Terrorist attacks IRS building - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Terrorist attacks IRS building
Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:46 AM on j-body.org
Gasp! And it wasn't even a Middle-Easterner. Click here for the preliminary news and vid.

Hitting a IRS building... if I was a betting man, I would bet it is a Tea-Bagger in protest.

Quote:

single engine plane smashed into the side of an Austin office buildling today and authorities are investigating reports that the pilot may have burned down his house down and then steered the plane into the building in a suicidal attack on the IRS, sources told ABC News.

Firefighters put out a blaze caused by a plane crashing into a Texas building.The pilot was identified as Andrew Stack. The IRS has offices in the building complex that was struck.

Eyewitnesses who saw the plane slam into the building said the pilot appeared to be in control of the plane in the moments before the crash.

"It hit it and the strange thing was the engine seemed to me to running at full power. It didn't seem like the plane was in trouble. It was going full blast. It's not a very fast airplane, but this thing was really moving fast," pilot Jerry Cullen told to ABC's Austin affiliate KVUE.

Beth Jones told ABCNews.com that she was headed downtown on Highway 183 when she spotted the plane overhead and immediately noticed how low it was flying.

"The plane was just coming down," she said. "He was so low you could actually see him in the plane."

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Terrorist attacks IRS building
Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:51 AM on j-body.org
LOL@ terrorist.

Hell yea, homegrown terrorist

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:54 AM on j-body.org
Hmmmm.

Needless to say I hope the employees are ok. It is an idiot move on his part in so many ways. This will start to restrict private pilots and cause more FAA issues. Jesus what the hell goes through people's minds?

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:58 AM on j-body.org
Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:52 AM on j-body.org
hated GWB
hated organized religion
hated accountants
hated our health care system
signed with the Communist creed and mocked capitalism

generally not the ideals of a right wing "extremist"

Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:27 PM on j-body.org
^Joseph Andrew Stack sounds like a proponent of limited and less government intervention on individuals. Isn't that the main calling on today's "Tea-Baggers?" No matter whether left, center, right, up, down, much to the popular notion that some regulars in the War section here have; among today's event and historic scenes, "terrorist" does not have to solely be a Middle-Eastern chanting the Koran.

Found his letter, if any one wants to read. Clicky.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:10 PM on j-body.org
Guess we won't find out for sure until Holder reveals the secrets of the man's manifesto.

And congrats GT, you have found a fourth american "terrorist".
Anybody read what his motives were here? Was he trying to make some kind of statement, or just trying to go out in a blaze of infamy?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, February 19, 2010 5:29 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^Joseph Andrew Stack sounds like a proponent of limited and less government intervention on individuals. Isn't that the main calling on today's "Tea-Baggers?" No matter whether left, center, right, up, down, much to the popular notion that some regulars in the War section here have; among today's event and historic scenes, "terrorist" does not have to solely be a Middle-Eastern chanting the Koran.

Found his letter, if any one wants to read. Clicky.

I've never heard of anyone who supports the "tea party movement" be a proponent of communism. That's the left's calling. Reading his little diatribe leaves signs that could reflect views from both sides.

Regardless of which side his ideology lies, there is NO excuse nor reason to bring harm to anyone. That is the act of a coward.

Friday, February 19, 2010 7:08 AM on j-body.org
Funny, on the news yesterday the police chief was saying how this was a 'lone wolf" act,

Not terrorism.

bending the truth hey GT?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, February 19, 2010 9:44 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Guess we won't find out for sure until Holder reveals the secrets of the man's manifesto.

And congrats GT, you have found a fourth american "terrorist".
Anybody read what his motives were here? Was he trying to make some kind of statement, or just trying to go out in a blaze of infamy?

The article is on top. The gist of it looks to be, he was fed up with the government and their "heinous acts," as he says. This was his for form of revolt, rebellion.
And whether it was one or a million American terrorists, any race, religion, gender, culture, creed, can be one. And yes, I know the previous administration and the media told us, or I should say...implied us other wise.

INFIDEL wrote:Funny, on the news yesterday the police chief was saying how this was a 'lone wolf" act,

Not terrorism.

bending the truth hey GT?

Chris

No, just labeling it what it is. Sure it was solely done, but I'm willing to bet that there are thousands that have that same belief as him. Besides, looking up the definition of terrorist through a dictionary, or what the FBI's definitions uses, and whether it is done by a middle easterner, or a Cuban, or red-blooded American, acts like these is in fact terrorism.
Beside what happened yesterday was no different than 9/11, just on a smaller scale.

Had we have the previous administration in power, we would be at war with Texas by now. ... I kid, I kid.

Friday, February 19, 2010 6:37 PM on j-body.org
What if he had been pissed at coca cola putting polar bears on their cans, and crashed his Daihatsu into a coca cola vendor's cart...killing the vendor and himself? Would that be small scale terrorism? What about robbing a bank and scaring customers inside....terrorism?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:31 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

the police chief was saying how this was a 'lone wolf" act,

Not terrorism.

That was what the chief said GT.

take it up with him...

But Scott dose bring up a great point....

I guess for me, the line is drawn by if it was planed out by many people, not one person.

ya know?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, February 20, 2010 7:31 AM on j-body.org
Let's see. Some of the highlights in his letter are:

Pissed off about the 86 Tax Reform Act
Pissed off about Big Religion getting tax breaks
Pissed off about "bailouts for The Rich"
Pissed off that when he moved to Austin, the evil big corporations of the area were in collusion to drive down wages, and they don't give a f$%k about anyone but themselves and their rich buddies
Pissed off at his view of the new way the weathly deal with a recession: by stealing from the poor and middle class.

