Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 5 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:40 PM
Sarah> You are more than welcome on this site. As you've probably noticed, this tradgedy has touched all of us. Glad you signed up and let us know what the status was! Feel free to stick around if you'd like, and just know that our thoughts and prayers are with Chris and his family and friends, and Kasey and her family and friends.

Again, Welcome and thank you!... and hang in there

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:29 PM
This has been crossposted to V6Z24.com as well as oldspower.com

The more prayer, the better right?

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:47 PM
Sarah Staum wrote:

First off, thanks for all the prayers I really think they are working!!

There is a little cross with all these candles on bent tree if anyone who lives in our area would like to see where it happened.

instead of flowers, the burlesons want donations to lifeline of ohio, KASEY SAVED 6 LIVES WITH HER ORGANS/TISSUES!!!!!!!

just joined to keep you guys in the loop, hope thats okay.

-Sarah!

Hey sarah, thanks for joining the org and giving all the updates. It is so hard to read all of this and I really do hope that everyone can continue to be strong and can continue praying for both families. I know ive said this a few times already, but I am so sorry that this has happened. I feel like ive known kasey and chris for years after reading everything. They both sound like amazing people. I tear up every single time I go to their myspace accounts and make it a daily thing to check the status on chris. I have really taken a step back and look at my life in a totally different way now. I pray for all of chris' and kaseys friends and family and hope that everyone pulls through this as best as they can in this type of situation.

I think it is amazing that kasey saved 6 lives! She truly sounded like such a sweethart and a great person to be around. Im sure she is watching down on chris and all of her friends and family. I know she will make chris pull through this. Angels really do exist and kasey is one of them.

Keep coming back sarah, you are more than welcome anytime!

RIP Kasey Burleson

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:52 PM
I guess no one cares about the thousands of other people that are killed by idiots like this? I feel sorry for Kasey and her family, and the driver of the other car, but I have no sympathy for Chris and I hope he is prosecuted if he lives.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:54 PM
I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I could have sworn I saw something on tv saying "In loving memory of Kasey Burleson" or "dedicate to"

I dont remember what it was from either....damm i wish i remembered

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Monday, November 28, 2005 11:03 PM
Alexis wrote:I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I could have sworn I saw something on tv saying "In loving memory of Kasey Burleson" or "dedicate to"

You know people make mistakes and if he makes it I think he will be punished enough having to live with the fact that he killed his first love, and never got to say good bye, think about it.

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:16 PM
Regardless of how stupid it may have been, it was still something that led to an "accident". It's not like he did it on purpose. Everyone at one time or another has disobeyed the speed limit.

Please don't start with any arguements in here, its bad enough that something so tragic is the ONLY thing that is bringing this many of the members together. How many threads have you seen that are 5 pages long without fighting or flaming? Let's keep this drama free.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page | HELP US DECIDE!
Monday, November 28, 2005 11:27 PM
Scout62 wrote:I guess no one cares about the thousands of other people that are killed by idiots like this? I feel sorry for Kasey and her family, and the driver of the other car, but I have no sympathy for Chris and I hope he is prosecuted if he lives.
you can keep your comments to yourself from here on out mmkay !! a person has died and another is in serious condition, regardless of his actions you dont need to be a prick!!!!!

and im sorry for the missunderstanding i must have taken the message i got wrong i appologize for that , but you are more then welcome to stay we all appreciate you giving us an update on his condition

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:40 PM
Ashley Becker wrote:
Alexis wrote:I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I could have sworn I saw something on tv saying "In loving memory of Kasey Burleson" or "dedicate to"

You know people make mistakes and if he makes it I think he will be punished enough having to live with the fact that he killed his first love, and never got to say good bye, think about it.

Ashley....did you quote the right person?

