Sad to say this...good bye org (my farewell post) - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Sad to say this...good bye org (my farewell po
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:36 PM
Why is it neccesary to make a look-at-me-I'm-leaving post? If this place bugs you so much why not just leave and be done with it?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:46 PM
Adam, your posts will be missed...Your posts where always positive and informative.

Thanks, for your help in the past...sad to see you go....But

I truly understand your reasons for leaving, I know you will help out as many people on your new site as you did here, on this one.

Peace

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:49 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Why is it neccesary to make a look-at-me-I'm-leaving post? If this place bugs you so much why not just leave and be done with it?

Probably so that there won't be "Hey-guys-where'd-Adam/NJHK-go?" posts all over...

Then again, there prolly will still be such posts anyway

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:51 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Why is it neccesary to make a look-at-me-I'm-leaving post? If this place bugs you so much why not just leave and be done with it?

and why do you care how I leave?

To answer your question though...this wasn't meant to be a "hey look at me" ordeal. This is to say good bye to the people who I'm cool with instead of it being some type of mystery of where I went.

Also if you read what I wrote, I don't hate the org, I certain types of individuals on here.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:55 PM
Adam's right about alot of stuff but so is Slug. Ef em man this is just the internet you can always make them shut up just by walking away. If you do actualy leave you'll be missed especialy by the newbs as you were one of the few of us who defend them and try to help them as much as you can. Don't be a total stranger Adam, don't forget you do have friends here. Ef the haters man and don't sweat it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:00 PM
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:

To answer your question though...this wasn't meant to be a "hey look at me" ordeal. This is to say good bye to the people who I'm cool with instead of it being some type of mystery of where I went.

Also if you read what I wrote, I don't hate the org, I certain types of individuals on here.

i can see why he said it, Adam - i got the same bullcrap when i "left permanently" back in summer 2003. if you want to say goodbye to certain people, do it via PM and just leave quietly - otherwise, this can easily be seen as an attentionwhore post.

just look at both sides of the situation, instead of letting what people say bother you.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:03 PM
I fully understand what it's like to have a forum irk you to death. I used to get livid for no reason about a forum I used to visit. Finally one day I just said enough, quit posting, quit visiting, and just fell off the earth as far as that forum is concerned. I didn't make a post about it, I just left, but I still talk to the people on that forum that I want to.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:08 PM

maybe so everyone doesnt wonder why he doesnt post anymore?

-Borsty
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:16 PM
some people in this post are funny. they say why make an attention whore post or why let this forum get to him. yet these same people would/will make a post about there leaving. or they make a dumb post about grammer or spelling that some people have on this site. if it bothers you that much that adam made this post, then click on that little red X the upper right corner

see ya around adam

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:19 PM
what little red X , i got like a bunch in the right and accross the bar at the top

lol

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:25 PM
ok im honestly not gonna lie...i felt the same way as adam hence why i wasnt posting too much...until brian and it really restored my faith in the org and made me rethink a lot and its sad that it took something like that but at the same time it really does proove that a lot of peeps here on the org are great people and they may not constanly show it day in and day out but they are there when you need them so to adam i say best of luck and hopefully we will see you around from time to time...dont ever be a stranger

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:32 PM
Adam, sorry to see you go...I hope maybe we can still hook up in the future and get something going locally....I do agree with you on alot of what you said...hit me up on AIM if you see me ...or I'll do the same....and I'll def be seeing you on the new forums...take care....

