Sad to say this...good bye org (my farewell post) - Page 4 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Sad to say this...good bye org (my farewell po
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:17 AM
you know i feel the same way about this place and i was gonna leave too like i pm'ed you about 2 weeks ago. the only reason i just renewed my premium membership yesterday is to just support the site. the site is just going down hill quick.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:34 AM
Adam it sucks to see you go. You were always one of the ones whose posts I looked forward to reading. Now that I wont see them anymore it kind of bums me out.

I do understand why you are leaving as I feel the same way, but I also dont agree that the JBO is a hopeless cause. You leaving is going to be a major hit in getting this forum the way it should be as I see you as one that could help to bring about change.

Keep in touch with myspace bud.

Seeya around.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:45 AM
Quote:

Adam it sucks to see you go. You were always one of the ones whose posts I looked forward to reading. Now that I wont see them anymore it kind of bums me out.

Words just came right out of my mouth....I was wondering where you went...Seeing
you leave, Z2Flip4, Grilld, and Me, makes me feel kind of comfortable about not wanting
to be around this forum anymore. You always inspired me with the car I had... and will always be one of the best writers out there (in my opinion). I will miss you bro, I really
would have no point in going to another forum related to gm or whatever because of
the new car I got..But I may pop in/out every once in a while to see posts from you.
Take care of NJHK Jr. and yourself...cya bro.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:03 AM
*Stands up and starts a slow clap

You were the first person to give me helpful newbie advice. Wich in turn made me realize that there is no use in arguing with the childish that goes on around here.
My main goal is to help people with their questions if possible, and if i dont know what im talking about, then I keep my mouth shut. Same goes for you, and i commend you!

Good luck friend!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:41 AM
It's sad to see you go. You've been one of the most helpful people on the org. Instead of saying "search" or making fun of people you'd usually include a link or give a well written reason for why they shouldn't do something. You've tolerated the newbies more than anyone else here and I know how you feel about some of the vets just turning into jerks. Good luck with whatever you do, I'm gonna miss yah.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:12 AM
adam.......... your black

sorry one last time for good measure

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:39 AM
Fallen Angel wrote:
Just saying "search" doesn't help anyone. Actually, one of the rules on the Scion site I just joined a few days ago actually states that if someone asks a question that's already been answered 10000000 times, to NOT just tell them to search. To politely tell them to search, while finding the info they were looking for and how they found it in the search to help them out... actually being helpful.

Rules from TSN (Turbo Saturn) Newbie section:

Titan (Admin) wrote:Ok. I'm tired of seeing the newbie section posts being locked. So here are some new rules to live by if you decide to post in the newbie section.

#1 DON'T TELL NEWBIES TO SEARCH. Simply put there are way too many people doing this. Help the new members out by posting links or offer suggestions.

#2 This is a newbie section if you have nothing constructive to post that DON'T POST.

#3 This is NOT a place to make fun of new members. We are all here to learn and we all knew very little about Saturns at one time.

#4 If you don't play by the rules your posts will be DELETED and you will be BANNED without notice. I'm tired of this behavior and it looks like it is going to take drastic measures to stop it.

This is your warning.

This site needs to memorize that IMO...

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:47 AM
Roughed In wrote:
Fallen Angel wrote:
Just saying "search" doesn't help anyone. Actually, one of the rules on the Scion site I just joined a few days ago actually states that if someone asks a question that's already been answered 10000000 times, to NOT just tell them to search. To politely tell them to search, while finding the info they were looking for and how they found it in the search to help them out... actually being helpful.

Rules from TSN (Turbo Saturn) Newbie section:

Titan (Admin) wrote:Ok. I'm tired of seeing the newbie section posts being locked. So here are some new rules to live by if you decide to post in the newbie section.

#1 DON'T TELL NEWBIES TO SEARCH. Simply put there are way too many people doing this. Help the new members out by posting links or offer suggestions.

#2 This is a newbie section if you have nothing constructive to post that DON'T POST.

#3 This is NOT a place to make fun of new members. We are all here to learn and we all knew very little about Saturns at one time.