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:13 AM

hope he pulls threw

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:33 AM
Hmm, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion except me? Funny how you all post for these people but don't seem to care about anyone else getting killed or hurt in accidents. It's just like when some high profile person's kid comes up missing and it's all over the news.....how come they don't run stories all over the nation about the 100s of other kids that went missing that day?

Go ahead, hope he gets better. The next time he's out doing something intentionally illegal I hope he hits one of you or someone in your family. I bet you'd have a different opinion then.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:36 AM
Scout62 wrote:I guess no one cares about the thousands of other people that are killed by idiots like this? I feel sorry for Kasey and her family, and the driver of the other car, but I have no sympathy for Chris and I hope he is prosecuted if he lives.

For the sake of his family, I hope he lives through this with only emotional scars, but I share your sentiments.

It appears he killed a 16 year old girl, and he could very easily have taken others. Of course it was an accident, but unless something broke on his car it was entirely preventable and by all accounts there was negligence, possibly criminal involved.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:40 AM
Scout62 wrote:Hmm, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion except me? Funny how you all post for these people but don't seem to care about anyone else getting killed or hurt in accidents. It's just like when some high profile person's kid comes up missing and it's all over the news.....how come they don't run stories all over the nation about the 100s of other kids that went missing that day?

Go ahead, hope he gets better. The next time he's out doing something intentionally illegal I hope he hits one of you or someone in your family. I bet you'd have a different opinion then.

You can have your own opinion but when you have no sympathy for a kid that got threw out a car, almost died, had his gf die, and is stuck in ICU... thats what I have a problem with.

If you were in a car wreck, even if it was ur fault and you were being stupid I am sure you would want someone to care.

Like Heather said, lets try to keep this peaceful so this is all I'm sayin on this part of this thread.

-Seth

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:50 AM
my 22 year old sister lost her fiance 3 months before the wedding. he was awake really early winter morning after doing his commercial plowing runs. after that he was on his way to his dry-walling job site when he fell asleep and in a perfectly straight line, drove off the road in his 3/4 ton Pickup and hit a tree. He spent 3 weeks in the hospital fighting an infection until it slowly killed him, one limb at a time. Him and I were so close... I have pictures of us two washing his Camaro together...I viewed him as a brother. The men in the wedding party turned out to be the paulbearers in his funeral instead. The hardest thing I have EVER had to do is watch my sister go through that experience. The only thing comparably hard was walking his casket down the church aisle and burying him after the funeral.

Chris, if you ever read this, please take my advice. I've watched my sister go through it... she blamed herself a million times over. I heard "if i would have done this differently then..." or "I should have just...." a million times from my sister and it didn't solve a single thing... but let me tell you this... What happened cannot be changed. It's done now. Accidents happen and if you beat yourself up about it nothing good will come. It may seem impossible now, but you have to let it go. Every day of my sisters life she thinks about Adam and she loves him just the same now as she did then. It's been 10 months now and she is doing great! She is graduating from college in a month, has a good job and will only get a better one once she gets this degree. Sure, she misses him, and there is a void there... but she has learned to cope with it. And you, too, will be okay. It's just going to be hard for awhile.

My prayers are with you and the family and friends involved. Take care of yourself. We're all here if you need us.

==================

"An okay movie is the same as an ex girlfriend...it was good at the time,
but you never want to see it again... especially if the movie was a bitch."
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:51 AM
wizkiddrummer wrote:If you were in a car wreck, even if it was ur fault and you were being stupid I am sure you would want someone to care.

-Seth

If I were dumb enough to do such a thing I would expect no one to take pity on me and if anyone did I wouldn't understand why.

Chris is only human and humans make mistakes, but that doesn't mean everything should be forgiven just because he got hurt. As far as him losing his g/f is concerned, if he loved her or cared for her at all he wouldn't have been driving like that with her in the car.

It just seems to me that people are glorifing this kid just because he drives a cav. Do you people not understand that he chose to drive like a moron and many lives including his own are shattered because of it?

