Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 14 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:03 AM
Just a note to the guy who thinks having roadside memorials are uncalled for.
I also thought that.Until my son was killed Sept 30 2004.He was also a J-body member.Now I'm one of the people who has a cross that is taken care of always.It's there to remind people of the lost dreams and hopes.To remind people that tomorrow is not guaranteed.It's a gift.It's to remind people to hug someone they love more often,tell someone you love them more often.In short don't waste your days being petty and complaining about things that really don't matter.I'm sure your feelings would be different if it were your brother or sister,or your girlfriend.Yes I too thought it was strange to put those things there.Until 9-30-04.Now I'm in the club no one want to be a part of.
I short the memorial is there so people know a good man has left us and those of us left behind want the world to know he will be missed.

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:58 AM
while I dont have any problems with roadside memorials 'per-say', I do have a problem with ones that are neglected...... not saything that this one was, I am sure it wasnt.

On a side note, any possiblity that they werent stolen, but 'cleaned up' by the city sanatation crew? I know in WI (milwaukee for instance) they just had a city wide clean up, where they took down all memorials around the city. It ticked off alot of people, but alot of the memorials where months old, and just piles of wet, mildew filled, stuffed animals.......

just a thought...... could also explain why the police where less then helpfull.

best wishes to both families, and friends

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:24 PM
any new news?

great to hear his moving around and such. hope he makes it on here even if to say hi and see that most of the org was behind him and those involved in the incident!

Friday, February 17, 2006 1:24 PM
just wanted to get on here and say i am glad to see that he is getting better! i will pray untill we find out he made a full recovery. I hope this girlfriends family can forgive him and pray for him also.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:12 PM
Wow, that was deep, I just found this thread and was compelled to read every page, I offer my heartfelt condolences to Chris and Kaseys family and friends. I truely hope you recover to the fullest extent you possibly can despite such a great loss. Much love.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:19 PM
is kacie even still around to give us updates?

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:10 PM
The Redneck wrote:is kacie even still around to give us updates?

Don't look like for much longer...
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=496712&t=496712

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:28 PM
Kardain wrote:
The Redneck wrote:is kacie even still around to give us updates?

Don't look like for much longer...
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=496712&t=496712

????

thats not who he meant

unless this post has gone way off topic

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:03 PM
Pg 13, 9th post down...

Kraceykat (Kacie Prahl) wrote:
Alexis wrote:That article made me sick, I can't believe that.

x2, im gonna email sara now and see if i can find out more....

why would someone do that? even as a joke, thats not funny at all. some people really are heartless...

Page 12, 4th post...

Kraceykat (Kacie Prahl) wrote:okay guys, I have received an email from both Chris' mother and stepfather...

Seems like the same person to me, unless I'm grossly mistaken (which happens from time to time)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:20 PM
greg klocke wrote:Just a note to the guy who thinks having roadside memorials are uncalled for.
I also thought that.Until my son was killed Sept 30 2004.He was also a J-body member.Now I'm one of the people who has a cross that is taken care of always.It's there to remind people of the lost dreams and hopes.To remind people that tomorrow is not guaranteed.It's a gift.It's to remind people to hug someone they love more often,tell someone you love them more often.In short don't waste your days being petty and complaining about things that really don't matter.I'm sure your feelings would be different if it were your brother or sister,or your girlfriend.Yes I too thought it was strange to put those things there.Until 9-30-04.Now I'm in the club no one want to be a part of.
I short the memorial is there so people know a good man has left us and those of us left behind want the world to know he will be missed.

Whole heartedly agree. I have been fortunate (with very unfortunate endings) to see such things happen to people I knew. I know that sounds bad, but I mean it in a way that I have experienced the pain that others go through with times like these. It really wakes someone up in that they are not eternal forever (while they might be else where, Heaven; if you believe) and they must embrace what they are given and what they have. While I was not close with these people, my friends were, I saw the impact it had on them. There is now a memorial at the High School where 2 of the kids were passengers in a fatal accident. Coincidentally, someone I know very well was involved with the accident, so I was able to see how it affected him.

And I'm very sorry to hear of what happened to your son. He will be in my prayers.

Relating to the original post...I'm glad to see Chris is doing well. Our prayers still go out to the families of the victim in hopes they can forgive Chris and see the light ahead.

It is truly times like these where we all need to stop what we are doing and just think and reflect on ourselves. Thank those for making us who we are. Thank God for every passing breathe; who knows when it will be our last? We must realize life is a wonderful gift, with all its up's and down's. I will stop here, I could go on forever.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:41 AM
Yeah, it's the same girl. But let's not get off track.

What happened to the friend of those two who registered to watch this thread? I would think she'd know.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:11 AM
well i dunno what this means, but i went to his profile on here and found his AIM screen name. i added him to my buddy list, and he has been online quite a bit, so i take it that means he's home. i dont really wanna IM him, but if someone else wants to, his s/n is in his profile.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:35 AM
His AIM user info is sad

Quote:

My memories are completely gone, there are like maybe 10 people I talk to on here that I know so don't be offended if I ask or anything. Thanks
Hope you are feeling alright and I'm sorry for everything bad that has happend. I miss Kasey
ilhn

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:44 AM
that sucks a whole bunch.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:41 PM

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:01 PM
Alexis wrote:His AIM user info is sad

Quote:

My memories are completely gone, there are like maybe 10 people I talk to on here that I know so don't be offended if I ask or anything. Thanks
Hope you are feeling alright and I'm sorry for everything bad that has happend. I miss Kasey
ilhn

That is very sad, it's hard for me to read things like this because I don't what I would do if I lost my girlfriend. :-(

Hang in there Chris.

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:02 AM
Alex Yingling wrote:
Alexis wrote:His AIM user info is sad

Quote:

ilhn

That is very sad, it's hard for me to read things like this because I don't what I would do if I lost my girlfriend. :-(

Hang in there Chris.

x2

Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:05 PM
It's sad that this is dropping down the page. any updates?

Saturday, March 04, 2006 6:06 PM
kacie was the only one getting updates for us and she's pretty much gone...

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:30 AM
hey guys, im going to email chris' friend sara today and see if i can get any updates.....hopefully i will be able to....

*crosses fingers*

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:35 AM
Thank god you're back

I'm the new cancer.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:13 PM
im trying my best...still waiting on an answer

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:21 PM
bleh....im still waiting on a response, im going to try a few different methods today and see what i can get outta that.....

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:39 PM
I sent Chris the link today to this thread.

He signed online and we chatted a little bit but I felt weird as he didnt see this 14 page thread dedicated to him.

He said he missed his Cavy, and I asked if he wanted to see this thread, he said yes and put up an away message.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:30 PM
hey chris good to hear/see your getting better. you family on here has been behind you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search