BEWARE of eBay Member: solstice4show - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
BEWARE of eBay Member: solstice4show
Friday, March 07, 2008 5:23 PM
Brandon Spencer of Mesquite, TX is a thief and, apparently, has been at it for quite some time...

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_351863/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

...That post is the first result on Google for "Brandon Spencer Mesquite". I should have done that before I payed but his Feedback was 100% and he had already sold an Autometer guage to someone so it seemed like he was simply getting rid of some spare parts.

I won the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=260190771600

...on Dec. 13. I did not even receive a shipping quote until Feb. 4. It was not until Jan. 22 that he even replied to my e-mails requesting a shipping quote. His excuse was he had had a "relapse" in his "cancer." I had no reason to not believe him so I payed promptly the next day and was told it would be shipped by the end of the week. A couple of weeks later, I get an eBay Message from his wife Emily saying his cancer was out of remission and he was back in the hospital. But I became optimistic when she said her brother was coming down that weekend to help her get the seat shipped via Greyhound. Well, it's now Mar. 7 and since I have not received one message since Feb. 18, I disputed the charge and had my money refunded.

I'm satisfied and relieved that I was able to get my money back but the fact still remains that this guy, possibly his wife too, ripped me off. I had been looking for an SRT-4 Rear Seat since September but could not find one at a decent price. I put up with three months of excuses only to find out he had pulled the same routine on someone else in 2005. He not only wasted my time, but I had to watch a couple of other great deals go by the way side as I waited for him. That's why you see in my Car profile, under Future Mods, SRT-4 Rear Seat(Not Installed).

Now, I will always request information for each eBay Member I deal with because if I had known beforehand he had already pulled this cancer bit on someone, I would have never sent the payment. I'm hoping this post helps someone avoid the drawn out mistake I made and this person does not rip off another sympathetic person such as myself.

More proof that he is a scam artist...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280200298842

...He bought a 94 Honda Civic Ignition Switch after I paid for my seat but somehow could not send me my seat. I would be more concerned with getting the merchandise to the guy who paid for it than buying an ignition switch.

Do not deal with solstice4show aka Brandon Spencer

Re: BEWARE of eBay Member: solstice4show
Monday, March 10, 2008 6:11 AM
Did you pay with a credit card because Paypal does not allow you to file a claim after 45 days.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:40 AM
Quote:

I disputed the charge and had my money refunded.

I'm assuming he disputed the charge through Paypal.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Monday, March 10, 2008 2:12 PM
firemachine69 wrote:I'm assuming he disputed the charge through Paypal.

I disputed it through the credit card I used and they credited my account. Didn't want to deal with Paypal and didn't have to.

If you even consider dealing with solstice4show, I can send you the message(bursting with profanity) I received after leaving negative feedback. It gives you a perfect example of the kind of people you would be dealing with. His wife, Emily, apparently did not take their little scam being discovered too well.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:47 AM
The world is getting sick what happened to car people being "family"

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:18 PM
It's all about the $$$

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:16 AM
post the message I'd like to see it.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:37 AM
JUCNBST wrote:post the message I'd like to see it.

x2

2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- Barely legal tint.
Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:09 AM
Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:25 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:If you even consider dealing with solstice4show, I can send you the message(bursting with profanity)

My point was if they were selling something and you did not believe me about my ordeal and were going to bid on one of their auctions, then I would send you the message.

Right now, eBay is investigating this for the scam and the message itself, so I'd rather not outright post it yet.

The funny thing is her, Emily, reply to my feedback was it took me two months to pay. That's pretty funny when I payed the day after I finally got a shipping quote after two months. I still can't believe my 21 other purchases went off without a hitch, then I get these people for sellers.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:48 PM
Last week I had a buyer get all pissy because Purolator sent him an invoice for customs brokerage.

I shipped him some transceivers worth a couple grand, insured it for half of retail (less then wholesale)... Which if anyone does cross-border shipping, knows customs takes the declared value. Anyhow, cost me 164 bucks for the shipping, plus 12 bucks for the boxes, plus 39 bucks for the Ebay fees... He picked up the package deal for 500 bucks, about half of wholesale cost, not including shipping from China. He was pissed that he got invoiced for a hundred or so bucks, and demanded that I cover it since I had charged him 200 for Canada to USA shipping...

He was hell-bent that I made a profit on shipping charges (comes out to negative $15 actually), and that I should cover his brokerage fees.