I'm supposed to have sympathy for him because he survived a crash that he could have prevented?

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:07 AM
Scout62 wrote:Hmm, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion except me? Funny how you all post for these people but don't seem to care about anyone else getting killed or hurt in accidents. It's just like when some high profile person's kid comes up missing and it's all over the news.....how come they don't run stories all over the nation about the 100s of other kids that went missing that day?

Your better off just not postin in this thread man.........

God bless - chris and whoever else was involved with this situation.....I shed a tear just reading through these post and the website his parents made...They'll definatly be in my prayer...may god help everyone involved in this tragedy

www.teamexoticimage.com / myspace.com/02on19s

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:07 AM
how do you know he could have prevented it? maybe he lost control of the car and couldn't recover it in time? you have no idea what happened, and neither do none of us. the only people that know exactly what happened were chris and kasey, and the people in the other car......

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:02 AM
Scout62 wrote:
wizkiddrummer wrote:If you were in a car wreck, even if it was ur fault and you were being stupid I am sure you would want someone to care.

-Seth

If I were dumb enough to do such a thing I would expect no one to take pity on me and if anyone did I wouldn't understand why.

Chris is only human and humans make mistakes, but that doesn't mean everything should be forgiven just because he got hurt. As far as him losing his g/f is concerned, if he loved her or cared for her at all he wouldn't have been driving like that with her in the car.

It just seems to me that people are glorifing this kid just because he drives a cav. Do you people not understand that he chose to drive like a moron and many lives including his own are shattered because of it?

I'm supposed to have sympathy for him because he survived a crash that he could have prevented?

i think someone should delete this @!#$s posts.....he is an insensitive prick that seems to have no heart ... who the hell are you to say that someone should be forgiven or not.....you dont know who is to blame. you werent there, you dont even know this poor kid. you would think that after something like this has happened to someone, that people would open up and start caring about each other, not be rude and hateful. i apologize about my language everyone, but this really makes me angry. this is been a very eye opening, life changing thing for a lot of people, including kasey and chris' families and friends. i really dont see why ANYONE would post something like this unless they are just trying to be an a$$ and trying to be the center of attention. yes you have your opinion, but sometimes, especially in times like this, your negative thoughts are better left unsaid.

chris if you get to read this, do not listen to this bastard. everyone will have their opinions and only you know what happened that night, and you along with everyone else, knows that it was not on purpose. it was an ACCIDENT and im sure if you had the chance to speak with kasey again, she would see it just the same. even though i didnt know her, i bet that she would tell you that it was an accident and wouldnt blame you at all. she loved you and always will from what i can tell. yes, this is a very unfortunate experience that you have had to go through, but do not beat yourself up over it. cherish every single moment that you had with her, good and bad, and remember as much as you can. she will always be looking down on you and will be watching over you for eternity.

Rest in peace Kasey and Chris be strong no matter what. hang in there

just my 2c

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:34 AM
Scout62 wrote:

-Seth

First I wanna say, I'm praying for the familes and friends of this tragedy

But Honestly, I'm not here to start any flame war, not here to bad-mouth a soul, but like Scout is saying, why is it, if JBO member gets killed doing wrong(don't know if he was or not, but just from theories he was)JBO condones it and tells him it's alright it was just an accident, but if a JBO member gets killed by SOMEONE else doing wrong, the other person is suppose to burn in hell? I'm just curious that's all.

Experience is something you get after you need it.

Chuck Norris Can Set Ants On Fire With An Magnifying Glass..........At Night
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:55 AM
We're all supposed to be like one big family here, right? Picture Chris as your brother... even if he did wrong wouldn't you want him to pull through. If someone else did wrong an he was hurt, wouldn't you want him to pull through, and the other person be punished?

