Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 12 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:16 PM
If you would like to recieve updates on Chris' condition, you can e-mail his mother Jodi Hoye at jojosewsew(a)columbus.rr.com

Last update was
Quote:

Chris walked a few steps with support today. He learned "I love you"
in sign language. Responding to commands well. He wrote what he wants for Christmas. His room is busy a lot with nurses visiting from the ICU and therapists stopping in.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:56 AM
thats good he's able to take some steps.

is he not going to be able to talk or are they just getting him sign language til he can relearn how to speak?

also, does anyone know if he's been told what happened to casey? or if he's asked about her?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, December 19, 2005 2:42 PM
glad to here he is up and walking even with support thats great !! kacie please keep us posted if you get an email from his mother

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:34 AM
okay guys, I have received an email from both Chris' mother and stepfather. He is still improving and was moved to a rehab center on Monday. Chris' stepfather was advised to cancel the updates page for personal reasons of the family. Thats all he said, which is very understandable.

He didnt want me to post the email but he did say one thing that I think we need to respect "Kasey's family is still very distraught and upset, and had asked that
all references to her be removed from all the web pages. This may not
be a good time to contact them."

I dont think this means saying her name, I think it means like the links to her myspace and such. They are all going through a hard time, and Im sure that it is just all very overwhelming right now.

They are all extremely thankful of the support that we have given chris, kasey, and their families thus far. I will continue to update everyone as I find out. I dont reccommend alot of different people emailing his family. They all seem very overwhelmed and I dont think that we need to bother them, (I felt that way when I was emailing them at least). The only reason I did so was because I had previously been in contact with Chri's mother and grandmother right when it happened.

Anyhow, theres your update

And no, noone has said anything as of yet about him being able to talk. He has just come a very long ways from where he started, and it is all a miracle that he is recovering so quickly. Please continue to show your support

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:28 PM
that's awesome!! way to go Chris

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:08 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS CHRIS!!! I hope that you are able to enjoy your christmas as much as possible! Keep getting better! You're making progress everyday! Your family is sooo proud of you and Im sure Kasey is watching over you.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:44 AM
^^^Sorry I haven't read all the pages, but what hospital is he at here in Columbus? Not that im going to pop up there lol just would like to know since im in the same city..

Thanks.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:50 AM
i'm praying for you Chris! This is so sad. I've been engrosed for an hour!
Can i get an up to date address to mail him a card?

Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:08 PM
any recent updates? its been a while...

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:22 PM
hes still making a little progress...not much but any and all is excellent. He is at a rehab center now whitecavy, not a hospital...and everyday he is doing a little more....

ill keep u informed as i learn more, i believe you can e-mail his mother Jodi Hoye at jojosewsew@columbus.rr.com if you would like to send your condolences gmpartspro.....right now they are all very overwhelmed with cards and calls..an email will be just as much appreciated .

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:18 AM
anything more recent...its been a few days since an update

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:12 PM
yes please, how's he doing?

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:51 PM
i talked to one of his friends today and chris is at home now. He doesnt talk very well and is kinda slow, but the doctors say that he should be able to overcome that with time. He has been told about Kasey but he really just says "okay." he doesnt really understand what has happened or who to many people are. id say that he has made alot of progress so far. It has almost been two months already. Ill try to update again when I know more.

Chris I hope that you're hanging in there and then when you get to read this thread one day, you will be able to understand and see how many people were pulling for you to get through this. Stay strong hun and keep fighting every step of the way.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:04 PM
very good news. hang in there chris!

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:34 PM
you can do it !!!!!!! j/k get well soon chris

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:51 PM
Glad to hear he's pulling through. Can't wait until he gets back on the .org.

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:57 AM
Kraceykat (Kacie Prahl) wrote:He has been told about Kasey but he really just says "okay." he doesnt really understand what has happened or who to many people are.

that brought tears to my eyes. i go to up that way form time to time.i'd very much like to visit him, if i was aloud to. i don't know when i will go there again, but im sure some time this year

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:34 AM
Chris...we are all here for ya bro...cant wait to have ya back man.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:06 PM
Its been a while since I've checked back on this thread...

Im very happy to hear about his will and drive to recover.

I know I wouldn't have been strong enough to pull thru this. So mad props to ya Chris...

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:39 AM
Keep it up chris!! I still pray for you everyday, and its so great to hear updates on how well your doing! i know the first time you read this thread it will be hard for you, I just hope that you can look past all the and see that there is a whole community of family that has been pulling for you this whole time rather than bicker about piddly crap like whose fault and speeds and how it happened. I dont really care how it happened I'm just sad to hear that anyone would have to go through such a thing. Good luck buddy, I'm here if you just wanna talk!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:12 PM
i just joined the .org two days ago and this whole story is new to me. Good luck Chris

Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:55 AM
been a long time since i posted but this is...wow..gave me shivers up and down to read some of the posts...is there a accendent report saying how fast he was going and wether or not the wiring problem was related to the crashand weather or not (no disrespect intended) alcohol/drugs was involved?
Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:57 AM
^ ^ nicolas smith - he was going 70 in a 45, no drugs/alcohol were involved based on a blood test, and no the wiring problem had nothing to do with it.....

he was changing lanes and accidentally crossed over into the oncoming lane and lost control and hit another car head on.

he is still recovering, but he doesnt remember anything from that day. like i said, he doesnt even realize what it means when they tell him that his girlfriend is dead. He is still recovering, and thankfully he's still making progress.

Hes speaking a little bit more now, but very slow. I hope that he recovers completely from this.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:05 PM
anything new?

JBOK.org loves you
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:42 PM
no sorry, ill update when i talk to sara again....

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search