Forum Neglect... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Forum Neglect...
Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:52 PM
^ if they cant find something their searching for, then they need to rethink their search parameters. its no one elses fault but their own. its the same as searching for something on google.

Check out my build thread!

Friday, May 04, 2007 11:04 AM
Accepted Failure (EliteCavy) wrote:^ if they cant find something their searching for, then they need to rethink their search parameters. its no one elses fault but their own. its the same as searching for something on google.

I agree. I hardly ever have trouble with searches. Most of the people here give up if they can't find what they are looking for in their first search. If they would take the time and actually learn to use the search function they would have a lot more success with it.

Friday, May 11, 2007 11:37 AM
It is truly sad that some people post information and part numbers that would take the next guy hours of trial and error to find. They did it just to help others. They had nothing to gain by taking their time to post it all. And for what? It turns into just another post that falls off the page. 3 pages worth of people asking for it to be a stickie and it is still not important enough for the person or people who have the ability to nake it a sticky to do anything about it.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, May 11, 2007 1:07 PM
Case in point.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=382822&t=382822

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:12 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Case in point.

Exactly!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:43 AM
Rusty (The Rusted One) wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:Case in point.

Exactly!

Personally, I don't think a how-to that maybe 5 people will ever use needs to be a sticky. It belongs in the Library as a How-To tho

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:04 AM
John Lenko wrote:Personally, I don't think a how-to that maybe 5 people will ever use needs to be a sticky. It belongs in the Library as a How-To tho

Bingo. I want to do away with probably 99% of the stickies eventually, and move them to the FAQ. Of course before I do that I will set up the ability to reply to FAQs, similar to how you can reply to a forum post.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:23 PM
Dave wrote:
John Lenko wrote:Personally, I don't think a how-to that maybe 5 people will ever use needs to be a sticky. It belongs in the Library as a How-To tho

Bingo. I want to do away with probably 99% of the stickies eventually, and move them to the FAQ. Of course before I do that I will set up the ability to reply to FAQs, similar to how you can reply to a forum post.

that will be a nice feature!!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:08 AM
I should have been more clear. We do not need more stickys, if anything we need lees of them. The library would be a much better place. What I was trying to say was it should be saved somewhere easier to find than searching the forums.

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:17 AM
Back up for topic discussion.

My take on all of this.

I've ventured many forums in search of J-body knowledge.
JBO is one of those sources that has an immense amount of knowledge that is hidden within the depths of the posts.
We have to search for that knowledge and it doesn't come easily.
There are times I come onto the JBO for random reading and come upon an article that is several pages back into the threads. Excellent information that gets pushed away because it's not saved, stickied, or otherwise collected for futher perusal.

A good example of how things should be done with information that is useful for the tuner in all of us is in the quad4forums.com website.
Their FAQ is without question the best I've ever seen.
It's updated and a vast wealth of knowledge that takes days to cover with all of the information it has.

I moderate on the ClubCav.com forums and I hear so many times that the JBO is a great place but finding information is pretty much impossible.
One of the other complaints I always see and hear is that the search function hardly works or hard to figure out. I too have to say that using the search function takes time to widdle down the information you seek. That time could be used to read the various threads discerning the tidbits of information you're trying to find.

These ideas I've read in the various posts I've been linked to may have been thrown to the wayside but being in the J-body community as long as many of you have, believe it's about time that JBO got their act together and to show other forums that we have what it takes to be leaders in our community.

I'd really hate to see all of this information go to waste.
Let's take some lessons from our brothers in the quad4forums.com and get ourselves invovled in getting this FAQ section together, showing it on every forum, giving everyone a chance to become more knowledgeable in what they love to do. That my friends it to elevate the J-body to new plateaus.
Knowledge is our key to start this engine and without it, we're considered dead.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, August 06, 2007 6:15 PM
Accepted Failure (EliteCavy) wrote:^ if they cant find something their searching for, then they need to rethink their search parameters. its no one elses fault but their own. its the same as searching for something on google.

Not so. I have stopped using the search function because it sucks most of the time. I do better going page by page looking for the post I want. I have done that soo many times. Gone though 20 pages to find a post because the search option sucks. I have submitted info on the Ecotec swap but it still has not been corrected. Also another member mentioned this to me. FAQ's should come up in the search option.

We need to keep in mind it is a forum. Purpose to post info and get answers. I even like to make new post on old info to get new answers. not everyone reads every post, or answers every post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 06, 2007 6:16 PM

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:52 AM
i've never had a problem using the search feature. i can usually find any answer that i'm looking for in a few seconds of searching... all you do is type in your keywords and set up the options for how long ago posted and what forums to search... i always hear how hard searching our forums is, but in reality its not that hard at all.

Check out my build thread!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search