Interest in Team Green 2.2 Coil Conversion for the ld9 - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Interest in Team Green 2.2 Coil Conversion for the ld9
Monday, January 15, 2007 7:38 PM
very interested...can't wait for a write up

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:40 PM
There already is a write up for it.

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:51 PM
make me a kit with stock coils and u got urself a sale

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Monday, January 15, 2007 7:57 PM
BOO2point4STED wrote:make me a kit with stock coils and u got urself a sale

Sounds like a plan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 15, 2007 7:58 PM

Monday, January 15, 2007 8:32 PM
Drea Olson wrote:Misnblu, I thought you had more class than this... My car was the original Guinea Pig as posted on TwistedMotorsports.net... I'm going as far as saying you stole the article from Twisted Motorsports Incorporated!

Dude, this is so NOT cool... Way to NOT come up with anything on your own, and only to STEAL it from another site. Like I said; Classy... I thought j-body guys stuck together... I've lost any respect I had for you Misnblu.

Truly Disappointed...

well i think he was around before you joined , and prob hasnt been around here since you joined

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:00 PM
Also if the orignator has any problem with this PLEASE email me!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:50 AM
Each and Every time I have done this swap, I have credited MisnBlue for it. I have yet to use the 'new' way (using the 2200 ICM instead of a 2.4ICM) as posted on TwistedMotorsports.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:22 AM
Jason wrote:Well, I have the spark plug wires, stock 2.2 coil packs with MSD Interface modules. What I really need is the 2.2 ICM and the wiring harness to connect it to my 2.4 ICM
MSD coils from Summit - $45.88 each
Accel coils from Summt - $35.95 each

I would buy...all from summit.
GM DIS-II MSD p/n MSD-31189 wires...8 wires only need 4 .......price $88.08/2
MSD p/n MSD-8224 2.2 Coil pack...........x2......................................price $45.88x2
MSD p/n MSD-8870 Interface module....x2........................................price $31.88x2
2.2 ICM + wiring harness to ICM......x1..............................................price $35?
My own plugs......................................................................................price $26
..............................................................................................................total=$277.4964 with tax. "-selling other 4 wires"
....and that is balls out, no corners cut....and most of us would not need this set up.
I think thats the correct part numbers.

I would just need the 2.2 ICM + wiring harness to 2.4 ICM. Maybe with the interfaces pre-wired as well. Tell me a price....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:05 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
BOO2point4STED wrote:make me a kit with stock coils and u got urself a sale

Sounds like a plan

name a price and we're in business......

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:12 AM
Are you guys sure that you need the interface module? Because you should only be using this setup from the 98+ 2200 engines which when those engines upgrade to MSD blaster coils they dont need the Module.. Now the 95-97 2.2 guys need this Interface module only, not the 98+ 2200's.

Just giving you guys something to think about, and save you money.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:36 AM
if we could eliminate the interface adapters if would help tremendously. When i first thought of offering this setup i was trying to keep it an inexpensive mod. But looking at it some want the msd coils and some would be fine with stock coils.

As far as plug wires. What would everyone like to see plug wires included, if so what ones. or supply your own plug wires.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:45 AM
Looking at the coils... what would everyone think of us using summit performance coils. they have the same output rating and are $15 cheaper per coil.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:46 AM
Ill be willing to be the guinnea pig to try these MSD coils on my 2.4 without the Interface Module.. I already have everything I need for this conversion except the MSD coils, I have stock 2200 ones.. Once I get my setup installed and running this weekend with the help of Mat(whinin) then ill run out and buy the MSD blaster coils minus the Interface module to see if it works without it.

Ill keep ya'll updated with pics and everything.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:50 AM
THAT WOULD BE EFFIN AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:50 AM
Definately interested in this conversion, though I would prefer the MSD coils.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:52 AM
I really don't care what it comes with as long as the essential parts to make it work are there. And instructions or atleast a list of what you could upgrade would be nice for those like me who don't know jack about the 2.2 engine.
But if MSD coil packs were offered along with a good set of wires I would probably get those too because I would upgrage eventually anyway. By the looks of this two kits would be best to offer, a basic one that just gets the thing working, and one with MSD parts. Or maybe you could offer the basic package and then people could add other things as they see fit from a list of available parts your offering. Kinda like building a computer online, you can choose what to add or upgrade.

Short story, I am interested, above is just sugestions.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:57 AM
i just want stock coils and wires.....like accell wires??...everything stock style....as long as its better than this white peice of crap in there now im happy

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:59 AM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:I really don't care what it comes with as long as the essential parts to make it work are there. And instructions or atleast a list of what you could upgrade would be nice for those like me who don't know jack about the 2.2 engine.
But if MSD coil packs were offered along with a good set of wires I would probably get those too because I would upgrage eventually anyway. By the looks of this two kits would be best to offer, a basic one that just gets the thing working, and one with MSD parts. Or maybe you could offer the basic package and then people could add other things as they see fit from a list of available parts your offering. Kinda like building a computer online, you can choose what to add or upgrade.

I was thinking along the same lines... custom built kits for each person... IF we do it that way it WILL extend the time frame in which these will ship out due to us having to order parts.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:00 AM
Wrench Monkey, I will send you pics of what I have tonight. I was just told what I have should be just plug and play. I bought my setup from another org member, nothing I setup myself

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:08 AM
That would be great.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:11 AM
i figure ill just upgrade later when i have boost to msd coils and wires...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:24 AM
Well, I've been reading this post for a while now and...Im loving it!

Im 100% def. interested in doing this mod. I hate the GM stock set up on 2.4L and eats gas bad. My Celica's gas mileage is 2x better than my Cav. I would go with MSD coils and MSD wires. Most of the time, when it comes to modding a motor, I dont do anything half-assed, or at least I try not to. Im very anal about having reliable transportation. Granted, I have other transportation at home, but I love my Cavalier and I want to use it as much as possible and not worrying about something breaking down on me in the middle of nowhere.

Can't wait to see what is offered when you get everything together and the prices for em.

STUFF FOR SALE... Please click here and see more info...
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:29 AM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:I really don't care what it comes with as long as the essential parts to make it work are there. And instructions or atleast a list of what you could upgrade would be nice for those like me who don't know jack about the 2.2 engine.

I was thinking the same exact thing, offer the base kit with stock replacement stuff. then offer upgrades with the wires, coils, and such. personally I would want a base kit with no wires just to keep it cheap. if you offer it for under $100 then I think you will get buyers, well me at least.

View my MySpace
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:35 AM
firebug wrote:

I was thinking the same exact thing, offer the base kit with stock replacement stuff. then offer upgrades with the wires, coils, and such. personally I would want a base kit with no wires just to keep it cheap. if you offer it for under $100 then I think you will get buyers, well me at least.

Trust me im trying to keep it under 100 but it will be tough.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:48 AM
Wrench monkey I'm also very intriqued by this concept. I looked into doing this quite some time ago but couldn't find any info on it and to be honest i'm not all that great with wiring, i despise it lol. I will buy my own parts that would be needed, seeing im looking at huge boost numbers come spring and huge hp I will definately want to get this done. The stock coil pack I know will not hold up in higher rpms as well as the whole heat soak issue. Anyways would you be able to send me a PM just giving me a bit more detail on what I would need to do to make this work on my 99? Like I said i'll buy all the parts and all myself but I need a decent writeup or wiring schematic to go off. It would be greatly appreciated

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search