#4 If you don't play by the rules your posts will be DELETED and you will be BANNED without notice. I'm tired of this behavior and it looks like it is going to take drastic measures to stop it.

This is your warning.

This site needs to memorize that IMO...

Those are actually some pretty good rules!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:50 AM
Jcavi wrote:adam.......... your black

sorry one last time for good measure

hilarious!
adam you will be missed my friend
good luck with everything

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:53 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I have seen to much misinformation coming from you and worse part that misinformation was spilled on to the newbs. In other words, breeding ignorance.
Well, now it looks like it is gonna end.
And ofcourse nothing personal, just observation of you.
Best of luck with you and your future.

glad to see that there WERE others who saw this....

darn, we lose someone who rarely did anything but point out the obvious, or anything else that could easily be found if people just learned how to use a search engine.

sorry, but anyone who can't install an intake with his own two hands has no business giving advice to ANYONE on ANYTHING to do with cars.

anyone who looks up to adam, or thinks that he knows his stuff, i feel pretty bad for you....

Have fun over on ecotecforums, or ecopower, wherever you choose to go next and talk out your ass about performance concepts that you don't even understand to a whole new group of newbs...

To the others bitching about the attitudes and unhelpfulness to newbs.... please... No one here has any problem helping someone who asks a legitimate question, one that hasn't been covered 100 times in previous posts, or if they need clarification on something they don't understand.... But everyone complains about the post limit, which is supposedly due to bandwidth... wanna know how much bandwidth would probably be saved by eliminating ridiculous postings like "CAI vs WAI"?

Its like back in school... when you had a question on an open book test, did your teacher just tell you the answer? No, they told you to look in the book..... WHY? Because the answer to your one question is far less valuable than helping you find the ability to find it for yourself. 99.9% of the new posts made here could be solved by either searching the forum itself, or using a search engine. The point of forums isn't to recycle the same useless information a million times, its to discuss new/unknown topics.... Once the topic has been discussed, unless something new about it comes up, there shouldn't be a need to involve everyone again.

Example... someone posted a question about the flow ratings of H22 injectors and whether they were high or low impedance..... within 10 SECONDS i went on google, typed in "H22 injector flow rate" and found over a 100 sites with injector flow charts with the information needed.... Now, had this person asked if they would fit a jbody fuel rail, or if anyone had used them before, that would be a different story entirely.

Personally, I'd rather have all the whiners and wanna-be answer-men like adam leave, and be sitting here with 20 members on the forum who actually have something useful to contribute then to have 20,000 members who just ask the same retarded questions 100 times. Frankly, the only reason people get pissed about being told to search is because they're lazy. And those people on this forum who have busted their asses to make their cars into something generally don't appreciate people coming out and asking to be spoonfed basic information that can easily be found with just a little effort.

So in the end, goodbye Adam, and good riddance...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:07 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:

To the others bitching about the attitudes and unhelpfulness to newbs.... please... No one here has any problem helping someone who asks a legitimate question, one that hasn't been covered 100 times in previous posts, or if they need clarification on something they don't understand.... But everyone complains about the post limit, which is supposedly due to bandwidth... wanna know how much bandwidth would probably be saved by eliminating ridiculous postings like "CAI vs WAI"?

It's not about the attitudes to JUST the newbs! I've been here for years and get the same attitude and disrespect from so many people. It's sad. Alot of people on here think their the @!#$, and their really not! I gave up caring what people think a long time ago, but the smart ass comments and putting others down, not just newbs is out of control!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:09 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I have seen to much misinformation coming from you and worse part that misinformation was spilled on to the newbs. In other words, breeding ignorance.
Well, now it looks like it is gonna end.
And ofcourse nothing personal, just observation of you.
Best of luck with you and your future.

glad to see that there WERE others who saw this....

darn, we lose someone who rarely did anything but point out the obvious, or anything else that could easily be found if people just learned how to use a search engine.

sorry, but anyone who can't install an intake with his own two hands has no business giving advice to ANYONE on ANYTHING to do with cars.

anyone who looks up to adam, or thinks that he knows his stuff, i feel pretty bad for you....

