This Is Just Wrong - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This Is Just Wrong
Sunday, December 03, 2006 8:54 AM on j-body.org
HAHAHA Whiskey and PCP, that would be quite entertaining!!!!

Sunday, December 03, 2006 9:20 AM on j-body.org
I wish I could take credit for that.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 08, 2006 10:36 PM on j-body.org
K, so I get tired of hearing the phrase "you dont have the right to critisize the troops while you sit at home in your comfy chair"

1. I am sorry that I had a different calling in life than those in the military. I am greatfull to them but at the same time as an american citizen I have to right to speak my mind and some people dont like what the military is doing right now. And sorry to say but telling people "if you dont like it here then leave" is kinda stupid cause our soldiers are fighting to give us our freedom (or so the government tells me cause personally I havent had anyone show up and directly try and hinder my personal freedoms...ohh well) thus they are fighting for our right to speak our minds...so to the "if you dont like it here then leave" people...shut up. Just cause I dont have the same beliefs as someone else doesnt make me any less american, that is what is so wonderful about America!

2. I dont care if the guy in the aformentioned video ended up giving the kids the water, making them run behind the vehicle was stupid. Its hillbilly rednecks like him that give our military a bad name.

3. "Those children throw grenades at us" Ok so maybe I dont have the same sentiments as others but look at it from the kids perspective. If someone came to your country and you didnt want them there....umm what are you going to do? Not every one of our soldiers are peace loving fighters for the rights of human kind in fact people like that are the minority. I mean just look at all the lovely UN problems we had a while back.

To put an end to my post all I would ask is that you "Get-R-Done" redneck "if you dont like it here then get out" people need to please shut your idiocy spewing mouths. This country was not made with views like that in mind. This country started off as a place to escape persecution and it evolved into a beatiful melting pot/think tank of other cultures that it is today.
Sunday, December 17, 2006 5:56 AM on j-body.org
well then... thats alot of people wishing harm on our own people.. well ill tell u what, im a soldier serving in iraq right now and those little bastards do far worse to us.. i cant even talk about some of the things those kids have done to US Soldiers or convoys. it seems cruel true but you just have to see it from the other side. now having said that, i do not condone this type of activity nor would i allow it in my convoy or my own truck. this type of thing is not supposed to happen and im sorry but it does. i hope this video gets deleted and no more like it get sent to the states. nobody needs to see this and what is going on over here, especially civilians. you have no idea whats going on unless you are here. thats all i can say about that.

2001 Ford F250 Superduty
7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
XCal-2 With Tadds Tunes
Water/Methanol Injection
aFe Stage 2 Intake
Full Set of AutoMeter Gauges.

Sunday, December 17, 2006 5:35 PM on j-body.org
Lime: are you saying that we don't have a right to know?

Look, I'll be blunt: I've seen what people can do to others in the heat of a crime or when they have time to do their worst. You say you wouldn't allow it to happen in your unit, but in the same sentence you say it does. I'm sure that there are far worse things happening in Iraq by soldiers, civillians and Iraqis all... Just because it happens doesn't make it okay for it to happen.

The lads that were in that vid were doing something repugnant. Is it as bad as murder and raping a girl while her parents look on? Probably not, but YOU ARE NOT THERE TO DO THOSE THINGS.

Excusing it with that kind of flippant attitude just left me gobstruck... and saying that you'd rather all the dirty little deeds committed on foreign soil should just be excused and swept under the rug? What the hell?!? Put yourself in the kid's shoes for a minute: a Foreign guy and his buddies that are in your country to ostensibly make it a safer/better place to live are patrolling around and taunting kids like you with the basic necessities of life and then not even doing you the favour of giving you what they offered? That's called lording over people... you're there to do a job, and that kind of gross display doesn't fall into any mission objective I've seen on record.

Guys like that are making your job and life a lot harder and dangerous. I am utterly aghast that you'd say that you want things like that to just disappear. The only way you and every other service person in Iraq comes out of there without getting the same taint that a lot of Vietnam era vets got is to air out these kinds of things... Sunlight is the best disinfectant, otherwise you get dirty little wars like the one that re-installed the Shah of Iran, and ops in Laos and Afghanistan.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, December 18, 2006 9:41 PM on j-body.org
well, that was fun reading that whole thing lol

all i know is that when i head over there, i wont do something like that.

BUT i also will not trust anybody at all. except the guys standing next to me
Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:17 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Okay guys:

SETTLE THE HELL DOWN.

OR I break out the hose.

What those guys were doing was stupid, cruel, and juvenile, at best... totally representative of the warmongers that started it.

You want to see why Americans aren't universally loved with open arms and adulation around the world, it's because of bullshit like this. I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN WHAT THESE GUYS WERE THINKING, THEY WERE ACTING LIKE JERKS, BULLIES, AND WANTON LITTLE CHILDREN. That is not what your military is there to do. Get the job done, and don't colour outside the lines. You just saw, in a 1:06 clip what makes you as Americans HATED around the world.

You wouldn't tolerate this kind of shit from your kids, why is it okay all of a sudden for your soldiers to pull this kind of a stunt?

Get that unprofessional lot out of Iraq before they start making al-Qaeda right, just because they're pulling dumb stunts like this. Those assholes are going to get REAL SOLDIERS killed with that kind of shit.

Good job on Winning the hearts and minds of the occupied peoples, there lads. I guess walking a mile in the other guy's shoes is asking a little much, eh?

Dude, you're just pissed that it was Americans with water instead of a bunch of Mounties riding down the street waving Tim Hortons.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Don't knock Timmy Ho's, it's better coffee than Starbucks.

And don't worry Upstate about any karmic kickback. if anyone deserves karmic kickback for wishing death it would be me, for stating that 2006 was boring because not enough people died from natural disasters.

Still, i'd like to point the prejudice out here...

How can ANYONE here, even the soldiers, marines, airmen, and seamen over in Iraq say that ALL of the chiildren in Iraq chuck grenades at them? Have they met all of the kids?

It's not like many of these kids are Fabio and we're the duck (since we know fabio had it coming), but still, be you military or civillian, you don't have the right to be a douche abroad.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, January 19, 2007 5:38 PM on j-body.org
@!#$ EVERYONE that judges ALL Americans, including the soldiers, for the actions of a few. The mistake is not ours, it is theirs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 19, 2007 5:39 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search