And, of course, the final lines:
Quote:

The communist creed: from each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: from each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.
LOL. So, go ahead and jump in with the rest of the media dipsh!ts, and try to paint him as a teabagger, right-wing extremist, or whatever your flavor of the week is. However, the way I see it, Goodwrench, you could have written that letter. He seems to have pretty much the same views as you do.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:45 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:What if he had been pissed at coca cola putting polar bears on their cans, and crashed his Daihatsu into a coca cola vendor's cart...killing the vendor and himself? Would that be small scale terrorism? What about robbing a bank and scaring customers inside....terrorism?

Lets go by definition. And lets use references that we all can look up.

Quote:

1.the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
2.the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3.a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism

Also directly form the FBI.
Quote:

Definitions

There is no single definition of terrorism. The FBI defines terrorism as, "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

The FBI further describes terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base, and objectives of the terrorist organization.

Domestic terrorism involves groups or individuals who are based and operate entirely within the United states and Puerto Rico without foreign direction and whose acts are directed at elements of the U.S. Government or population.

International terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence committed by a group or individual, who has some connection to a foreign power or whose activities transcend national boundaries, against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

The FBI divides terrorist-related activity into three categories:

a terrorist incident is a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any state, to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives;

a suspected terrorist incident is a potential act of terrorism in which responsibility for the act cannot be attributed at the time to a known or suspected terrorist group or individual; and

a terrorism prevention is a documented instance in which a violent act by a known or suspected terrorist group or individual with the means and a proven propensity for violence is successfully interdicted through investigative activity.

http://denver.fbi.gov/nfip.htm

Read those definitions and it is easy to plug it in to this incident and your hypothetically scenes lol.

INFIDEL wrote:
Quote:

the police chief was saying how this was a 'lone wolf" act,

Not terrorism.

That was what the chief said GT.

take it up with him...

But Scott dose bring up a great point....

I guess for me, the line is drawn by if it was planed out by many people, not one person.

ya know?
Chris

Then that chief is indeed ignorant on knowing what terrorism is. I don't blame him, now a days we have the preconceived notion that terrorism falls only to the middle-easterners.
I understand what you are saying that it has to be by many, but in the end, it is not accurate.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:17 AM on j-body.org
Then based off of the FBI's def, I fail to see how he wanted to change the goverment

Quote:

intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

What was he trying to change?

Chris

Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:29 AM on j-body.org
^According to him, taxes and how government works.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 12:57 PM on j-body.org
So, if 7-11 starts overcharging for slurpees... I tip over the machine and punch Akbar in the liver....terrorism?

Monday, February 22, 2010 5:02 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:So, if 7-11 starts overcharging for slurpees... I tip over the machine and punch Akbar in the liver....terrorism?

dude just get over it, swallow your stupid pride and accept the fact that all terrorists arn't from overseas.

you seriously can't tell the diffrence between punching one man in the face, and trying to destroy and entire building full of people? seriously? is it that hard?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 22, 2010 5:53 AM on j-body.org
Not that at all,

my point of how it was not a terrorist act is this.

IT WAS ONE GUY THAT WAS MAD.

Simple right?

Chris

Monday, February 22, 2010 8:39 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:Not that at all,

my point of how it was not a terrorist act is this.

IT WAS ONE GUY THAT WAS MAD.

Simple right?

Chris

Using this logic, that would mean the guy who shot up Ft. Hood was not a terrorist.

I would disagree. He was a terrorist, and this guy in Austin should be labeled a terrorist.

Monday, February 22, 2010 10:13 AM on j-body.org
Scott & Chris, what would be your definition/opinion of a terrorist or terrorism?

Monday, February 22, 2010 7:15 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

That one.

The difference I guess for me, between this wacko and that hojie, is this...

the IDEOLOGICAL GOAL.

Chris

Monday, February 22, 2010 10:27 PM on j-body.org
Of course not ALL terrorists come from the middle east. Just like ALL gay black men don't play bass guitar. (Token)
However, the smart money says if a plane is hijacked, a bus blows up, or blows himself up at a Sbarros.....chances are there's a prayer rug in his living room. Now you can "Eureeka!" when the anomoly Caucasian-ish dude does so
ething lime that....but that's just it....an anomoly. You pick the last 20 major news stories of terrorist activity over the last 2-3 years, and see if the list doest sound more or less like roll call at a Shiite frathouse

dictionary references....2010 Miriam Webster :.Main Entry: 1ghet·to
Pronunciation: \ˈge-(ˌtō\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dial. ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw — more at jet
Date: 1611
1 : a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
2 : a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
3 a : an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:58 PM on j-body.org
I just hope they don't ramp up General Aviation security like crazy, we already have to deal with enough bs.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:43 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:
Quote:

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

That one.

The difference I guess for me, between this wacko and that hojie, is this...

the IDEOLOGICAL GOAL.

Chris

Glad you clarified the "I guess for me" part.

ScottaWhite wrote:You pick the last 20 major news stories of terrorist activity over the last 2-3 years, and see if the list doest sound more or less like roll call at a Shiite frathouse

Just the last two years, there's been more attacks done by those who don't "own a prayer rug in his living room." Whether it be attacking schools, abortion clinics, or museums. The problem you show is that, you only focus on one society, and let other societies continue doing their mayhem, just because "they don't look the part."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search