Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build - Page 12 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build
Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:09 AM
Trend or thread? Cuz I've been known to be trendy....

And thread? Well it can't quite hold a candle to your jackstand thread lol, but I try.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:18 AM
Nope phone auto correct wins again!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, July 06, 2012 7:49 AM
i swear auto correct is the lamest function ever for a phone.

i think a broken watch works more often....

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:33 PM
Oh @!#$.......

Sunday, July 15, 2012 3:44 AM
Wtf is that thing?

Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:00 AM
A pissed off jack-o-lantern lol. It'll have to do for now

Sunday, July 15, 2012 5:46 PM
Well that's. Different, thas for sure, I'll hold judgement till I can see it on car.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:47 AM
Well i fit it on the car, and it looks pretty terrible without an evil eye hood, and the lack of an engine weighing down the front end (Car currently sits about an inch higher than stock lol). I also need to move the intercooler forward about 4 inches, and up 2, to make it sit properly inside the opening.

Other then that it looks quite mediocre, and i can live with it for a season.

not too much of an update other than that, got in my engine gasket kit, and a new water pump. I also finished massaging the coolant holes for the Cometic headgasket on the 086 head. I'm going to be tracking down some missing oil pump mounting bolts and pump to brace bolts then hopefully i can be putting the engine back together within the next couple weeks.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:52 AM
So i was away in Miami for a bachelor party this past weekend (god i love travel sliz) and when i came home i recieved 2 packages.

Teh Jeffie Trailing Arm Bushings:

and some Titanium 2.3 retainers from Clyde:

and it sitting on one of the NHRA springs

I also sent out my HG2 intake cam to Iowa to have the CPS pad welded on. So as far as that goes, i just need to blow a hole in the HO cover and that should be rather easy since the 2.4 top cover has the same dimensions. so pretty much copy-paste.

Still no word from the machine shop. they keep saying "end of the month, end of the month" before they touch my ish...that was almost 2 months ago ...good things come to those who wait i guess though, right?

Monday, September 17, 2012 4:14 PM
Glad to see this is still limping along, I have been collecting parts for almost as long as you and changed my mind almost as much. Stick with it because the payoff is going to be worth every delay and headache.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:14 AM
Thrice . wrote:So i was away in Miami for a bachelor party this past weekend (god i love travel sliz) and when i came home i recieved 2 packages.

and it sitting on one of the NHRA springs

I have the same combo of springs and retainers.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:57 AM
Quick update. I stopped by the machine shop to pick up my ish because they still had not touched any of it, and I'm not about to leave it there till next season. So I spent this years budget on some new rims for the Mazda.

....they just so happened to be attached to a new car as well lol :-p

There's no need to worry, this baby isn't being molested at all, this is just my new DD. I'm tired of waiting to feel even the slightest amount of boost, so I picked this car up for 1 hell of a good deal! Mainly I also just wanted a car with a warrantee and a little more value.

And yes, the sunfire is still going ahead as planned, I even got my intake cam back from Brad's machinist a couple days ago, but just got back to work today due to being out of town, then getting the flu and having to stay close to a bed. I have to say, I'm loving this car so far, but it does make me want to finish the sunfire that much more due to the potential of much more power!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:59 AM
so you delt with ray, eh? how you like him and his work?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:59 AM
I had a great time dealing with him, but for some reason I can't get a hold of him to give him my money for the work lol. I left him a voicemail with all my info as well, but I'll give him another try on my lunch. One thing that i do find a little odd is that he didn't set screw the pad, it looks like he used some type of cement to adhere the CPS pad on the cam.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:24 AM
well thats great im glad he treated you well. he's always been a stand up guy with me.

as for the pad, i wouldnt worry. hes done them for many dirt car guys and they've never had any issues. im almost positive its because the screws throw off the sensor making it not work. he actually set up a tool with the sensor and i believe an indicator light that allows him to make 100% sure that its working. its pretty badass actually hes got all kinds of neat tools like that. he even made a special cutter to clearance the lifters bores on 2.4 towers when using ho or larger cams so it looks perfect instead of a a nasty rough dremel cut. and thats just the tip of the iceberg with him. the guy is a genius when it comes to our engines.

Monday, March 04, 2013 9:17 AM
Guess i forgot to share the picture of the finished cam eh?

I hope to start work on the car again soon! things got delayed with hopes of our building expansion being finished last year, but of course that didn't happen, so *crosses fingers* this is the year the car gets done lol

Monday, March 04, 2013 11:02 AM
lol I hope also.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 04, 2013 6:22 PM
that thing jb welded on?!

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Monday, March 04, 2013 7:05 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:that thing jb welded on?!

At first i was worried about that, thinking it was, but it doesn't seem to have the same feel or look as JB weld after inspecting it.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:51 AM
Thrice . wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:that thing jb welded on?!

At first i was worried about that, thinking it was, but it doesn't seem to have the same feel or look as JB weld after inspecting it.

Could be brazed.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:11 AM
Thrice . wrote:Guess i forgot to share the picture of the finished cam eh?

I hope to start work on the car again soon! things got delayed with hopes of our building expansion being finished last year, but of course that didn't happen, so *crosses fingers* this is the year the car gets done lol

Looks good. My W41 cam has the set screws on the CPS pad. I am not sure if it will work or not

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:07 AM
Brad's guy did the work on my W41 intake cam and the CPS pad does't have a set screw and mine is running fine.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:55 AM
well "my guy" is a pretty broad statement lol. ive had THREE different guy's do these for us now...

thrice's was done by ray. ray has a jig he sets all of his finished cams up into to make sure the CPS works.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:58 PM
So....who wants to buy a Borg Warner S200sx RS50 turbo? max is 28 psi and 410whp

Friday, April 19, 2013 3:51 PM
Going bigger and better?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search