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:36 PM
im in the same boat as adam... even though i dont have my cav anymore i was gonna stay on this site to add some helpful advice to the noobs since ive been in the jbody scene for 2-3 years now but more and more i dont want to even click on posts because of the negative attitudes and the unhelpful people. i used to be premium and make 500-1000 posts a month..now i dont even use up my 100 posts

if a post is made about a subject that was covered 2 posts down... then tell them that.. say "hey man look a few posts down, there is a post that would probably help you find your answer" and maybe give them a link to it

or if someone posts a car you dont like just simply say "hey man, not my taste but i respect the hard work youve put into it.. heres a few things i would suggest changing to make it look a little better"

and i HATE when people just tell others to search... instead of saying to search. why not help them? find the post for them and give them a link..then explain to them how you found it by searching..then next time they will search on there own because they know how to do it.

why correct someones spelling? or grammar? this isnt school that is not what were here for. if you want to make yourself look superior in that matter then become and english teacher.

basically - if you have nothing helpful to say in somoenes post then DONT EVEN BOTHER RESPONDING TO IT. just leave it be.

this site was made to help others and to support others interested in modding there j-body. the j-body is no longer made and the scene will die off very fast if people keep up with the poor attitudes

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:52 PM
Get out of here you post whore, douche bag, attention whore that you are Adam. You won't be miss. Good thing that you're gone. This site don't need you.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:57 PM
Adam, I DO understand why you would want to leave. What I DON'T understand is why you let the negative people bring you down with them. I have never really considered myself a vet, but since 97cavie24ls says he is, and I joined one day before him (hah ), then I guess I am one, too. There is a lot of anomosity on the org...but there always has been, if you think about it. There have been way too many times when I've let this place get to me, but sometimes it does (rarely, tho). Those people that choose to be haters or think they're "above you" shouldn't be able to make me get upset irl. Cause really, what am I here for? Cause I love my car and cause I do have friends here. But as long as I love my car, I really don't care what other people think about the actual appearance of it. I only care about what a short list of people have to say in general, and only an even shorter list of people when it comes to my car. Cause ultimately, I'm the one driving it.

I come here to see other peoples' progress, help people out whenever I can, give positive feedback (if I really think it deserves it), and goof off. Screw what everyone else comes here to do. Just concentrate on you. You're letting the "haters" run you off, imo. If I ever do leave the forums (totally), it'll probably be because I've grown tired of the whole j-body scene. Not because of the people here. There will ALWAYS be know-it-alls and instigators and just overall loose cannons everywhere. No matter what forum, no matter online or offline. You just gotta learn to overlook them and not throw attention AT them.

But it's your decision, and if you do decide to go, then we can still talk on AIM.

-Crystal

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:03 PM
lilbit01 wrote:
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:

i can see why he said it, Adam - i got the same bullcrap when i "left permanently" back in summer 2003. if you want to say goodbye to certain people, do it via PM and just leave quietly - otherwise, this can easily be seen as an attentionwhore post.

just look at both sides of the situation, instead of letting what people say bother you.

I understand what you're saying but it honestly doesn't matter because people think I'm an attention whore anyways...so whatever.

I would have done it via PM but seriously, I know entirely too many people on here to PM every single person. It's not like I talk to 5 people on the org.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:17 PM
long live the king!

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:17 PM
Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:Adam, I DO understand why you would want to leave. What I DON'T understand is why you let the negative people bring you down with them. I have never really considered myself a vet, but since 97cavie24ls says he is, and I joined one day before him (hah ), then I guess I am one, too. There is a lot of anomosity on the org...but there always has been, if you think about it. There have been way too many times when I've let this place get to me, but sometimes it does (rarely, tho). Those people that choose to be haters or think they're "above you" shouldn't be able to make me get upset irl. Cause really, what am I here for? Cause I love my car and cause I do have friends here. But as long as I love my car, I really don't care what other people think about the actual appearance of it. I only care about what a short list of people have to say in general, and only an even shorter list of people when it comes to my car. Cause ultimately, I'm the one driving it.

I come here to see other peoples' progress, help people out whenever I can, give positive feedback (if I really think it deserves it), and goof off. Screw what everyone else comes here to do. Just concentrate on you. You're letting the "haters" run you off, imo. If I ever do leave the forums (totally), it'll probably be because I've grown tired of the whole j-body scene. Not because of the people here. There will ALWAYS be know-it-alls and instigators and just overall loose cannons everywhere. No matter what forum, no matter online or offline. You just gotta learn to overlook them and not throw attention AT them.

