Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 39 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:05 PM
hey @!#$s....

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:31 PM
What's up loser?

I have no signiture
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:43 AM
not a whole lot, you finally get that Z turbo'd yet?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:11 AM
iGTP wrote:not a whole lot, you finally get that Z turbo'd yet?

Almost... It should be done before winter hits, but I'm also seriously considering getting an NB Miata soon, so we'll see.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:37 PM
NB? New body? If you get the Miata can we go for rides together with the top down? I'll wear a scarf!

All dickhead comments aside, would you be selling the J to get said Miata? Miata for AutoX? I would love to be able to afford a weekend project car....but bills and a big @!#$head G6 stand in my way of fun

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:19 PM
The Miata will be a second car. "NB" is the second gen mx5 that went from 99' to 05'.

And to answer your question, yes we can go for a ride, but don't worry about bringing your own scarf. I'm pretty sure every Miata comes with a scarf and a pair of hot pants as standard equipment.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:21 PM
Oh...and we should hang out again sometime.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:21 PM
Agreed, I'll be in Joliet for most of the weekend claybar/waxing the G for a photo shoot. Any plans?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:23 PM
I'm heading up to Michigan Thursday with some buddies and won't be back until Monday

I have no signiture
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:32 PM
Damn! We'll figure something out.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:34 PM
Hey guys, I really need your help. The guy who bought my Yellow 02 LSS from me is putting her back up for sale. Here are the details, 39XXX miles, two bb dents on passenger side door, needs tires, needs battery, needs corner lights (he lost one while driving it), auto, Ecotec. Now he cought it from me for 4300 about 4-5 years ago with 36000 miles aprox. Now, I wanna make him a cash offer, and im not sure what I can offer him. Its still a baby, and I really do want her back, so I can stop regretting selling her. I figured anything around 3-4000 should be okay. Do you guys think I should offer him less or what?? Thanks guys. I hope I can get her back. I miss that damn car, and it still looks the same way I sold it to him years ago. he bought it from me in 06-07ish maybe even earlier then that. Just some minor fixes then she can be 100% again. Do you guys think I should or just walk away. I know if I get this one back, im going to stop modding the vert and just stick with that one, and keep the vert for a DD. May even return the suspension to stock. I dont think ill sell the vert tho, since I got the engine swap and such in her now, but it would be nice to have my baby back

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:07 PM
Mike, if it was me, I'd buy it back - maybe offer $3G's and see what he counters at. I'd fix it back up to make it look good again (the dents, corner light, etc) and leave it as is. Mod the hell outta the vert and keep the yellow 02 as the "special car" lol.

I wish I could find my old 87 Firebird and get it back! But by now (almost 10 years!! oi) it's probably beat to @!#$ anyway - I had it in 02/03ish with 67K on the ticker! Traded it in with 69K.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:36 AM
Mike I'd get the yellow car for dd and build the vert. you dont see any boosted verts......then I'd swap your vert to 5 speed and buy my blower seriously though If I could get my 86 caprice coupe back i would do it in a heart beat and get rid of the dakota sport with the 5.9 swap and fresh engine. Then swap a 5.3 ls and 4l60e in it and drive the wheels off it. I miss it everytime I see a box coupe or sedan.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:08 AM
Whats up Illinois People im in aurora for work im meeting some people today but if anyone is free on Thursday and close hit me up.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:39 AM
I would do whatever you could to buy your old one back, and if you could get it for 3-4 in cash even better. IMO that would be a sweet deal given the mods on the car and how low of miles it has. Get that car back to a good home asap.

Dave

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:45 PM
Hi Evan, unfourtunatly I work 3rd shift so I won't be free but would've liked to check out yout auto mp62. I've always been curious about how much room is under the hood with an auto.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:34 PM
Hi evan!! Lol, I would love to meet up but I work my normal job and in my shop afterwards so ill be busy as usual.

And I spoke to my girl and she's all for it. Just gotta see if I can swing a deal with the guy for the car. I won't dd her, as she means to much to me, but don't get me wrong I love my vert but my yellow car ment a lot more to me since it was my first real j. And who knows maybe turbo setup on the yellow j and a super'd vert and I still have a eco-vert and a LSS, and a LD9. So I have most of the motorsthat have some potential lol. Ill keep u guys posted!!! Thanks!!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:53 AM
I work and live in Aurora (by the Fox Valley Mall). I get off work around 5.

I have no signiture
Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:37 PM
Okay, I will need to know who is going to be attending the Green Street Cruise Night this Monday September 26th by this Friday/Saturday so I can let the organizer know how many spots to reserve.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:33 PM
Well, spoke to the guy today, and he agreed on 3500!!! So not a bad deal. im actually going tmo to pick her up!! Im so happy, i cant believe after all this time im buying her back. Tmo will be a wonderful day.

And Mack, ill probably be there. Since Ill have my yellow car back, and I may have my girl take off work and drive my vert out. Not sure on that yet, but ill 95% be there with my yellow car.

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:34 PM
Okay Mike, any word on the other Mike coming with the STI at all?

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:51 PM
Doubtful. It will more likely just be me. ill talk to Ted tmo and see if he wants to bring the STI

Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:26 AM
Nice to hear your getting your car back Mike.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:42 AM
I hope to be there as well MIke, Im hoping I can get out of class early enough to be there around 530 or 6. I really want to check out the yellow car. Oh btw my car will probably be dirty as poo, wont have time to give it a bath lol.

Dave

Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:28 PM
Well, I'll see all who are able to make Green Street Cruise night tomorrow. I'll be there around 4 PM and for those who can make it, best time is around 4 to 5 PM.

See ya there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search