Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 29 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, June 13, 2011 7:53 AM
Travis- again thanks for the parts man i really appreciate it.

Mike- Cant wait to see the vert with '03 stuff on it, Im sure it looks awesome tho.

Within the next 2-3 weeks I should be getting my '02 trunk painted and put back on with my toyota lights.....cannot wait. Next on the list parts wise is the lower engine mount and a shift plus.

Dave

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:40 AM
Mike, yeah, my idea was to make a hole in that support leg that the clip goes on and use a screw and washer through the hole to keep them in place.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Monday, June 13, 2011 2:24 PM
Geez. Ok it seems I just cannot win this month with this car. First I get the body fixed and get the 03 stuff on it and it looks killer, and I was happy with the car. Today I go to put the top down and nothing. It will move foreward but not back, I think the relay is shot. So I firgure no biggie ill play with it when I get home and see what I can figure out. But then I get to work and the damn engine is knocking. Great. So now I'm on the lookout for a wrecked 03 or newer with a spending limit of 600 for my eco swap. This blows. I finally start getting excited about my car again and this @!#$ happens. Damnit. Eh oh well. If you guys come acorss a car like that, idc how bad the wreck is, I just want the engine, trans, computer and engine harness, PLEASE let me know. I need one asap and well have no choice at the moment and I will not be installing another LD9. Thanks guys.

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:11 PM
Are you sure Eli hasn't been around your pad lately Mike?

Monday, June 13, 2011 5:34 PM
Lol I know he has something to do with this, now to just prove he came to my house and sabatog'd (sp??) my LD9 lol!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:54 AM
Dam that stinks mike, I'll keep an eye out if I see anything I'll call you.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:16 AM
Thanks Jeff. Well, I did some work on her last night. I replaced the relay for the top and that works fine, and I did a oil change in her and used 10-40 oil and it seemed to quiet it down a little but not all the way. Also when I pulled the oil plug and there were a ton of shavings on the plug. So its not looking good. But I'm going to drive it till she dies. I am just gonna wait till I find a cheap or wrecked 03 cavalier/sunfire for the ecotec engine. I already made a post on craigslist. So hopefully I get a bite. We shall see. Hopefully this engine lasts till I can get a doner car.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:08 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Thanks Jeff. Well, I did some work on her last night. I replaced the relay for the top and that works fine, and I did a oil change in her and used 10-40 oil and it seemed to quiet it down a little but not all the way. Also when I pulled the oil plug and there were a ton of shavings on the plug. So its not looking good. But I'm going to drive it till she dies. I am just gonna wait till I find a cheap or wrecked 03 cavalier/sunfire for the ecotec engine. I already made a post on craigslist. So hopefully I get a bite. We shall see. Hopefully this engine lasts till I can get a doner car.

buy all my eco @!#$. ive got a fully body harness and engine harness and other crap. all you really need is the engine, engine harness, fuel rail, upper mount, some other bs. only thing i cant sell ya is a trans. ive got a motor thats in my basement that needs a head.

i at least know i have the fuel rail, engine wiring harness, a TTR upper ecotec mount, injectors. really i think you would only need the motor and trans and thats it

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:12 PM
Ok quick update. I got the eco swap stuff already and ill have it by me next weekend. My buddy I work with is selling me everything for cheap so I jumped all over it. Soooo, who is gonna be bored next weekend and wants to come over and bs around while the vert gets the MUCH needed Eco swap lol

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:09 PM
Which weekend is that you speak of Mike?

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:41 PM
If all goes well and my guy gets it out of his car, then the weekend of the 25th ill be doing heart surgury on my babi

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:59 PM
I doubt I'd be able to get the day off.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:01 PM
I doubt I have anything going on the 25th. Give me a call sometime if you still have my number, Mike.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:37 PM
I work both friday and saturday that weekend, im off at 5 tho. Sunday I shouldnt be working. So if anything depending on when you start this project I could stop by after work or something.

Dave

Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:50 AM
well, as its looking I may be able to start the project next weekend. Im finding out a few more things to make sure i wont need anything else. If all goes right ill be into it next weekend. If not ill be into it the weekend after next. But ill keep u guys posted.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:19 AM
i wish i could help but i will be in MN by then. got a big track event that i go to every year with my buddies.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:58 PM
Its all good man. But I will be talking to u tho about those ecotec parts. Since this motor and trans are coming out of a malibu it has the electric throttle and possibly electric power steering. So I may need to grab that wire harness and a couple other things u have. Ill figure it out soon. I may just come by u with a few bucks and take some stuff as a just incase thing bc u will be gone next weekend. Either way I got ur number so we will talk.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:06 PM
What year Mailbu is it? If it's newer than 05, I'm pretty sure all Gen2 ECO blocks use a 60-2 trigger wheel and COP ignition. If that's the case, you'd need an external trigger wheel and a wasted spark ignition from an 02-05 L61.

I have no signiture
Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:08 PM
You're also going to need a trans to go with that engine, and I'm not sure if the 4t45e is a bolt-up / plug-n-play affair.

I have no signiture
Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:33 PM
Well I know for a facct its not newer then 05, its either a 04 or 05. Its the malibu just before they redid them and the malibus that also included the MAXX body style. Not the classic tho. From what I read and looked up, until 05 will work. I think I may need a diffrent harness and pcm but I'm not sure. Ill have to see it when it gets yanked. The trans and engine are supposedly the same in the malibus till 05 so I think I'm good. I did read that in 07 they changed the crank trigger so I made sure ill be ok. Worse case senario I get the harness and pcm from gmanz24 (gary) and use that. No worries tho. Its just going to depend on when this guy can get it out of the car. Hopefully he gets a light under his rear and does some work. If not I'm going to be waiting on him to get it out before I even start to pull my engine.

Friday, June 17, 2011 12:33 AM
oh, well i guess u know about the crank wheels, i pm'd you before i read this thread. lol. hopefully it is the correct one! get that bish eco'd!!!

Friday, June 17, 2011 3:06 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:oh, well i guess u know about the crank wheels, i pm'd you before i read this thread. lol. hopefully it is the correct one! get that bish eco'd!!!

I'm workin on it, I'm workin on it!! Hopefully this guy gets it out or gets me the whole car. Eitherway I'm hoping this gets done before the next meet, so I can pop the hood, and enjoy the Eco goodness am I a LD9 traitor, sure. There decent motors I just want the Eco lol. So soon my friends it will be on!

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:30 PM
Lol the guy who at last years meet who wanted nothing close to and eco....ends up with and eco. Hopefully you will get that engine/trans soon. Just an update on my car I got my '02 trunk and toyota lights on....going in for paint on monday.

Dave

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:07 PM
Lol I know right dave! And that's sexy. Can't wait to see paint. Its cool tho, ill have a good engine, and me and my buddy already are pricing out ways to reach a lot of power in it. We figured out what a lot of people are doing wrong (he has been boosting car for the better part of about 8-9 years so he knows his stuff) and were gonna go a little diffrently. Were gonna shoot for the 400-450 range in hp. It shall be fun!! Bwahahahahha

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:12 PM
Those are some pretty lofty power goals there mike. Im curious as to what everyone is doing wrong besides trying to turn econo box grocery getter grandma cars into fast cars lol I thought you were gonna go with a M62 setup?

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search