Custom 2.3/2.4 J Body Headers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom 2.3/2.4 J Body Headers
Monday, May 03, 2010 6:37 PM
Guys , Ron @ Seibenick Racing now has for sale the 2.3 Custom J Body Headers ready ( see pics below ) and , very soon, 2.4 LD9 J Body Custom Headers. The 2.4 will be the same , except with the 2.4 flange welded to them. These are stepped headers, with 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 step to a 3 bolt flange collecter made from 18 gauge steel tubing and 3/8" thick flange. The 2.3 J Body headers are $515 plus shipping to you. We are still waiting for the pricing on making up the 2.4 flanges for those engines. We hope the price is the same as the 2.3 , then they will be the same price. As soon as I get the cost, will let everyone know. These J Body Custom Headers will fit the 95 thru 02 J Bodys.

See pictures, we are trying to verify the collecter length , before we finish welding that piece on. If anyone can help us verify that length , we would be very gratful. We are looking for the length from the stock convertor to the to the bend right in front of the subframe. To install the headers , the subframe needs to be modified so that the headers will fit . Ron Seibenick was asked me to help with pics and text on what modifications need to be done to the subframe. Once I get my hands on a header I can do a write up on install.

A special thanks to Scott Trent. Scott was nice enough to let us borrow the his header, if not for him letting us borrow it, this project would not have happened.

Ron @ Seibenick Racing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 03, 2010 8:13 PM

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life

Re: Custom 2.3/2.4 J Body Headers
Monday, May 03, 2010 7:08 PM
finally!!! wow, that look nice!
i will buy one this summer. what will be the turn around time for these?
is the subframe needs to be drop for installation?
can we get another bung welded for the wideband?
any idea what would be shipping to canada?
any coating available?

Monday, May 03, 2010 7:19 PM
304 Stainless steel?

We had to drop my subframe to fit my RD Fabs header which is alittle shorter.

Monday, May 03, 2010 7:31 PM
is this a 3" only outlet or is it possible to get this in 2.5" ... i think 2.5" is gonna be more productive for an N/A Application... secondly, are we able to get it with a second O2 bung for a wide band? (as stated above)

Monday, May 03, 2010 7:41 PM
Nice work.

Monday, May 03, 2010 7:49 PM
Those are sweet

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, May 03, 2010 8:10 PM
Magik1109 wrote:finally!!! wow, that look nice!
i will buy one this summer. what will be the turn around time for these??

Usually takes 2 weeks if we do not have a ready header to sell.

Magik1109 wrote:is the subframe needs to be drop for installation?

Yes, the subframe will need to be lowered for installation. Also lowering it will give you more room for the cutting you have to do to the subframe to make room for the header

Magik1109 wrote:can we get another bung welded for the wideband?

Yes, you can get a 2nd o2 sensor bung welded on. I will get you a price

Magik1109 wrote:any idea what would be shipping to canada?

No ideas on shipping cost to Canada yet. I will work up some estimates

Magik1109 wrote:any coating available?

Yes, coating is available. I will update my post when I get cost from Ron's coater

Tinkles wrote:304 Stainless steel?

We had to drop my subframe to fit my RD Fabs header which is alittle shorter.

They are made with 18 gauge tubing and a 3/8 flange

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Monday, May 03, 2010 8:13 PM
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:is this a 3" only outlet or is it possible to get this in 2.5" ... i think 2.5" is gonna be more productive for an N/A Application...
i think you missed this one =)

Monday, May 03, 2010 8:20 PM
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:is this a 3" only outlet or is it possible to get this in 2.5" ... i think 2.5" is gonna be more productive for an N/A Application...
i think you missed this one =)

3" outlet only. The reason we needed the measurement was to give the owner room for a reducer before the cat.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Monday, May 03, 2010 9:32 PM
oh kyle grow a set. 3" is for men. it worked for karo, works for paul, worked for pj. n/a likes 3".

looks great, jason. cant wait to order mine... going to be awhile though unfortunately. but i AM going to get one.

and lmao... yes, i did figure it'd be 2036 before we would see a long tube for a j-body so thanks for going forward in time and stealing one hahahahahaa

All I want... is a little of the good life
Monday, May 03, 2010 9:47 PM
This header always makes me want to stay N/A.

Monday, May 03, 2010 9:51 PM
brad: really????? i do remember you texting me and saying Paul's Header didnt do any bit of help to his dyno/qt-mile time ... so i rather try 2.5 and see if there is more of a gain... bigger isn't always better...

Monday, May 03, 2010 9:55 PM
The squirrel was 3" which convinced me to go to it, If there is any loss for a 3" because its too big I never felt it. the top end loves it.

Monday, May 03, 2010 9:59 PM
hmm m62 would like this

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Monday, May 03, 2010 10:09 PM
when ive saved up the $$ to redo the exhaust, i'll start a discussion thread about exhaust sizes, and see what we can come up with... looks like either way i should be good.. either header with 3" piping... or header + reducer + 2.5" piping

Monday, May 03, 2010 10:10 PM
any chance there'd be an eco application?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, May 03, 2010 10:39 PM
this the same guy that made the 1's for the early quad cars that sat just off the ground ? if so any pics of his newest stuff installed ?

also for the guys worried about the collector size , most are 3" and you use a reducer after to drop it down to 2 1/2 ,1/4 or 2" , even pacesetters header is a 3" collector it just necks down for the ball socket

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:52 AM
mitdr774 wrote:This header always makes me want to stay N/A.

Me too Clyde. This header would be good for SC cars as well. Kinda of wish I still had mine

Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:any chance there'd be an eco application?

At this time there are no plans for an Eco version.

[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]this the same guy that made the 1's for the early quad cars that sat just off the ground ? if so any pics of his newest stuff installed ?

Yes, this is the same guy that made those early headers. That design has been changed and they no longer hang "that" low. Only picture we have so far is this one

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 4:41 AM
kyle- pauls HEADER could be to blame for that. not necessarily the piping size. also... his head isnt THAT ported. someone with a big boy ported head would definitely benefit more from it than paul has on the current setup. plus he's only got HO cams. you have bigger cams so 3" is a must man.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:15 AM
well i'm only gasket matched on the exhaust side and polished

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 4:04 PM
want... but i have an LN2

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:01 PM
Ok, I'm not understanding at all what has to be cut on the subframe brace to accommodate this header.
Any pictures of where and what exactly has to be done?

Nice header.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:10 PM
its the 'hole' where the stock downpipe goes through. needs opened up some on the subframe side of things.

i know paul had to physically increase the size of the hole but he did it the other way and made a different shaped floor in the body itself.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:18 PM
Sounds like you'd be compromising the integrity of the subframe by doing this. Again, I'd have to see pictures of this to satisfy my curiosity and possible interest since I'm supercharging soon.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:32 PM
at most it'd be a slight notch but im guessing its no more than a deep grind. plus you have those braces under there that go back.. as well as the 'z' brace so you'll be fine.

think of it as weight redux.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search