factory mudflaps on LS sport - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Factory mudflaps on LS sport
Monday, March 31, 2014 8:44 PM
I realize this probably isn't going to be a popular question, but has any one tried to install the factory front mudflaps on a 3rd gen Z24 or LS sport with ground effects? My new daily driver 04 LS sport has some major paint peeling right on the lip of the fender that the factory mudflaps would cover. Or is there anything else out there for mudflaps that wrap around like the factory ones do?

Much thanks!

JLP

04 LS Sport Sedan

Re: Factory mudflaps on LS sport
Tuesday, April 01, 2014 2:34 AM
I'm guessing the stockers would work just fine and screw right in.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, April 04, 2014 8:16 PM
Thanks for the response. I know they are not going to be a direct fit for obvious reasons, just curious if someone has trimmed them around the ground effects and if they still look decent and are sturdy enough.

All the junkyards around here don't let you just walk around anymore, they have to pull it for you and have minimum charges for items. If it was still like it used to be, I'd just go grab a pair and start hacking away.

JLP

04 LS Sport Sedan
Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:23 PM
not a silly question at all, mud flaps look great on the jbodies IMO. If i ever decide to install my LSS lips, Ill def be keeping the flaps.
I have noticed mine appear to be different than aftermarket ones. Mine are sturdier and face the correct way. The Cobalt ones for instance for some reason face backwards, and you have the hollow part pointing back, just looks off.

I checked rockauto.com, nothing there. Id grab a part number and just do an amazon or ebay search, they'll show up.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, April 21, 2014 3:37 AM
Because unfinished threads drive me nuts, figured I would update this.

Ended up getting the Pro-Fit 6401. With a little trimming and fitting they don't look too bad, and with Oreilly auto having the best price anywhere at $12.00 for the pair in stock... it was a no brainer.

JLP

04 LS Sport Sedan
Monday, April 21, 2014 6:24 AM
Pics!!!

It beats a Honda!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search