So Im Considering the Libertarian Party......... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So Im Considering the Libertarian Party.........
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:11 PM on j-body.org
From what I learned in Govt class today is that basically Libertarians believe in leaving everyone alone unless theyre hurting someone else?

Am I on track? I need to read some more. But can someone give me some insights into their beliefs and pro and cons. Please.

I put this in War since I think it may get angry. Haha.

Re: So Im Considering the Libertarian Party.........
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:23 PM on j-body.org
wel....that's a piece of it. A small piece.

the main points are summed up below, but are not limited to these points:

Quote:

libertarianism support strong personal rights to life and liberty, but do not agree on the subject of property. The most commonly known formulation of libertarianism supports free market capitalism by advocating a right to private property, including property in the means of production, minimal government regulation of that property, minimal taxation, and rejection of the welfare state, all within the context of the rule of law. Some pro-property libertarians are anarchists who call for the elimination of the state. Some call the pro-property view propertarian, and some pro-property libertarians believe a "propertarian philosophy" is a weak basis for libertarian morality. A number of countries worldwide have libertarian parties which run candidates for political office.

There are many different forms of Libertarians, as with most parties, they do not all agree on every principal.

This is also not just something you jump into because of a 30 minute talk about it in class. Just sayin'. Do your research, If the party fits your ideals and viewpoints, go for it.

Start reading here:

http://www.lp.org/

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:28 PM on j-body.org
you also have a PM with a few more links

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:10 PM on j-body.org
Recieved and PM returned

Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:48 PM on j-body.org
id say instead of arming yourself with one group or another to just search for the guy or girl you feel will do the best job.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:39 PM on j-body.org
I really believe that any voice other than the current two parties is valuable, and worthy of consideration.

Viva Libertarians and any other movements that can gain some traction and provide a third Voice of the People!

Sunday, November 01, 2009 12:42 AM on j-body.org
i identify most with the libertarian party, however i remain a registered republican just so i can vote libertarian in the iowa caucus.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:46 PM on j-body.org
Talk to him.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search