But it's your decision, and if you do decide to go, then we can still talk on AIM.

-Crystal

Crystal, I fully understand what you're saying. Yes, after a long time of ignoring @!#$s I slowly have come to realize that I don't want to be apart of a community that seems to have a good amount of elitist-acting jerkoffs. The JBO isn't the only thing that I have put out of my life because of this type of attitude...I recently left my car club because of people talking behind my back and their attitudes as well...can't say I'm suprised because the ones who were doing the talking are active members on this forum.

Trust me, I've been around here long enough to have dealt with people talking about my car, saying I'm full of it, full out racism and all sorts of hatred. I've dealt with it...why? Cause I wanted to stay here and knew why I did like being here...but now I question why I stay here. Almost everyday there is a thread that's gone too many pages long because people want to argue about stupid pointless nonsense or just members putting other members down. Maybe it's me but it seems to be a huge decline in brotherhood and sisterhood on this site and I've been trying to ignore it. Yes, I know the world isn't sugar coated and everyone skips and sings "kum-by-ya (sp?)" but there is a time when things are kind of rediculously negative and immature.

That's my take on it though...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:29 PM
Ever since 2000 members people say this place "is going down hill". It hasn't changed much since then. The only thing that changes is peoples ability to cope with the BS.

Adam, IMO you are proving my point about your look-at-me attitude. If you are leaving then leave. You said what you needed to say. If yer going to continue to post just deal with the JBO and stick around. Have Dave delete this post. Either stay or go, but stop with the Drama.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:38 PM
WHAT ARE ALL THE NEWBIES GONNA DO WITHOUT YA MAN???!!!

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]its hard to be a VET
to many people now a days cant read , and comprehend

I was in AuAutoZonerhe other day and I kid you not someone came in an ask if they sold motor oil !! so its not just the .org

Adam man I'm gonna miss ya here, but if my account ever gets straightened out at the other forum I'll be seeing you there as well as AIM. and you have to atleast give a good post about how Samantha is after you get all your turbo troubles taken care of. I have been waiting for that for awhile now.

Dave

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:42 PM

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:43 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Ever since 2000 members people say this place "is going down hill". It hasn't changed much since then. The only thing that changes is peoples ability to cope with the BS.

Adam, IMO you are proving my point about your look-at-me attitude. If you are leaving then leave. You said what you needed to say. If yer going to continue to post just deal with the JBO and stick around. Have Dave delete this post. Either stay or go, but stop with the Drama.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

I didn't even reply to this thread untill you made your first comment and the only other replies I made was replyies to what FRIENDS had to say...that was it. I'm not trying to start or continue any drama, YOU ARE.

Like I said in my original post, I will reply to some posts in this thread.

Back to what I said to Laura, people think I'm an attention whore anyways so why should I care now?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:01 PM
i remember the roll bar post about crystals old cav , and how many people bashed the hell out of it , if i remember the post was pretty BRUTAL

then low and behold , it actually did it job and save her life

CINNY , i know about that i get calls all the time at work , and sometimes you wanna hit the guy on the other end for being so stupid , lol

to me headers are pretty easy to install from a basic know how , along with catbacks , and ive had people send me pics , i tell them how to correct the issue and they argue back , and tell me i dont know what im talking about because the hick shop knows more than me , and they could get it figured out

oh well life moves on , lol

adam , chad is just saying this place has been the same , and will always be the same

and either you deal with it , or with out it

we all move on , alot come back , others dont

we are all drama queens , just some choose to dress in drag , while other dress normal

lol

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:02 PM
good luck with that car and thanks for all the information
you'll be missed

If it doesnt break then you didnt drive it hard enough
I drive an automatic, I'll race you... 1 hand and 1 foot.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:10 PM
and i forgot , the leave quietly part

or stay around

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search