His alternative was to have it sent as a gift, and as an experienced Importer, importing Chinese stuff from Canada, and declaring it as a gift, will land a person in a whole lotta bunch of hot water.

Ebay is filled with people too ignorant, or stupid, both on the buying and selling end. Luckily I've only had the one so far. Everyone else has been super!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:51 PM

2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- Barely legal tint.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:45 PM
Remember there is 2 sides to Every Story!

Oh i see you are still crying. This lil kid has no room to talk about anything at all. For one tell the whole story if you are gonna state part of it. You didnt have the money to pay for shipping threw UPS so I take the extra effort and take the package up to Greyhound to get a shipping quote and you tell me it will be a couple weeks till you can make payment. There was no 2 month delay in money request. And I was still cool with that. Then yes it took 2 weeks after that to the package sent and you was informed of the details of that.

Then the seat was shipped and you never even called Greyhound or attempted to pick up the seat. Instead you have your Daddy call my cell phone leaving a threatening message. That was when my wife emailed you that it HAD been shipped that you actually have to go to pick the item up at the greyhound location. That is the point of cheaper shipping. Then the next thing we get is your mother calling my cell phone talking alot of nonesense about my cancer and unloading her crap as well. So yea my wife got vulgar with her wording in the email. Not after your negative feedback.

So you can really stop acting like you are perfect. Amazing that I have over 180 Positive feedbacks until you come around. And yes you might as well keep your mouth shut about the paypal because the card has been refunded for now, but if u take the effort to call paypal and find out that isnt final. They are gonna give the money back and there will be a recharge on the credit card for shipping charges because they have the email where you agreed to the shipping charges and a fax from Greyhound saying the item had been shipped and returned. So get off your lil cloud thinking you are perfect in the ordeal with your 21 positive feedbacks.

Hint of advice. Be a man and contact someone yourself and not have your mommy and daddy calling to talk the crap for you.

BTW: Nice way of proving I am a scammer....Me, My wife, Her Brother, and my sister use this ebay acount and still had a perfect feedback till you, your mommy and daddy came along.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:53 PM

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:05 PM
jnickel wrote:

I concur

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:41 PM
jnickel wrote:

i kan has sum 2?

Thursday, April 03, 2008 4:28 AM
Where is Joey and picard WHERE??????
Thursday, April 03, 2008 4:32 AM
Bold text = e-thug, hells yea. +1 to penis size

Post up the emails, hospital bills, etc. Any proof to back up eithers' claims. Right now in siding with John, cuz usually when people get caught in a lie they get hurt and overreact. A.K.A. excess use of CAPITALS, bold text, over-sized text, or any combo of the three. Really anything to convey anger.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:18 AM

Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:21 AM
jnickel wrote:

This will get interesting I bet....

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:15 AM
jnickel wrote:

gonna need more than one bag!
Thursday, April 03, 2008 12:29 PM
Tinkles wrote:Bold text = e-thug, hells yea. +1 to penis size

Post up the emails, hospital bills, etc. Any proof to back up eithers' claims. Right now in siding with John, cuz usually when people get caught in a lie they get hurt and overreact. A.K.A. excess use of CAPITALS, bold text, over-sized text, or any combo of the three. Really anything to convey anger.

You might wanna read your own friends message then. He has the same CAPITIAL, Bold, and Over-sized letters.

And I dont need to prove anything about a hospital bill or anything to prove myself to a group of car people. I already proved myself to the people the matter. Just the kid needs to handle his own problems and get off his moms tit. And dont be a broke ass when bidding on something.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:07 PM
plot = thickens

Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:22 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:BTW: Nice way of proving I am a scammer....Me, My wife, Her Brother, and my sister use this ebay acount and still had a perfect feedback till you, your mommy and daddy came along.

solstice4show aka Emily on March 7 after receiving Negative Feedback wrote:You must be joking me? Your such a lil bitch ass you have your mother call my husbands cell phone and leave a message. How about tell that bitch to call back tomorrow and talk that @!#$ to me. Good lord you a mamas boy. Get a life and learn to read ur emails u lil punk ass. Your @!#$ty address had the item returned to me. Instead of responding to emails you tell you ignorant ass mother to call my husbands cell number and talk @!#$. @!#$ her and @!#$ you. "Cancer Excuses"? Well we all know you are too @!#$ stupid to come up with this statement. ?hat cunt of a mother make this ignorant statement as well? I hope your whole @!#$ up family goes to hell for that. He has survived Cancer for over 7 years. You dont know or possibly could go threw what he has. So @!#$ you bitch. And good luck getting your money back as you seem to think. Your dumb ass hasnt even made a claim threw paypal. And since I have attempted shipment 2 times and have proof they will not refund your money. Thanks!

