Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:21 AM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:man thats hard to swallow. got goosebumps down my arms and my eyes watered up. that just sucks. no other way to put it. any new word on how chris is doing?

I couldnt even read the myspace comments that were left of Kasey's myspace page, they were to much for me. This is just horrible to deal with , i pray for the families , friends, and everyone else. Come on Chris, you can pull through !

Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:51 AM
Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:51 PM
anyone know new information on his condition yet?

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:31 PM
Wow...

This has honestly encouraged me to buckle up every time.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:03 PM
this is terrible. i hope he pulls through . my prayers are with you and both familys.
hang in there and pull through this.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:05 PM
ok i have to put my 2 cents in here on seat belts.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:15 PM
it appers from the photos that the passanger was in fact wearing a seat belt at the time you can see it strung across the seat in one of the photos. im sorry i just wanted to post this info. im sorry i think like an insurance adjuster

Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:48 PM
This is an incredibly sad story, reading all of this was pretty overwhelming. I don’t even know what else I can say that hasn’t already been said.

Chris - Hang in there bro, everyone makes mistakes.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:44 PM
Jcavi wrote:can someone peice this together for me it looks as though he swereved across the road hit a car and was transported to a hospital where he later died?

this is depressing does any one know why he swereved?
JCavi...The driver (Chris Shelly) is still alive, but in the hospital in critical/serious condition. The passenger, his girlfriend Kasey Burleson, died in the hospital.

Don't read the rest of this post unless you want a graphic, forensic (however theoretical) breakdown of the accident!! I am not writing this to bash anyone or say that any particular person was at fault. I am writing this as a hypothesis of what happened based on the facts presented.

Best I can figure based on the pictures, the damage to the car and the reports of what happened (occupants ejected from vehicle, etc) is this:

The driver somehow lost control of the car, causing him to swerve across the lanes and spin clockwise across the median and oncoming traffic lanes. In this spin, the driver's rear quarter panel spun into the path of, and was hit by, the Contour. This impact and sudden change of direction is what ejected the driver and passenger from the vehicle through the driver's side, judging from the extreme outward bend of the driver's side door. The displaced driver's seat would lead you to believe that the passenger contacted the seat on the way across the car. At least one of the occupants of the Cavalier struck the windsheild of the Contour, judging from the extensive damage to the windshield and broken A-pillar molding on the driver's side of that vehicle. After the collision the cavalier reversed it's spin and continued it's forward motion to wind up in the median some distance past the initial point of impact.

That is about as detailed and graphic as we're going to get without asking God himself unless there was a security camera rolling nearby.

Sadly, the most important lesson to be learned from this is that the difference between "so glad to hear you're OK" and "let's start a fundraiser for flowers for someone's funeral" is the click of a seatbelt. I hope this serves as a powerful lesson for anyone that reads it.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:21 PM
This is by far the most terrible thing i have encountered. 3 years ago there were a string of deaths in my town. First one was tony defranco. he died along with a passenger and two others in the gtp survived. They were all on coke and they were going down a road we like to call roller-coaster road in speeds of excess of 100mph. Another tray funk the 3rd on randall road in the winter after a heavy salting in his 350z passed someone in the left lane going around the person in the right lane. At approximately 45mph he down-shifted to 2nd gear and accelerated hard and broke the rear end loose. Losing control of the 350 at about 50mph spun out into the next lane and hit head on with a jeep. (Dec. 17, 2003 RIP my friend ) Then finally recently my friend joon was in a jeep driving down the highway with a couple of friends in the car. Kids in the back were lighting fireworks from the car (dumb yes very). one prematurely went off in the vehicle and joon lost control of the vehicle and hit another car head on. Joon was immediately ejected from the jeep and died.

I walk away from all of this in the past couple of years very sad. To many of my bro's died from car accidents. Too many have died young. Being only 19 i personally have seen death and its never that far away. So the next time you decide on that Friday night its time to go F*ck around on the streets think again. If not for yourself but for others around you cause in that split second that it takes you to decide whether your gonna drive sane that night or to get crazy you could be deciding the fate of someones gf, your sister, your mom, your dad, etc... Please buckle up and be careful. You wanna go fast go to the track. If you wanna get stupid please do it in a secluded area by yourself what your doing isn't fair to others.

RIP Kasey Burleson. Your in everyones thoughts and prayers.
Chris Shelly please be strong strive for life its worth it. Im very sorry for your loss i feel for you.

Everyone i think that this post should be shown to everyone i think that you should link it in your sigs. Every jbody member should see this and post. I dont think that this post should be locked. Should be archived and kept forever. In loving memory of Kasey.

PEACE!

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, November 27, 2005 12:04 AM
this is so sad.. I hope he pulls through, too lose 2 young lives is so tragic

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, November 27, 2005 1:57 PM
terrible i would not be able to live with myself if i pulled threw. his life is going to be very diffacult.
whats the girls myspace link????

