Lets put togther a list... - Page 3 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Lets put togther a list...
Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:56 PM
That would be fine . All four would be great .Let me know how to pay you paypal or Postal money oreder what ever works for you.
Thank you
Keith

[IMG]

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:37 PM
Paul,

l got the console today. I did however break the plastic part that bolts to the basic factory console. It should be able to be epoxied back together, The front trim piece that goes around the trip/millage /service counter was already cracked.

See the pictures at this link. ( https://picasaweb.google.com/84conv/PaulSConsole?authkey=Gv1sRgCPHygK7_2sPbQA#5709869705092506882 )

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:24 PM
John- I sent you a PM.

Keith - Your car looks fantastic, and somewhat familiar

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:35 PM
paypal works for me, i'll send you a pm after i get them with the total and my papal addy

Friday, February 17, 2012 10:45 AM
Thanks Paul And Mark that works for me.

[IMG]
Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:26 PM
Ok John Masson here is door #1 packed up tight double boxed on the ends and two rolls of big bubble wrap around the door,plus big foam pieces stuck on the front at hinges three pieces on bottom and two on the back key lock end.I placed the foam on first wrapped the sh!@ out of it with the bubble to hold it on,cut box down to size,tight fit and bubbled over the top of the mirror point alot.Measurements are length 58,width is 13in,and 33 in tall.She weighs in at about 95lbs on my home scale.It gained a touch over just the door weight of about 55lbs but,I want it to get there in tact not beat up.They will be shipped upright and buckled together def on a pallet.Now round two with next door when I get more bubble wrap and take the time to mod the even bigger box I have and same technique for it.And went thru like 5 rolls of tape but only a 1.00 per roll thank walmart for low cost on that.So that was my update aside from other things I did today as well.

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:56 AM
The side shot reminds me of a Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars...

Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:20 PM
Looks like a Christmas present to me.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 8:12 PM
Yeah it is a big azz present for some guy on this site wanting some silly rust free doors or something.Looks like a spring suprise minus all the bows and silly wrapping paper.And heavy lifting is required.This guy will be sorta happy hope he has time to cut thru all the tape to get in this box ONE of fun bc box TWO might be similar and soon to be in a similar appearance.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 7:59 PM

I got this Cav a little while back and the hatch shattered on me when the lifting shocks stuck and twisted the glass, im also in need of a transmission, i have the 2.0 in it with the 4 spd stick, if anyone could help that would be great
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:06 PM
oh i also need new emblems, you can kind of see in the bottom pic that part of the passenger side rear on is broken, as you can also see the edging is coming off from around the rear window, it has that going on both sides

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:11 PM
Joey, kind of jealous of that car! If you weren't in cali, id be knocking on your door to make an offer!

87 Cavalier 400.9" SBC 9.286@143 NA.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:14 PM
thanks man, i actually got really lucky with it, its actually my first car ive had on the road, got it for $650 and drove it home, the white front end i had to put on cause the guy who had it smashed into someone but no major damage
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:35 PM
Well joey good luck with that hatch it def needs some tlc for sure.Know as for a four speed trans I have a spare BUT,I am keeping it as a back up for my 85.I know there is a place on the net that sells our trans reconditioned but would have to do some digging to find it again.Still major cool to get that and if you need some interior things or otherwise just post up I may have some in my collection of junkyarding the last yr and loading up on various things.You can check MY post for things I got and is listed finding cool stuff in the pull a part yards or to that degree.Too lazy to link it is in the first page here.Kinda tired after working around the house so no more rambling.Oh on the trans you might come out better pulling it out yourself and take to a GOOD shop for a rebuild over buying used or reconditioned on cost.Just my thought.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:10 PM
ill definitely be looking over your page, and ive been looking at my local yards but having no luck finding any parts at all, i found one engine a month or so ago but it had a auto trans so that didnt really work, id pull the one i have but its my only car and i work 7 days a week between my 2 jobs so i cant afford to have my car down for long, it still drives but refuses to go into first gear
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:28 AM
Just a guess , but is there a chance you might have a shifter problem instead of a tranny issue? These beasties use cables. Both of mine are auto's , but I do remember a thread where John Masson did some engine work, and was having a terrible time getting his linkages synced back up at the end of it. Might just be hopeful wishing, but a warm fuzzy thought that all it could be was a cable out of adjustment.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=28&i=12639&t=12639

Hatchbacks are so, so rare. A Type 10 even more so. I ran into an early twin headlight model recently, and so, so wanted to bring it back, but alas the rust gremlin has spent too much time on it, Upon jacking it up to remove the pass rear wheel, the whole body just caved in and collapsed. Wish I could help you with that hatch -we're about 3k miles apart :-(

Just take your time, and the parts will come . As long as you have a running machine not rusted out , you've got the best worst part out of your way!! Enjoy your Hatch!! I know a bunch of us are green with envy!! :-)

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:02 AM
Mmmm, I have a type 10 emblem. but its the only one i have. i'm quite fond of it. i'll keep an eye out for you though.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:32 PM
Honestly the shifter could be the issue, I'll try adjusting it some and let you know how it goes, also I'm planning to do an engine swap in the next year or so, what engines/ trannys, would you guys suggest? I'm looking for something that would make my type 10 more then a match against these guys with their cookie cutter turbo charged b16 civics that race at the stadium by my house, preferably super charged over turbo, any info would be helpful
Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:58 AM
3.8 s/c might do it. Prolly better off with a 3400 t/c though. 3400 out of a van. Cpu out of an impalla. Dunno where to get the tranny.
Friday, June 08, 2012 11:25 AM
@ Orlen Well I adjusted the cable and it did help some, about half the time now if when I'm stopping I pump the clutch and hold the stick to first when I get down to about 10mph it will drop into first, otherwise it grinds the gear then pops back out and I have to try to force it into second (doesn't want to go into secon d when at a stop, had the issue before the adjustment but now its slightly worse)

@ Aaron that 3400 sounds like it has potential, the main reason I want the s/c over the t/c is the instant response, by the time the turbo build its pressure I could already be wouldn't mind much if it was just when starting off but with it being in every gear its not worth it, say 1/2 second of lag if you go through 5 gears in a 1/4 mile thats an extra 2 1/2 second on y our time
Friday, June 08, 2012 3:37 PM
*could already be gone
Forgot to type a word, sorry about that, brain working faster then fingers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search