04 cavalier rear side marker "wanna make flash" - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 cavalier rear side marker "wanna make flash"
Monday, August 11, 2014 10:09 PM
I recently bought and installed 95-99 clear turn signals and when I received them they only had 1 hole for my
Brake "tail" light, sooo I drilled a hole for my small side marker light and placed amber bulb... SO when lite at night they sorta resymble toyo tails...

My question is I want my side marker to flash with my turn signal from my park light/brake/turn signal "bigger" bulb

Only problem is if I would splice power wire from brake, amber light would turn on when hitting the brake all the time any ideas on how to get side marker to work as park light and turn signal but not brake?

Re: 04 cavalier rear side marker
Monday, August 18, 2014 11:17 AM
jmason wrote:I recently bought and installed 95-99 clear turn signals and when I received them they only had 1 hole for my
Brake "tail" light, sooo I drilled a hole for my small side marker light and placed amber bulb... SO when lite at night they sorta resymble toyo tails...

My question is I want my side marker to flash with my turn signal from my park light/brake/turn signal "bigger" bulb

Only problem is if I would splice power wire from brake, amber light would turn on when hitting the brake all the time any ideas on how to get side marker to work as park light and turn signal but not brake?
Soo...you got clear tail lights, not turn signals?

I'm assuming you have a 95 Cavalier that had the extra 194 bulb on the outside piece, and that's what was missing on your clears?

If this is true (your post is not exactly clear on these points), search in either this forum, or the audio and electronics forum, for the Toyota tail wiring. You're going to have to cut and resplice most of the wires in your tails, so that your large bulb only comes on for parking/running and break lights, and the amber only comes on for turn signals.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search