LE5 Intake Mani gains? - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LE5 Intake Mani gains?
Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:16 AM
I'm sorry, do not know as I bought the entire kit from crateengineering depot. You can call and speak to Greg I believe. He was very helpful. They should be able to give you the exact dimensions. Or I can try to measure it for you.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:52 AM
Daniel Thissen wrote:Well of course we all want more power lol, i think 11 is a decent number man. I mean its just an intake mani lol and by looking at your profile, it seems that you have re done the entire exhaust. Im sure if you build the motor up the manifold will make a larger difference. For example if you supercharge it, im sure the overall gain compared to the stock manifold will be more than 11whp
If he supercharges it, by the most conventional means out there (GMPP/M62), the LE5 mani goes bye-bye.

Monday, May 17, 2010 1:50 PM
It does? You saying I have to use another intake manifold or stock one for a supercharger upgrade?

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:18 PM
a different one, the stock one won't work, neither will the le5

Monday, May 17, 2010 7:53 PM
whoops..my bad..sorry guys

Friday, May 28, 2010 9:54 PM
so is the tune really necessary? I have a 2.4 SS manifold that i was planing on putting on, but if i will end up melting a piston or something without a tune i rather not.
Saturday, May 29, 2010 4:45 AM
you wont melt apiston, but you'll def benefit from a good tune

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:45 PM
so if i don't tune it will i still get a noticeable gain? or will it cause more harm than good?
Sunday, May 30, 2010 4:09 PM
You will still see gains but run the risk of running real lean. If you do install without a tune I wouldn't run at WOT.
Tuesday, June 01, 2010 4:23 PM
I ran up to 166 whp on stock injectors without running lean! My LSJ injectors were bad so stock ones back in! I do want LSJ injectors regardless. Just not sure whether I need them right now since my tuner says I have enough fuel. Some people here say they are maxed out on this mani. Not sure what is going wrong with the tuning or it is what it is??

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 7:18 PM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:I ran up to 166 whp on stock injectors without running lean! My LSJ injectors were bad so stock ones back in! I do want LSJ injectors regardless. Just not sure whether I need them right now since my tuner says I have enough fuel. Some people here say they are maxed out on this mani. Not sure what is going wrong with the tuning or it is what it is??

you dont even know how your injectors were acting... he couldn't pull idc i know you're stock injectors are like omfg

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:41 AM
michael cassatt wrote:You will still see gains but run the risk of running real lean. If you do install without a tune I wouldn't run at WOT.

I ran mine with stock injectors and no tune just fine. IDC peaks at 83% in WOT @6300rpm

Monday, July 26, 2010 2:03 PM
Does anyone know how to check in HP TUNERS PRO the IDC? I can't believe my tuner did not know that infomation, he must have. I'll have to ask him

Monday, July 26, 2010 2:15 PM
Can anyone share there tune with me that has simular mods, so I could give the info to my tuner so he can tune it properly?
I got lsj header, full 2.5 header back exhaust with HFC resonator and muffler all magnaflow, WAI, underdrive pulley, and 5-speed.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:53 PM
I would like that too. Specially tune with LE5 manifold

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:41 AM
think there would be any gains for a turbo car?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:17 PM
Yes......More air = more power
Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:30 AM
I'll pay for a good tune file seriously. Just wanted to bring this topic up again. I rather that than pay for a full re-tune

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:19 PM
can anyone tell me if the stock 2.2 airbox will work with the 2.4 intake??
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:47 PM
Wanted to mention how you really have to drive the car 6K and up for power now, especially with big cams using the LE5. Loss of torque down low is kinda annoying now. I only drive this car for high RPM weekend thrills anyway but I only really realized this the other day (only driven 70 miles this year on it). I took a cousin for a test drive and was disappointed in the performance. I was only shifting at 6000! Shifting now to 6800-7000, much more power. However, low gear street driving I find myself shifting at 4000 at least to get moving nicely. I would like more low end torque! I'd enjoy the car much more.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:28 PM
well well well

here i sit thinkin of my LE5 install on a L61 block, i will make this quick and dirty

DO NOT INSTALL A LE5 INTAKE ON A L61 BLOCK EVEN THOUGH IT FITS !

you may have a hp peak gain but on this case the butt dyno doesnt lie, your butt dyno "feels" torque and torque is the pull, so no pull no power no power no chubby (wet spot for ladies) in my car i lost in the 1/4 mile so i uninstalled and back to the orginal L61 mani and my numbers were back to norm

I have the compairison dyno sheets somewhere to show, if your that worried call me, i will explain

Have a good day
-Ben

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 5:06 AM
^^^what about a saab intake mani? think power would be lost or gained there?

Saturday, September 04, 2010 4:29 AM
Why did you have to tell me that Ben? lol... I guess I can't argue your point. I never tracked my times before and after LE5 addition. But, with this MOD and other mods will it help for power? Turbo for instance?

Sunday, September 05, 2010 4:17 PM
I mean i didnt even want to post anything but . .

i dont like seeing anyone butt hurt on this subject.

I had thought the same thing, more air more HP. and yes i did see the website that posted something like 12 hp gain or something silly. I do consult my dyno guy on this and said lets try it, after i installed this intake and this was a few years ago. . . he says its ALL about correct flow of air not just more air, so he brewed up some numbers for me and then some thinking, and i came up with the "bird catcher" design. so only my opinion. . . . .

consult a trusty dyno person and spend the "extra" dollar and gain way more than just a few wimpy whp and gain a "true" 20 whp on a mustang dyno!

o and im also thinkin i did have a K&N style cold air intake on my red car but went back to the stock airbox with modifactions, wasnt really on the dyno at that time but i like "making" my own stuff

im just babbling but some are reading this,
any question feel free to txt anytime

-Ben
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:34 AM
This is why a proper tune with bigger injectors is needed. I'm sure it feels better all the way across the rpm range when a tune is done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search