Grand Rapids, MIJoined:
Saturday, May 11, 2002Last Update:
Thursday, February 2, 2017Last Seen:
Friday, October 20, 2017Email:
unlistedWeb Page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/326931
2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE
About This Vehicle:
Love me some J-bodies! This is my technically my third one. It all started when I met my wifey; I inherited her Medium Grey Metallic '85 Sunbird SE - 5 spd. In '97 we bought a brand-new Deep Purple Metallic '98 Cavalier - 5 spd., (the same year I discovered this site). In '00 we "upgraded" into a Grand Am... I wrecked it within two months of taking delivery. (It never was quite the same after that). We'd driven a '00 Sunfire as a loaner while the GA was in for repairs, it was then we began to realize just how much we wished we had just kept our Cavalier. So, in May of '02 we decided to trade-in the GA, and found our way back into a J-body, (this time for good!), when we bought this Polo Green Pearl Metallic '02 Sunfire SE - 5 spd. (Of course, it had to be a three pedal!).
I'm a proud original owner; we've been mates going on 15 years-180,000 miles, and counting.
When I first got it, I envisioned it becoming a sort of Sunfire SE-R, thus my member ID was born.
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Polo Green Pearl Met.
Engine: 2.2L I4 OHV, (LN2)
Interior: Graphite Cloth
Purchase Date: May 2002
Purchased From: Todd Wenzel Buick-Pontiac-GMC
Build Date: October 2001
- CD-MP3 player w/ RDS; 6-speaker audio system.
- Fram Air Hog filter.
- want: at least the cat back exhaust from an '03+ 'fire.
- painted factory wheel covers dark hammered bronze.
- want: 16" Borbet LV5 wheels.
- want: TEIN adjustable coil-overs
- alternate plan: N-Body IRS & rear disc conversion.
- B&M short-throw shifter.
- semi hard-wired TomTom Sat-Nav.
- contrast stitched leather steering wheel cover.
- planned: contrast stitched leather shift/e-brake boots
- want: late model Trans Am leather front seats.
- shaved factory "Sunfire" door badges.
- "GM-mark of excellence" emblems grace each fender.
- RK Sport genuine carbon fiber Pontiac dart on the front fascia.
- LED side marker & back up lights.
- orange "Formula" vinyl decals in place of shaved door badges.
- planned: carbon fiber mirror covers.
- want: Firebird/Trans Am-esque honeycomb style tail lights.
- 2015 update: rear quarter rusting out at the sill; sun damage to the hood; roof; and rear quarter; so SAD! :o(
- rear: Pioneer 3-way 6x9's.
- front: Rockford Fosgate dual voice coil 4x6's.
- misc.: Griffin Road trip Apple 30-pin dock.
- front fascia orange accent stripe (hat tip to: Aston Martin racing livery).
- planned: custom projector headlights (Sunfire American Tuner-style)
- dream: '95-'99 Cavalier front clip with projectors eyelids and a carbon fiber extractor hood.