Have fun over on ecotecforums, or ecopower, wherever you choose to go next and talk out your ass about performance concepts that you don't even understand to a whole new group of newbs...

Its like back in school... when you had a question on an open book test, did your teacher just tell you the answer? No, they told you to look in the book..... WHY? Because the answer to your one question is far less valuable than helping you find the ability to find it for yourself. 99.9% of the new posts made here could be solved by either searching the forum itself, or using a search engine. The point of forums isn't to recycle the same useless information a million times, its to discuss new/unknown topics.... Once the topic has been discussed, unless something new about it comes up, there shouldn't be a need to involve everyone again.

Example... someone posted a question about the flow ratings of H22 injectors and whether they were high or low impedance..... within 10 SECONDS i went on google, typed in "H22 injector flow rate" and found over a 100 sites with injector flow charts with the information needed.... Now, had this person asked if they would fit a jbody fuel rail, or if anyone had used them before, that would be a different story entirely.

Personally, I'd rather have all the whiners and wanna-be answer-men like adam leave, and be sitting here with 20 members on the forum who actually have something useful to contribute then to have 20,000 members who just ask the same retarded questions 100 times. Frankly, the only reason people get pissed about being told to search is because they're lazy. And those people on this forum who have busted their asses to make their cars into something generally don't appreciate people coming out and asking to be spoonfed basic information that can easily be found with just a little effort.

So in the end, goodbye Adam, and good riddance...

Perfect example of why I am leaving here.

Also, I know more than you think or care to know but thanks once again for the response.

I know you'll miss me the most you big care bear you...*smooches*

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:40 AM
i say ignore the negativity and help. leaving the site because their are a few @!#$s just means the ratio of helpers to @!#$s changes. if you just ingore the @!#$s there really isnt any issues. i only care what my friends think about me so i could care less about some asshat that thinks hes cool or better then me. people spend to much time paying attention to the bad things that go on and not enough time on the good things.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:09 AM
The actual "newbie question/search" rule from the scionlife site:

Quote:

4. I promise to use the SEARCH feature before I post new questions.
-Do NOT tell people to search, help them perform a useful search instead.
-How To, DYI and Tech section can be found on the Main Menu under Feature

Personally, if I just joined a website to learn more information on my car and a bunch of people got ignorant and just said "search"... I wouldnt feel very welcome. If I was a newb on a site and was treated the way a lot of newbs are treated here, I'd leave, and probably try to find my own info elsewhere, and would probably get the wrong info... etc.

Perfect example. When I joined the Scion site, I seen a post stickied for people who are going to get or have gotten their new tC's. But, I also seen some "hello" posts below by people that were not locked, so I made my post there. I said hello and I did have a question to ask. The tC's have a "drive by wire" system in place, instead of the cable system many cars use... so the gas pedal seems really touchy and seems to "lunge" every now and then. I read the facts and commonly asked questions, and it mentioned the drive by wire system, but not that it could cause that and that it's just hte way the system is, or wasn't entirely clear. So instead of just saying "search", within no time 2 people had posted welcoming me and explaining that theirs does that too at times, and that it's the way the system is set up, and pointed me in the right direction.

All of us have had a point in time where we didn't know jack about our cars. Heck I just now found out that I have 3 free oil changes waiting for me to use...

I understand if there's a sticky titled right above the forum with the info they need or want to know about their cars telling them to search or to look above at the sticky... but the search function isn't perfect either. There's been an occasion I've searched for something and didnt' find it, and found out later it was already posted... had I worded it differently.

