Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 24 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:57 PM
I was just a little confused because you said...

blackbirdracing wrote:TUNE...

Must have gone lean = boom.

I'll pull it apart this week sometime.

Ran a 12.9 broke half track and coasted.

I have no signiture

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:38 PM
Again a good try and trying to get me to lash out Ryan. Good to see that even you can't grow up.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:09 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
wrote:watching yes... leanest I saw was 12:1, but I dont know where spark was and EGTs...

numbers change so quickly...

I will vouch for Curt when we were tuning I saw nothing more than the 11.8-ish

I did not touch the boost controller and it was pushing 16.1# of boost.

He says I dont have any more than 16 degrees of timing at WOT.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:44 PM
something caused .... only major adjustment was the tune... and for it to detonate like it did...........

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:51 PM
Not that you'd know what you're looking at Vince, but I'd be happy to email you the tune, then you could send it along to someone who actually would be able to interpret it for you down in STL.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:53 PM
Something that wasn't mentioned was the attempted addition of a MSD...the box was fried. There was more than one major adjustment from when I last touched the car as well...like an entire new motor, a new turbo, new injectors, but yeah Vince nothing major changed or anything.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:27 PM
Skunk wrote:Not that you'd know what you're looking at Vince, but I'd be happy to email you the tune, then you could send it along to someone who actually would be able to interpret it for you down in STL.

you mean a real tuner?

but you are right, I cant tune, and that doesnt bother me. I can drive and wrench, no need for me to do it all by myself. I never claimed to be a tuner. I dont claim to do something that I'm not good at. I admit it up front if I cant.

Skunk wrote:.like an entire new motor, a new turbo, new injectors, but yeah Vince nothing major changed or anything.

didnt you tune for this stuff though? or are you saying, you didnt tune it after the built motor was put in, or the bigger turbo, or the new injectors, you tuned it and then he did all that stuff?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:36 PM

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:35 PM
Skunk wrote:Something that wasn't mentioned was the attempted addition of a MSD...the box was fried. There was more than one major adjustment from when I last touched the car as well...like an entire new motor, a new turbo, new injectors, but yeah Vince nothing major changed or anything.

Whoa...wait.... Travis didn't have you tune it after the 20G? I'm not surprised it popped.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:21 PM
Gah, I had missed so many postings. Seems my email notes got all screwy. Anyway, I'm looking forward to another meet AND I should have my trunk back later this week. No more red and rust as well as CF.

And Skunk, hope you'll be able to make one. Be good to see ya again.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:40 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:but you are right, I cant tune, and that doesnt bother me.

Wait you don't know how to tune a car? Thats perfect! Just start charging to tune people cars anyway and then tell everyone your awesome. If you blow a motor, well, f-it, it's not your motor so it's not your problem.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:52 PM
That's exactly what I mean. Every car I've tuned has been as a result of someone asking for my help. I do the best I can. I'm no professional, but I do have a pretty good resume when it comes to this stuff. Travis's car is the blip on my radar. It's the ONLY car out of about 25 that has had issues. It baffles the hell out of me why his car...the most simple setup I've ever touched also has the most issues I've ever experienced as well. Our first attempt at a tune almost 2 years ago resulted in fried spark plugs back then. We went back to a mostly stock tune and that's how the car ran pretty good until Travis decided to turn up the boost without having the tune adjusted. It seems like the same thing happened again. We don't know what caused it back then, and are unsure of what happened this time as well. The possibility of a malfunctioning wideband has entered into my mind on countless instances with this car. Especially in light of recent events. I cannot be responsible for someone else's equipment not functioning properly. I'm not using that as an excuse, simply airing something that's been on my mind since my conversations with Travis over the last couple weeks.

The tune that is in his car now has the constant adjusted for the injectors and has more fuel added where it's needed, pulled 5 degrees of spark out of the tune. Adjusted the PE down to 2800 rpm engagement, the commanded afr is 11.0:1. Explain where there's an issue with anything there? I could literally post up every change I made and maybe someone better than me can point out the mistakes, but with the afr running solid in the mid to high 11's when we tuned it, there was no need to question it. Although, now questioning the accuracy of the wb02 has crept into my mind and has me extremely intrigued.

I have never charged Travis a dime to tune his car. He has bought lunch, that's about the extent of the payment I've received.

All of the upgrades aside from the failed MSD install were done prior to the tune, but I believe the car was driven on said upgrades for a few weeks before the tune could be adjusted to them. Travis can verify this as I'm not 100% sure how long he had it running before he brought it to me.

Vince - I really hold no grudge so the argumentative nature of your posts is not needed. We can discuss this issue like adults. I've already agreed to go down to St. Charles and help Travis out on Thursday night when he plans on ripping into the motor. He and I also spoke tonight and I made one thing very clear...I'm not mad about his frustration, I would feel the same way and I want to do what I can to help get to the bottom of the source of the issues on his car. I hope you can understand, I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm simply defending myself at this point. I'm not exactly your biggest fan, but I have learned to let things go. I've said some pretty uncalled for things in the past and for those I sincerely apologize. I'm not trying to make friends, just trying to settle a grudge that really shouldn't exist anymore.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:13 PM
Skunk wrote:

Vince - I really hold no grudge so the argumentative nature of your posts is not needed. We can discuss this issue like adults. I've already agreed to go down to St. Charles and help Travis out on Thursday night when he plans on ripping into the motor. He and I also spoke tonight and I made one thing very clear...I'm not mad about his frustration, I would feel the same way and I want to do what I can to help get to the bottom of the source of the issues on his car. I hope you can understand, I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm simply defending myself at this point. I'm not exactly your biggest fan, but I have learned to let things go. I've said some pretty uncalled for things in the past and for those I sincerely apologize. I'm not trying to make friends, just trying to settle a grudge that really shouldn't exist anymore.

