CT/RI meet neone? - Page 6 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CT/RI meet neone?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:05 PM
Sooo did I skim too fast, or do we still not have a tentative date set? I really want to go!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:37 AM
We don't have an exact date set yet, mostly because of the dyno situation. I still didn't get through but I only called a couple times. We are shooting for the second weekend in April; hopefully you'll still be able to make it. Once we figure out a dyno we'll be able to plan to meet in that area.

01sunfire - Thank you very much for helping out! I know we all appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thanks for the website and let us know what they say after you call.

Blown.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:36 AM
bristol dyno looks pretty good, 50 aint bad. im sure if we show up with over 10 cars they will do it even a little cheaper...

why dont we set a date for april 15th? chris call that place and set an appt for a ton of j-bodies... that way is we reserve that day, we can start a new post with topic title "dyno day, bristol ct april 15" get even more attention.. even if ppl dont want to dyno, just chill out all day an get up.. its about time we get a new england meet organized on jbo!

-marc

gettin blown jus wasn't good enuff.. snailed @ 6psi
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:44 AM
I'm hoping that with around 10 cars we'll be able to get a lower price, we'll have to see what the dyno shop says.

April 15th works for me; its a Saturday (for reference for everyone, its the day before Easter Sunday).

Good idea Marc, we should definitely set up a meet thread to draw more attention. 01sunfire, let us know what the dyno guys say.

Blown.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:09 AM
april 15th is a day i work, april 8th was better

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:11 AM
april 8th or 22nd would work better for me, but i might be able to go the 15th if i work in the morning and the meet is all day. I dont think id be going to the dyno tho

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:06 AM
ill be in the bahama's from the 5-9th so 8th is no good for me.. im not sure easter sunday would bring up too big of trouble for anyone, its only easter...... lets wait an see wat ppl think of the 15th, an if thats no good then the 22nd sounds like the second best thing..

-marc

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:06 PM
The 22nd may/may not be good for me..let's wait and see what the others have to say. I'm hoping we won't set up the meet to be too early in the morning, maybe starting in the early afternoon/afternoon and going into the evening.

Blown.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:17 PM
afternoon to evening sounds good
if im working in the morning on the 15th then i could just drive the half minute from work to the movie parking lot if we have it there lol

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:55 AM
afternoon? guys this is a dyno day lol... not to mention guys who do this type of work on saturdays want to be home by the afternoon... maybe we should just organize a meet an go get dinner somewhere or sumthin, then cruise after...

-marc

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:29 AM
ok guys sorry for the absense, this not getting thru by phone is really starting to suck, ive been working 60-70 + hours for the past two weeks so sorry for the quietness on jbo. but today i have a day off and although im sick im going to go to the dyno again, and see whats up, that is if you guys still even want me to try i know other people are talking about bristol. Going to the body shop next door to see about getting the type j painted, and how much for the rest of the kit and fenders to get painted.... probably more than likely wont be done by the meet, but right after. :-) and im moving into my first apartment with my fiance so things have been really crazy lately. were gutting the whole thing and redoing EVERYTHING, so i added on another 3g to the loan and am finishing my car lol im so bad. anyways i will hopefully get back to you guys asap.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:01 PM
I'm starting to lean towards the Bristol dyno, doesn't seem as isolated from the other Northeast states so once we post up a dyno day in central CT more people might come. I also have a friend that might take advantage of the AWD dyno. If you're going to be near the dyno check anyway, Kevin. It'd be good to compare pricing and what not..but the Bristol dyno seems like the way to go. Is April 15th good for you?

Is April 15th good for everyone?

I'll be bringing two friends along, more than likely.

Blown.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:32 PM
its $50 a car and u get 3 runs i think he said. the first ones are to let the car warm up. i told him it would be about 10 cars and there all cavaliers and sunfires his like ok so a saterday dyno day im like yea. i didnt tell him a day yet.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:56 PM
yay cant waittttttttttttttt toyota cavfire trd gt? PIMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP chris keep me updated bro
Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:23 PM
Any time in April will be fine for me, my kit will just have been put on. And if we get a solid confirmed date, I can get that day off no prob.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:19 PM
Nejbody will be having its first meet in CT on either May 20th or the 21st if your interested in making that your meet.. We usually rent out a park with a big pavilion and dead end parking lot. Has a nice grassy area and things like that.

Think about it... or just come anyways

Friday, March 10, 2006 4:50 PM
Ill probably go to the nejbody meet as well. screw this dyno near me, i knock on the door no on answers, i call no one answers, guess they dont want the buisness too bad. screw them their loss. count me in for bristol. Mid april sounds good to me. will give me time to get my shaved trunk on hopefully.

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:50 PM
well lets pick a date and time so i can call the dyno place back with a date and all the info he will need

Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:01 PM
i dunno, the 15th was brought up a couple times, what does majority think of that, and yes i know not everyones going to be able to make it, but then again theres probably wont be a date that everyone would be able to make it. 15th looks good to me

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:57 PM
As long as we have a date set a few weeks before the actual meet day than I can get it off. Hopefully the 03+ Turbo sport hood I ordered will be made before the meet.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:00 PM
Sorry I've been away guys, I had a hectic couple days moving stuff back home for spring break. The 15th has been suggested and no one has contested it yet, so let's go with the 15th.

Blown.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:04 PM
sounds good to me.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:07 PM
Sounds good to me

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:23 PM
sounds good to me when do you want my to call the place and how many cars?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:46 PM
so if you do the dyno are you gonna do the dyno in the morning and the meet in the afternoon?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search