Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 37 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:35 PM
I doubt I'll be able to make it since I work till 6 PM, but I'll look into it though.

Matt, please PM me the address or nearest intersection so I can plug it into Google maps or my GPS.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:51 AM
Tonight's the night!!! Hopefully I'll see you all there! Remember, when you get there just head inside and ask for Matt (that's me) or Mark (my boss). we'll have it all set up and I'll be showing up around 6! and remember, guaranteed discounted food, possibly free food and drink (if I can convince my boss lol)
Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:32 AM
Matt, ill be there about 6ish, just look for the white vert with a black 03 front end. I'm also trying to get my partner to bring one of our shop cars out and do some promoting for the shop but we will see. Either way ill be there.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:05 AM
matt you know i got the supercharger setup if you are interested still. im still on the fence for selling it.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:57 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Matt, ill be there about 6ish, just look for the white vert with a black 03 front end. I'm also trying to get my partner to bring one of our shop cars out and do some promoting for the shop but we will see. Either way ill be there.

Promoting for a shop is perfectly ok, hell if you've got a place that'll slap my boss's downpipes on he'll love you FOREVER (no place will do it cuz he's a cat-less 335i) and Gary, you know I wanna be boosted soooooooooooo freaking bad I just need the money for the parts... lol
Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:17 PM
Honestly though, I'd rather be S/C since it's a true bolt-on affair and I consider myself a novice in the boost market. Also, way less issues IMO (cheaper too!)
Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:51 PM
Thanks for all who came up =) still a small little car meet, but we're growing and we did have some interesting/impressive rides show up! Hell, I think the food alone is a reason to come up lol but we do this every Thursday so if any other jbody guys wanna come up (in your jbody or not) you're more than welcome too!
Friday, August 12, 2011 5:47 AM
It was actually a great time. It was nice to meet everyone. And the food, ohhhhh, thay was good . Hopefully ill be able to make it to another one, but I'm dead today bc I'm freakin pooped. But good time nonetheless haha. Def gotta do it again.

Monday, August 15, 2011 1:01 AM
Im probably going to make it this week hope to see some j's there!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:49 PM
Well, we "might" be there again. My partners loved the food. So we maybe showing up again. Im not 100% sure tho, so dont quote me on it. But ill keep ya posted if we do. It was a good time.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:55 PM
Wont be able to make it, moving back to school this week got to much crap to pack and move lol. But we still planning on doing something the 27th?

Dave

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:43 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:But we still planning on doing something the 27th?

I was

I have no signiture
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:25 PM
I won't make the meet now since I have something else planned for that day. Hope a good number show up.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:38 AM
Any cruises or anything Friday or Saturday?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:50 AM
On Friday I plan on being at the Dog 'N Suds on US-12 in Richmond, IL. I did have a pamphlet of shows and events in the greater Chicago area, but it seems it has disappeared.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:34 PM
Darkstars- Saturday nights at the bouna beef just off throndale they have a show there., Friday nights are downtown Downers Grove, and I think Downtown Lombard is Saturdays as well.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:18 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Darkstars- Saturday nights at the bouna beef just off throndale they have a show there., Friday nights are downtown Downers Grove, and I think Downtown Lombard is Saturdays as well.
Its a great show. It used to be at Woodfire Grill but moved to Bouna Beef. The show is run by the Vodo Kings. ( Rat rods)

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:22 PM
Edward Trainor wrote:Its a great show. It used to be at Woodfire Grill but moved to Bouna Beef. The show is run by the Vodo Kings. ( Rat rods)

Voodoo Larry does some great work, he's been in my mags a bunch. But god-dayum does he charge! My buddy told me Larry charges $10K to do a chop-top, but that coulda been a lead-sled Merc or something else with a lotta curves. I can't imagine that it'd be 10K to chop something easy like my lil Model A tudor...

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:09 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:
Edward Trainor wrote:Its a great show. It used to be at Woodfire Grill but moved to Bouna Beef. The show is run by the Vodo Kings. ( Rat rods)

Voodoo Larry does some great work, he's been in my mags a bunch. But god-dayum does he charge! My buddy told me Larry charges $10K to do a chop-top, but that coulda been a lead-sled Merc or something else with a lotta curves. I can't imagine that it'd be 10K to chop something easy like my lil Model A tudor...
They do good work though.

Friday, August 19, 2011 1:50 PM
anyone got an ecotec head that i could buy, l61 or lsj, needs to be complete

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:13 AM
So looks like Im going to start buying some parts to get going on my exhaust. Its going to be 2.5" all the way back consisting of these components- resonator, muffler, high flow cat, LSJ header. My one question I have is whether or not Ill be able to fit the resonator and cat under the car (lengthwise). The resonator is 28" and the cat is 11" (I want as little rasp as possible). I would just measure myself but my car is still at home and Im at school. Any help would be sweet. Also Im still down for meeting up and doing something on the 27th.

Dave

Monday, August 22, 2011 7:33 PM
Don't forget that with the lsj header you need to mod the downpipe from what I've read...but a 28 in res should work iirc with a cat. Is the lenght of 28 from end to end or just the main body of the res? I can't get the link to work on my cell ar work.

Monday, August 22, 2011 7:54 PM
Yea I knew about the downpipe for the header, Im going to get the exhaust put on with my stock one for now then later get the header installed. Yup the overall length of the resonator is 28" with the case portion being 23". I read somewhere that the 28" one with a cat would fit but it would just barely fit. I want to keep the cat to help cut down on rasp since I dont have the s/c parts yet. Once I get the s/c on I might dump the cat and put a larger resonator on instead.

Dave

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:32 PM
When I redid the exhaust on my car the first time I think I cut the ends down to 1/2 inch on the res and cat and just miged them together for clearance. I'll post a pic later if i still have them on my desktop.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:25 PM
It's been such a long time that I don't remember for sure, but I'm almost certain my magnaflow resonator is 28" end to end... and I also have a magnaflow cat in front of it as well.

I have no signiture
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search