Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 13 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Friday, January 27, 2006 11:08 AM
http://www.snponline.com/NEWS1-25/1-25_wovandalism.htm
snponline.com wrote:Memorial to Kilbourne student disappears

By PAMELA WILLIS

Teddy bears stood watch with other stuffed animals at the corner of Bent Tree Boulevard and Snouffer Road, along with comforting angels, crosses and flowers -- even a solar angel, which lit up a crash-site memorial created by friends and family of 16-year-old Kasey Burleson.

Burleson died Nov. 22 from injuries suffered in an automobile accident that occurred at that corner.

All 75 items that made up the memorial are gone today -- stolen between 5:30 and 7 p.m. Friday.

"The kids poured their hearts out for two months, leaving stuffed animals, angels and crosses. My mom had bought the solar angel, which lit up at night," said Marsha Burleson, Kasey's mother. "Kasey's friends also found things at the crash site like Kasey's broken sunglasses and her bracelets. I thought about taking those home, but her friends had put them there, so I left them. Now those are gone, and they are irreplaceable."

Burleson said the memorial had given her comfort when she visited the crash site, knowing how much Kasey was loved, and seeing the memorial grow as more kids visited.

"I was there at 5:30 that night, and everything was still there, but by 7 p.m., when some of the kids got there, everything was gone," Burleson said.

Kasey was a junior at Worthington Kilbourne High School. She was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Chris Shelly, a student at Olentangy Liberty High School, when it went left of center Nov. 22 near the intersection of Bent Tree Boulevard and Snouffer Road, striking another vehicle head-on, according to Columbus police reports.

Shelly currently is recovering at Ohio State University Dodd Hall.

Mrs. Burleson said the memorial even had jars of dill pickles, because Kasey loved them.

"I can't believe someone would do something like that," Mrs. Burleson said. "I go there every night. There had been about 65 to 70 kids at a candlelight vigil at the site soon after the accident, and many candles were still there. Kasey's friends would visit the site, burn the candles and talk to her, then blow them out."

Columbus police did not take a report on the theft.

Betty Schwab, public information officer for Columbus police, said a report would not be taken in such a case.

"Because it was a public area, and the items were not anyone's personal property, then it would be as if a person were evicted, and their belongings were left in the apartment and the owner set them outside the apartment -- it would be like a free-for-all," Schwab said. "Items that are put at a public corner as a memorial can't be said to belong to any one person."

But to Mrs. Burleson and Mark Burleson, Kasey's father, and to Kasey's friends, the theft deepens their grief.

"It is so hurtful for someone to do this," Mrs. Burleson said. "These kids spent their money buying nice things to put at the memorial -- things they thought about, that have meaning to them, to help remember Kasey. It is hard to believe someone could just take everything, when it meant so much to us."

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:40 AM
Thats fu-ked up! Why would someone do that? I don't know what else to even say.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:07 PM
Kraceykat (Kacie Prahl) wrote:^ ^ nicolas smith - he was going 70 in a 45

Wow 70 in a 45? I dont know this kid from adam but I mean come on going 70 on a city street with your girlfriend?

I dont know about you people but I can barely go 51 when my gf is with me.. Maybe thats my maturity?

Sad story hope it works out for the best...

Team Altered Car Club

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:11 PM
Ken96Z wrote:
Kraceykat (Kacie Prahl) wrote:^ ^ nicolas smith - he was going 70 in a 45

Wow 70 in a 45? I dont know this kid from adam but I mean come on going 70 on a city street with your girlfriend?

I dont know about you people but I can barely go 51 when my gf is with me.. Maybe thats my maturity?

Sad story hope it works out for the best...

No offense man, speeding or not, this isn't the place for that sort of comment. Show some respect for the individuals and families involved.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:52 PM
damn man that sucks. people's disrespect and cruelty absolutely amaze me sometimes.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, January 27, 2006 1:25 PM
Ok, speed or not raceing or not someone died. Show some respect and then you can talk about being mature.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, January 27, 2006 1:28 PM
Alright fells no disrespect here. I know this is a horrible thing to happen to ANYONE.