Sunday, November 27, 2005 2:09 PM
nvm i found both of there myspace's. that was so hard to read that girls myspace comments. one girl said she ahd been crying for hours and they were supposed to go to college together. so terrible i am a senior in highschool and i can not imange not getting that chance for my future and now she wont go to college and ahve a future. i ahve lost a lot of people close and this is probably one of the saddest things i have seen on here. @!#$ like this is just @!#$ up. i have lost my mother, and her sister my aunt. my aunt died 6 weeks after she was diagnosed from cancer and my mother 4 months. There parents(my grandparnets) had to bury both of there daughters. its a @!#$ty feeling, and i kinda know what its like i guess RIP.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:39 PM
Ok i don't want to get flamed here or something but i know a couple ppl from around there that know him and they say they think he may have been streetracing. This is from cell phone conversations i guess. I don't know if this is true or not! I hope to god he wasn't racing for he could get tried for vehicular manslaughter. Sorry i can't give out names of who told me this. I promised

-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Buick Regal ..........
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/wayslowregal
Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:47 PM
Adam Radford wrote:nvm i found both of there myspace's. that was so hard to read that girls myspace comments. one girl said she ahd been crying for hours and they were supposed to go to college together. so terrible i am a senior in highschool and i can not imange not getting that chance for my future and now she wont go to college and ahve a future. i ahve lost a lot of people close and this is probably one of the saddest things i have seen on here. @!#$ like this is just @!#$ up. i have lost my mother, and her sister my aunt. my aunt died 6 weeks after she was diagnosed from cancer and my mother 4 months. There parents(my grandparnets) had to bury both of there daughters. its a @!#$ty feeling, and i kinda know what its like i guess RIP.

can u link kaseys myspace? i cant seem to find it....

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:55 PM
well if you want exactly what happened without waiting for chris to have internet access once he recovers you may want to contact *aShLeY* off Kaseys profile

Quote:

But I was right there hun...i was right along side of u during the crash n u were on the pavement!!...i saw the WHOLE thing sweetie and i will never forget it...i will NEVER 4get the angel i saw lying there. When the medics took u my heart sank.

seems she may be the only one to confirm what happened, instead of just assumptions.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:19 PM
I am sorry for high jacking this thread but up here in mercer and van wert countys in ohio they had alot more of young drivers died up here from the car wrecks and 18yrs and 16 yrs old isnt what is compared up here last year a 15 year girl from mendon ohio that died in a car wreck like this and the young girl who died from the wreck was my little sisters best friend and she didnt even live to see her 16th birthday and like i said there was probley 5 kids from my school that i went to and what is sad is that I know all the 5 kids who died from the each car wreck up here in mercer and van wert countys in ohio and you guys probley think im stupid for writing this but its important all of us FASTEN are SEAT BELTS
Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:23 PM
nvm, i found it.....

wow i dont even know these two people and i am like crying.

i cant even find the right words to express how i feel.

after reading all the comments on their myspace accounts, i still cannot believe something like this has happened. I have definatley taken another look at my life and will live each day like its my last.

even though i have never talked to you, i hope that you pull thorugh this chris. i am soooo sorry about kasey and just want you to know that she is in heaven watching down on you. it sounded like you two were very happy and she loved you very much.

I hope you get to read all of these posts on here.....everyone is praying for you and everyone knows that you can pull through this. be strong and hang in there~!

may Kasey Burleson rest in peace. <3

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Monday, November 28, 2005 7:45 AM
R.I.P...Kasey Nicole Burleson.

Chris S...it will get better bro...my thoughts and prayers are with the both of you, if you ever need nething let me know...
Monday, November 28, 2005 8:12 AM
This is just really sad, def. one of the saddest things I've read in a long time. All I can say is that you better pull through bro, your in my prayers. Hang in there

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:22 AM
Wow.....

I don't even know these people and it feels like I just lost a close friend. Seems that they were really liked by their peers and will be missed.

I just wish people were more aware of the dangers of not buckling your seatbelt. The families of both are in my prayers and they will never be forgotten.

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:54 AM
Heather - anghellic wrote:well if you want exactly what happened without waiting for chris to have internet access once he recovers you may want to contact *aShLeY* off Kaseys profile

Quote:

But I was right there hun...i was right along side of u during the crash n u were on the pavement!!...i saw the WHOLE thing sweetie and i will never forget it...i will NEVER 4get the angel i saw lying there. When the medics took u my heart sank.

seems she may be the only one to confirm what happened, instead of just assumptions.

damn, that hit a tear

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 28, 2005 12:01 PM
this brings back really bad memoies of my friends. in 03 I lost 2 of my best friends in the same week.

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:19 PM
any update on chris yet...anyone contacted that girl or the hospital?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 28, 2005 12:46 PM
I added her to my buddy list... and am waiting for her to sign on and see if I can find anything out, and let her know there's a whole community of JBO'ers who care

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search