She was not going to get the seat to me and still keep my money. I believe that's a scam

Uncivilized R.T. wrote:Then the seat was shipped and you never even called Greyhound or attempted to pick up the seat. Instead you have your Daddy call my cell phone leaving a threatening message. That was when my wife emailed you that it HAD been shipped that you actually have to go to pick the item up at the greyhound location. That is the point of cheaper shipping. Then the next thing we get is your mother calling my cell phone talking alot of nonesense about my cancer and unloading her crap as well. So yea my wife got vulgar with her wording in the email. Not after your negative feedback.

The seat was NEVER shipped. Since it was taking you a while to get the UPS shipping quote, I asked you to get one from Greyhound as well. I didn't think it'd be too terribly difficult to stop by a Greyhound that you even said was close by. I received no contact whatsoever after this message...

solstice4show aka Emily almost two weeks after I payed on Feb. 5 wrote:Hello. I hope I am writing the right person. Well my husband went to his check up at the doctor and his cancer is outof remission and he was admitted. I have recieved the money but the box is too much for me to lift. My brother lives like an hour away and he is coming down this weekend to carry it to the car and into the place so I can get it to u. He already has it boxed and labeled up I just need to get it to the Shipping location. Sorry for the delay. He is just now getting to where he can comprehend stuff and gave me the ebay password. Sorry for the delay. Once it is shipped I will give u all the info I can get for u.

I was never contacted by Emily or Greyhound about the seat being shipped. Two weeks with no response about shipping and two weeks on top of that after having sent the payment, I had had enough and left negative feedback. This was a horrible transaction where you had done little right as the seller and I had done more than was expected of me as a buyer, thus you deserved negative feedback.

My parents left you messages because they were suspicious of your scam after you did not contact me for over a month after I won the auction. I believed you were a good guy going through some rough times and that's why I exhibited the patience I did. That and the fact my dad had leukemia as a child. So I've heard a lot about what it's like to go through cancer. I did not leave you a message because I did not feel the need to after you and your wife obviously did not care about the transaction enough to get the seat to me or run a better scam. I still don't know if you actually have cancer or are just using it as a gimmick to get sympathy.

Anyways, all this really doesn't matter to me anymore. People can now truly see the kind of people you and your wife are and, hopefully, make the decision to not associate or deal with you. Plus, I just got my ACR Edition SRT-4 Rear Seat through DHL through this eBay transaction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=370034172950&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

...It was crazy. I won the auction and sent my payment the day after I won. The seller then shipped the seat last Friday via DHL and sent me a tracking number on Sunday. Now, I'm looking at that same seat in my living room after it made its way from California.

Apparently, my address works and I'll be sure to post up some pictures just to prove that there are great sellers(lexus_srt-4 - The person I got my seat from) and there are sellers looking to scam people(solstice4show aka Branden and Emily)

Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:37 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:And I dont need to prove anything about a hospital bill or anything to prove myself to a group of car people. I already proved myself to the people the matter. Just the kid needs to handle his own problems and get off his moms tit. And dont be a broke ass when bidding on something.

I'm sorry but I just have to double post....

I did handle my own problem. You and your wife had no intention of sending me the seat so I got my money back and posted feedback and a topic to let everyone know as such. I was the one conversing with yall via eBay Messages, since you can't answer your phone or return a call, and dealing with the "excuses" that you came up with. The fact that you're dwelling on the two cell messages left by my mom and dad is ridiculous when you're trying to validate your side of the story.

I also payed the day after you FINALLY got me a shipping quote. I don't see how promptly paying you almost $200 is being a "broke ass." As far as shipping, quit whining about me asking for a quote for Greyhound. My god, it probably took you all of ten minutes to get an estimate after maybe driving ten minutes out of your way.

And I have one statement that is capitals, bold text, over-sized text to emphasize my entire point which is not to deal with you.

BTW, awesome job on endearing yourself to fellow member after coming back

Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:41 PM
darkknight817 wrote:
jnickel wrote:

gonna need more than one bag!

is this gonna be enough guys?

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search