then own up to you tuning my car to the reason my air bag module woudlnt communicate with the BCM or ECU due to having a different VIN number on it, IE, Camron's VIN. Which in turn, blocked my airbag module since it wouldnt communicate at all and locked it out.... fyi, airbag module is $350, then it has to be programmed with a tech-2. was quoted $500ish from the dealership.

to settle some of the grudge, give me my $100 back for the credits I paid you since my OWN cable was right there and could have been used with zero issues to tune my car. There was a reason I bought that cable, but then to have to pay you for credits on top of that was way uncalled for.... pay that and that fixes the start of the problem.

travis buys you lunch and gets tuned, i had to pay you for credits and tune....

this is in no way a reflection on travis, he is a good guy...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:26 AM
Alright guys, could we keep the banter in pm's or a different thread? so we can get this thread back on track and not locked........

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:58 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Alright guys, could we keep the banter in pm's or a different thread? so we can get this thread back on track and not locked........

Keep it out of the chicago meet thread

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:01 AM
How long did I drive my 01 on the 04's VIN and not have a problem? The 01 had it's factory body and air bag module and the 04's engine harness. Essentially what happens when you change the VIN in the pcm. How many other eco swapped cars still have the factory bcm and air bag module with different VINs in the PCM? There's even a 99 and a 01 Camaro rolling around here, both have the same VIN because the guy didn't want to spend the extra money for a SD tune on both cars so he unlocked it on one then wrote the VIN to the other. He's not having any issues either. Your argument holds about the same amount of water now as it did then...NONE. I've told you this before Vince, that was not a result of switching the VIN. When something goes wrong in a car it's easier to place the blame on someone else, than accept fault or possibly accept that it was a manufacturing flaw. I'm not saying it was something you did Vince, just saying that there is no proof that changing the VIN will cause that issue.

If it was such an issue why not say something to me at Cordova 2 years ago? Why not confront me about the situation then? More so, why are you still holding onto that? I mean I was a little busy keeping your hood off your windshield and being a craptastic driver, but there was plenty of downtime where you could have mentioned it. Phil, Qwibby, still owes me money for a turbo kit. Does that mean I should be mean and hateful towards him? No, I let it go, he was on hard times and I just wrote it off. I could care less. I'm going to do what I can to help Travis. He was a man about the situation. You dodged it for over 2 years.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:11 AM
So yeah........meet maybe early June? Maybe the 4th or 5th, just throwing some dates out there.

Dave

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:57 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:So yeah........meet maybe early June? Maybe the 4th or 5th, just throwing some dates out there.

Dave

Sounds good to me. Same time? 2ish?

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:32 PM
Ok real quick, Thank you for keeping the bickering out of this thread. I dont want this locked because of the arguments you guys want to have. I do understand that there is some bad blood between Vince, Ryan, And Curtis. I have only met one of the three and it was Ryan (darkstars) and you were cool with me so i have no beef with you, nor do I have any said beef with any of the other guys. It was very unfortunate what happened to Travis's motor because i know he spent a ton of money and time in it, and to me was pure badass-ness when he came to the meet. Travis, your a great guy and i hate to see this happen to you, especially the stories you tell at the meets, ie:IS THAT YOUR MOM?!. That was great. I hope you get it figured out and get her back on the road because its a great car. Im not gonna pick sides at all because i know squat about tuning and turbos but whatever the reason, it needs to be figured out so it wont happen again. Travis, i know a guy that owns a shop and does a ton of tuning that me and my partner send all of our stuff too to be tuned and he does a great god and hasnt had anything go wrong with a tune, lmk if u want his info, its kinda pricey but he tunes till its done no matter how long it takes and he owns a dyno so the car will be dyno tuned. Not saying anything bad about you curtis, but just offering another avenue if he chooses. Either way Travis, were all friends here (well most of us are ) and im sure almost anyone that u met at the meet would be more then willing to help out if they can.

Now with that book outta the way, yeah those dates work fine, just one question, should i pick up Travis

Edited: Because I have fat fingers and my phone hates me lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:49 PM

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:43 PM
June 4th works for me.

Jeff mentioned karting, which I think is a great idea. This would be a nice change of pace. I still think we should consider Quad Cities sometime this summer/fall like we talked about before, though.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:28 PM
[quote=Mike Z A., just one question, should i pick up

Your funny, you @!#$er...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:33 PM
Quote:

blackbirdracing wrote:[quote=Mike Z A., just one question, should i pick up

Ok, 1 u fail at Quoting

and 2. Im loved at least

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:34 PM

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:51 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Quote:

Ok, 1 u fail at Quoting

and 2. Im loved at least
Says the guy who failed at quoting and had to edit it!! lmao, nice Mike!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:52 PM
Wow, that makes 3 fails in a row, from 3 diff people! What's going on w/ JBO tonight?? lol

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:52 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Quote:

Ok, 1 u fail at Quoting

and 2. Im loved at least

Quote:

Says the guy who failed at quoting and had to edit it!! lmao, nice Mike!

Says you again failing at quoting!!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:53 PM
BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA I am actually sitting here laughing my ass off!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

EDIT: And damn you Rebel, YOU JUST HAD TO CATCH IT HUH?!!?!?! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:55 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search