Also, not everyone knows everything. He's one of the few people on here that actually try and HELP the newbs. If he's giving so much "misinformation", or "misguiding" so many newbs... help out. Point them in the right direction. Help them learn how to do a better search and help them find the info... or just don't say anything at all.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:26 AM
You know all these bs post is the exact reason why i left 2 years ago. FOR some reason i thought MAYBE things changed and I'd come back and chill with the best of them HAHAHAHAHA thats the funniest thing nothing has changed peoples attitudes suck here they really do when it comes down to it... they are all high and mighty and everyone else is a freakin retard. YOU know the exact reason why i left the last time... is because people couldn't except the fact that im with my now fiance and instead of being MATURE about things they decided to send him emails and call him saying i was cheating on him just to get out there because he was a "big shot" on the org and i was some young blonde chick... to those people who did that i say F YOU and to the people who think there is nothing wrong with this place i say F YOU TOO. end of freakin story

and to you Adam good luck you rock and take care of that adorable little boy!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:37 AM
lilblondegirl wrote:and to the people who think there is nothing wrong with this place i say F YOU TOO. end of freakin story

Great! So when are you leaving again?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:47 AM
Bye

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:57 AM
This is prolly another reason he's leaving. Why does everyone have to argue? He said hes done, and that's his decision. But no, a million people have to post argueing with him. He is entitled to his own opinion, why can't you just let it be that? Why make a scene of it? And for those of you that call himself attention whores, what does that make you? You come into his thread to start things instead of wishing him his best IN A NICE WAY!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:00 AM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:
lilblondegirl wrote:and to the people who think there is nothing wrong with this place i say F YOU TOO. end of freakin story

Great! So when are you leaving again?

dude just shut up if your just gonna be a dick this whole post

Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
Sorry that you aren't fond of me... I guess you seem to be a loner in that crowd bud.

...i beg to differ
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:16 AM
NJHK wrote:
scarab wrote:So in the end, goodbye Adam, and good riddance...

Also, I know more than you think or care to know but thanks once again for the response.

..right

see ya adam. take the newb followers with you to that new forum too. I joined over there thinking it was going to be a recepticle of useful information since its specific to the ecotec engine but I was, not surprisingly, disappointed.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:21 AM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:
NJHK wrote:

..right

see ya adam. take the newb followers with you to that new forum too. I joined over there thinking it was going to be a recepticle of useful information since its specific to the ecotec engine but I was, not surprisingly, disappointed.

Would you like your account deleted then? If so, send josh an e-mail and he'll get rid of it for you since we disappointed you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:26 AM
NJHK wrote:

..right

Why are you giving him a hard time that apparently another forum doesn't live up to your standards?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:50 AM
Ebbeh? Did I hear someone suggest we add more rules??

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:08 PM
Quote:

Why are you giving him a hard time that apparently another forum doesn't live up to your standards?

because he's a mod there, and even tho it's apparently a 'nicer place' its still as useless as the org

if you don't have standards, you get a bunch of garbage.. useless circles of "information" (and i use the term loosely) that lead no where.

I find it ironic that this place holds adam in such high regard since he contributed nothing but misinformation and polluted this forum with so much crap thats going to lead more and more people down the wrong path.

How someone who has never done an oil change or done ANY of his own mods (even the most simple) be held in regard as a leader is beyond me... I guess copy and pasting hyperlinks and getting into painful detail about intakes (read: beating a dead horse)makes you an UbEr sUpER tUnEr on the org.

Lets see adam tune an ignition map, or correct an air/fuel ratio problem (whether it be injector or pump related), or fix a boost leak, or troubleshoot a boost problem, or solve an electrical problem..

..but I guess thats symbolic of the entire jbody community. Nothing but BS.

Adam keeps laying claim to all of his abilities, but like I stated, beyond unlocking his car, opening the door, turning the key to start the engine and pushing the gas/brake pedals I don't think much is left other than the ctrl+c and ctrl+v commands on a computer.

sorry, but the truth hurts.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:12 PM
Quote:

How someone who has never done an oil change or done ANY of his own mods (even the most simple) be held in regard as a leader is beyond me... I guess copy and pasting hyperlinks and getting into painful detail about intakes (read: beating a dead horse)makes you an UbEr sUpER tUnEr on the org.

I WILL argue this! He was at Josh's house, and I saw him help out plenty of times on his own car.

And from what I understand it's still a new forum, it will take a while to get somewhere. Everything always takes time!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search