I said I hope everything turns out for the best and I mean it. Just how this whole accident happened could have been prevented thats all

Team Altered Car Club

Friday, January 27, 2006 1:45 PM
That article made me sick, I can't believe that.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Friday, January 27, 2006 1:59 PM
Alexis wrote:That article made me sick, I can't believe that.

x2, im gonna email sara now and see if i can find out more....

why would someone do that? even as a joke, thats not funny at all. some people really are heartless...

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:54 PM
Wow i just found this thread, and its very hard to read. I think I read every page. Makes me think twice about everything in life. My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:07 PM
I can not believe that people would steal from a memorial site. What is the matter with people now a days. It just makes me sick!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:17 AM
sadly enough, thats ohio for ya

Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:02 PM
I don't think the side of the road is a memorial site. We have graveyards, that is what they are for, if you want to build a memorial do it in your own backyard. Public highways do not need to be littered with crosses and such, are they trying to cause another accident? I would not stand beside the road to put one up in the first place because I might get ran over. Why memorialize the place where someone you know got killed?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:09 PM
giovanhalen wrote:I don't think the side of the road is a memorial site. We have graveyards, that is what they are for, if you want to build a memorial do it in your own backyard. Public highways do not need to be littered with crosses and such, are they trying to cause another accident? I would not stand beside the road to put one up in the first place because I might get ran over. Why memorialize the place where someone you know got killed?

lincoln theater is an example of one. regardless of it being a president, hes still a person.

911 grounds in NY are another example.

granted they are on a larger scale, in almost any significant city or town in america, there are places where people are murdered and the area is made into a memorial.

granted it sucks what happened, thats the crappy side of public areas...

Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:34 PM
Yes, but the Lincoln theatre isn't 10 feet from 75 mph traffic like alot of the crosses,flowers,dolls, etc. I have seen.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:04 PM
i was taught- "if you cant say something nice, dont say nothing at all"

this tread has been touched with disrespect a few times. it finally straightened up then more come on here and start again.

giovanhalen, Ken96Z if yall want to complain start another thread. if you read the entire post then youd understand this isnt called for. their family and friends read this and yall are showing disrespect. was speed a factor yes now drop it. one passed away, another is on rehab and now the memorial items were stolen, show some damn respect or dont say anything on this topic.

this news is sad, what kind of prank is one where you go steal memorial items? these families have had enough to deal with and know this. let him know MOST of us are hoping to hear from him someday on here.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:41 PM
I highly doubt they'll find the people, but I hope they do. that's just sick.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:35 PM
giovanhalen wrote:Yes, but the Lincoln theatre isn't 10 feet from 75 mph traffic like alot of the crosses,flowers,dolls, etc. I have seen.

dont know what you have against having a memorial, but 3 simple things.

1) Plenty of cemetaries are made right beside highways, some of them being major ones.

2) the speed limit in the area was 45 if i remember the mid of this thread, also retouched at the top of this page....not 75mph.

and

3) its a memorial. doesnt matter where it is in location. people should show respect. and no excuses on "people get distracted" if something like that distracts you THAT much, you prob should be driving. cause then cows, billboards, etc will all distract you to the same degree. nuff said.

like said, def sucks the latest news wasnt good news from this ordeal.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:11 PM
that is such a s_hitty thing for someone to do... is wrong with people that they have to steal a memorial...i am very upset about that and i dont know these two young peole but some how feel connected cause of family in that area..i hope someone finds those idiots.....

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:32 PM
Any updates??

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:33 PM
this is just sad, y would ppl want to do such a horrible thing! its a memorial site, ppl should have respect..... i hope they find the ppl that took the stuff, stupied f*$#k3rs!!

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:37 PM
Wow, that article is just terrible!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:47 PM
Alexis wrote:That article made me sick, I can't believe that.

agreed. there's just no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:47 AM
so does anyone know how chris is doing??

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:40 AM
i swear to god if anyone EVER did anything like that to the memorials we have set up for my girlfriend who passed away this past october, I'd go on a rampage unlike anything the world has ever seen. That is so disrespectful to not only the person who died, but her friends and family, because those places help to comfort the survivors. It makes me sick to know that people in this world are so cold.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search