Either way right now we're praying for his recovery, he'll face the consequences of his actions later, because his gf passing away and himself being in serious condition isn't enough obviously for you guys remember he'll also have to deal with finding that out and most likely deal with the law if it was something dealing with wreckless driving.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page | HELP US DECIDE!
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:19 AM
Quote:

We're all supposed to be like one big family here, right? Picture Chris as your brother... even if he did wrong wouldn't you want him to pull through. If someone else did wrong an he was hurt, wouldn't you want him to pull through, and the other person be punished?

As I see it he should pull through, get persecuted with the full force of the law, and do what needs to be done. They both should have been wearing seatbelts and I'm wondering what could've distracted him so much that he was on the other side of the road. I may be a bad "brother" but that's what I'd do to my own family. Ask them what they were thinking and smack them upside their head, then hold them until they get better.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:25 AM
my thoughts and prayers go out to chris and everyone involved in this tragidity.

I dont think any of us fathom how fragile human life is we are all put here on this earth for a reason to "change people lives" if you will either in a big or small way. Everything happens for a reason a lot of them like this we cant explain or begin to understand why This accident has touch the whole board and many of us have never even met Chris or Kasey. It shows that life is short, today your here laughing like you dont have a care in the world making plans for the next day or week and the next day doesnt come it hits home for all of us. you have to make the most out of this life while your here cause you never know when your not going to be live life one day at a time "seize the day" (carpe diem)

Chris just remember you have everyone on here to lean on you suffered a great loss time does heal all wounds dont blame yourself just know that she didnt suffer and she would want you to go on living your life. it might not seem like it now but this will make you stronger throught the rest of your life.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 05
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:04 AM

I was waiting for someone to talk out of their ass on this situation...

I can understand where you are coming from with your comments (I thought the same thing after I read Nikki's chat with "FRIEND") but in all fairness now isn't the time. Chris needs to work on recovering so that he can get better and face the consequences of his actions whether it's criminally or emotionally (because there will be). At the moment, I think everyone should hold judgment until the full story comes out. I don't know if an official police report has come out stating this gentlemen was driving 25 mph over the posted speed limit.

If he was going 70, then there's no excuse for his actions but I say before you villify this guy, wait until he's fully recovered and let him tell us his story, if he chooses to tell it because there are only 3 entities that truly know what happened and that's Chris, Kasey (r.i.p.) and of course God.

By the way, I do speak of experience because I have had families member that were taken off this planet in a similiar manner so I'm not putting this guy on a pedistal or protecting him because he drove a Cavalier, I'm just asking to give this gentlemen a break. If he survives, he will have a lot of questions and people to answer to, I just don't think this is the time to question his driving ability for we don't know exactly what happened yet.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:05 AM
Save everyone pages of unnecessary bickering by not responding to ignorant posts such as the above.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:34 AM
Okay, heres another update I was reading through the recent posts and thought I'd let you guys know...

I went to see where it happened and there was an older man sitting by Kaseys cross on the side of the road, I went to see if he was okay. Turns out, he was walking his dog and saw the whole thing happen. Chris was speeding, but the guy didnt think he was racing. Heres the story he gave me. he heard Chris coming and said he was going fast. He was watching, as Chris was in the far right hand lane of the road, traveling north, its a four lane with a turn thing in the middle, as he was coming around the bend, he had to pass a car. He got over to the next lane and the guy said it looked like he just lost control. Knowing Chris, I know he wasnt a big racer and usually didnt speed. I have been told he only drove crazy when him and Kasey were fighting, so put two and two together and he may not have been paying as closeof attention as he should have been because he may have been yelling or maybe she was yelling, or who knows if thats what happened. Just the theory of those who knew them.

Kaseys parents arent pressing charges or anything of the sort. They had been together awhile and the families are really close.

To all who hope he gets prosecuted-- worry about that when we know for sure hes going to pull through. With the condition hes in, the doctors say he could take a turn at anytime. Now, I'm not saying Chris is innocent and I'm not saying I want him in trouble. I'm only saying wait until we know hes going to make it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search