why is everyone selling their j's? - Page 5 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: why is everyone selling their j's?
Friday, November 25, 2005 6:10 PM
I scrapped mine because....

1) The Isuzu Manual transmission is a peice of @!#$.
2) The car handles like a 500lb dancer.
3) Really cool electrical problems.
4) Alt, Water pump, slave cly, clutch, head gasket where all replaced and the car still suck.
5) It's a GM.
6) I want a WS6 and to work more on my Talon.

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:13 AM
Thougth once of selling mine about a year ago...realized there was no way I could see it drving around and me not own it!!

Too much time and money invested at this point to be honest so I'll give mine to one of the kids when they start to drive, that's only a few years away.

I have my car now anyway, 2006 Saab 93 Aero so the Cavy is nothing more than a hobbie to me. I still plan to mod it and even bought a new system for it the other day.

One of my kids are going to be a very lucky 16 year old with one hell of a modded Cavy!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:43 PM
^^ please teach them to drive right....i dont wanna see that thing destroyed.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Monday, November 28, 2005 4:37 PM
I consider selling mine all the time for a car with more personality. The Cavalier has this "I'm too poor to buy an awesome car, but I can't live with a metro" feel to it. But it's mine and it's too late and I enjoy driving mine. There are still days when I get in it and I'm suprised by the pull it has for a 'crappy car'. I mean, there are 100 cars I want more that cost less than $30k, but I don't even have $5k, so they are all out of reach. It's a transitionary thing until I'm older and have copious amounts of money (of course) to buy a Lotus Elise with.

Monday, November 28, 2005 9:16 PM
I am never going to get rid of mine, I'm to attached and its been a great car. I have over 180,000 miles on it and it has never let me down. Plus its fun to work on a car nobody else modifies. I also gets lots of compliments, and I can't wait to actually make it fast when i finally graduate from college.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:29 PM
I was thinking about blowing my old J up with a 200 shot of NOS. NOTHING LIKE A VIKING BARIAL AT SEA!

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:11 AM
im a toyota fan myself. In my opinion those new corollas are kinda better they get about the same mileage but have more power and more room. I wouldnt mind getting one if I could get the money saved up.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:28 AM
i cant sell my car cuz im poor and have like 5 years of payments i have 2 make on it so it is all just starting for me

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:22 PM
I dont necessarly want to sell mine if i dont have to, great for daily driving, but for fun and performance, I defenitely want to get something else. Most manufactured stock vehicles that are popular in the sport compact world would stomp cavys/sunfires stock to stock, plus with the imports and such there's just overall more potential and bang for your buck vs. the jbodies. I'm not saying I hate the J's, just dont have the love for them like I used to when i first got mine. Just my opinion.

Absolute Finest President
www.AbsoluteFinest.net
www.cnfxperformance.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:02 PM
I won't ever get rid of my cavalier. It has been amazing the last 2 years and has NEVER given me any real problems. I've had minor things done to it such as recalls, new wiring for turnsignal switch, brake calipers, rotors. The only major things were done when I bought the car from the Chevy dealer and they did it all under warrenty anyways. So 2 years later, I've kept up with changing the oil and filter, brakes, all the fluids, new tires + rotations. Plus I don't speed around all the time or drive like an idiot. I have treated my cav with respect and in returned it has blessed me with being the best car it can be.

----------------------------------------------------------------
-2001 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L Coupe
-5-speed Manual
-Cavalier Red
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:04 AM
when ever you have car for a long time yonly do so much to your cav u get bored of it. you can only do so much before you need to move on i am selling my cav as well. it has bags and kits and alot of customization but once you get behind a car that puts out 250 plus horsepower quick stock and all you have to do is a little bit mods and it goes fast that is the way you should turn

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:26 AM
I want to sell mine .....well because it's time.

I have a second child coming..so I need a more practical car.

Besides I want something different, a little bigger,a little faster, alittle more comfortable with a nicer interior.

i wish I could get at least 4,500 for my Cav but that might be pipe dream. It was fun while it lasted though

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:34 PM
I've had my car for 8 years this month. Worth more to me than what I could sell it for. Plus I don't want a car payment and just use the money to make it better.
Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:37 PM
because they don't have the ecotec 5 speed
Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:22 PM
This '04 is my 5th Cavalier. All had at least $3,000 invested and the only reason I got rid of the other 4 was because the next one was better. My first one was an '82 then a '94, a 2001, 2003 and finally this '04. the '03 was an Ls automatic but I wanted a 5 speed transmission for that extra boost and also handling reasons. I've test driven Celica and honest to God I also test drove a Lancer Evo. Although the Evo had an obvious difference in H.P I wanted the challenge the Cavalier presented to me of upgrading to Evo level. I'm not even close but it's fun trying. I was already approved for the Evo with payments of $250 a month but turned it down for Yes... my Cavy. And to this day I don't regret it at all. ( by the way my payments now are $285 since I turned the '03 in)

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:58 PM
im selling mine cause i have 2 other cars in the garage that need attention. hopefully i can find a good new owner for it.

my faster car is in the garage...
Monday, January 02, 2006 10:05 PM
selling mine because its getting old and its time to get a new car, i loved my z24 but its just time to move on, the cobalt is what i'm getting next, hopefully by the end of this week
Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:11 PM
wow you people are starting to scare me,i dont know if i want the z24 im getting lol
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:31 AM
gonna drive mine into the ground...not worth it...Going to go honda....

---------------------------------------------------------
The Chronicles of Dust
View the website and read the Novel.
http://dustnovel.webs.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search