Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts - Page 7 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts
Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:51 AM
yeah sorry i didnt read the first post before i posted

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:18 PM
Guys, I know you are getting antsy. Believe me, so am I.

I'm going to repost what I've sent a few of you.

My job has asked me to relocate at the end of the month. I've been spending a lot of time trying to wrap up projects I'm currently working on as well as trying to pack all of my belongings.

Because of this, I've been able to mount the strut mounts to the coilovers but have not had a chance to put them on the vehicle and test them.

Lee is ready to go with the GP as soon as I have made sure the fronts work. In fact, at this point I AM the reason this is being held up.

If I can find time this weekend to install them, I will do so. But I cannot promise anything. What I can say though, is that after I've moved, I will be living in a house with a 2 car garage all to myself. I'll have no excuse not to get it done!

Of course, if anyone wants to come help me pack or install them on my car, you're more than welcome to.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:32 PM
ZGood luck with the move Muffin, just one question though, about how much is the price going to be in the GP for both the front and the rears?

Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:33 PM
So I had a few minutes to tinker with the car this holiday weekend... well, rather I decided to do something other than sleep or work.

I made it over to the storage unit, got the car up on stands, removed the front suspension, and went to install the coilovers. I had the springs, struts mounts, struts, and the things that screw onto the strut to adjust where the spring sits (and coincidentally, look like some Spacely Sprockets!).

The only thing missing were the pieces that mount to the steering knuckles that the strut screws into.

Wait... where did I pack them.

CRAP!

I search through the boxes in my storage unit. I manage to find one, but it's partner in crime is no where to be found. I figured it was sitting with some other car parts (including the rest of the bearing pieces that came with the Gravana coilovers) that I had at home. So I install the one for now and plan to come back.

The mount fit with no problems. It lined up perfectly with the OEM Strut mount holes. The strut sit a little higher than I care for, but the hood still closed and there was no sign of it hitting. I have a GM strut bar as well, and my only suggest to anyone with a strut bar who plans to get these mounts is to use a washer under the locknut that HT will provide.

I have pictures, but alas they are on my camera's memory card and it's sitting at home.

I just wanted to update you guys. Hopefully I can find that other piece and mount these suckers to the car, then go for a test drive.

I'm tryin' guys!

Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:50 PM
Nice.

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"
Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:56 PM
SCHWING! And one last time for assurance....these will work w/ any coilover set up right?

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:46 AM
McLovin wrote:SCHWING! And one last time for assurance....these will work w/ any coilover set up right?

They should. Every spring from the 'reputable' coilover manufactures use a 2.5" spring. The differences usually lie in the strut dimensions. The bushing and washer size are dependent on having the right strut diameter/length. That has bee the biggest challenge in getting these "mass produced" for us. It's hard to find people able to measure the strut diameters, and thus far I haven't heard much back from the individual Manufactures.

In other news, I found the last piece needed to mount the Gravana's to my car. They were in the box I used to put my stock tC suspension in after lowering it. Ironically, the box was a Tokiko D-spec box from a recent suspension drop I helped with. And, of course, the box was in the very back corner of my storage unit, on the very bottom.

I assembled and installed the coilover's last night. If/when you get these, make sure you install the mounts/suspension FIRST, THEN install a strut bar. I didn't think to loosen the other side of the bar last night and I had some difficulty lining up the mounts.

I did not get a chance to take it for a drive. It was getting late and the gates were about to be locked in the facility. Hopefully, today or tomorrow I can take it out.

I'll have some pictures up before the end of the day.

Thanks for being patient guys!

Monday, November 26, 2007 12:09 PM
As Promised:

Monday, November 26, 2007 1:24 PM
does your hood close, those adjustment knobs look like they sit up quite high.

Monday, November 26, 2007 1:51 PM
muffin wrote:...
The mount fit with no problems. It lined up perfectly with the OEM Strut mount holes. The strut sit a little higher than I care for, but the hood still closed and there was no sign of it hitting. I have a GM strut bar as well, and my only suggest to anyone with a strut bar who plans to get these mounts is to use a washer under the locknut that HT will provide.

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:51 PM
Pictures > me reading the post.

...my bad. Guess thats what happens when i just look for the pretty pictures.

Can they make those top portions out of a thicker piece of metal to try and take away from such a huge height issue with the adjustment knobs.

...just a thought, thats all.

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:06 PM
well i will be getting all four and installing them on GC's and Yellows.....i cant wait.

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:50 PM
Cody@RDFABS wrote:Pictures > me reading the post.

...my bad. Guess thats what happens when i just look for the pretty pictures.

Can they make those top portions out of a thicker piece of metal to try and take away from such a huge height issue with the adjustment knobs.

...just a thought, thats all.

Well, I haven't addressed the issues with Lee yet. However, I'm sure thicker metal = harder to cut + more expensive in materials = higher cost to you.

Now, there will be additional washers supplied with the mounts so you can stack them under the mount. This will allow the mount to sit higher on the threaded portion of the strut. See below for an example of what I mean:

VS (ignore the fact that these are the rear struts/mounts)

Obviously, the second one will sit higher.

You can see in my pics above that I have very little thread left on the front struts. In fact, I think all of two threads are showing. This is the result of stacking the washers as the above example depicts.

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:37 PM
stacking washers doesnt sound to safe though? Id pay extra for thicker material or even another thin piece welded on there?
Monday, November 26, 2007 7:13 PM
god i want them

send now!!! I have money waiting!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:04 AM
Philly D wrote:stacking washers doesnt sound to safe though? Id pay extra for thicker material or even another thin piece welded on there?

The Gravana's come with a sleeve that fits over the threaded secton, similar in fashion to the washers. While it is one piece, the concept is the same.

I really don't think there'd be a problem since the washers are really not taking any abuse. They are there to allow the mount to sit higher on the strut. Once you tighten the nut down, the forces applied to the strut itself will be sent through the metal and to the polyurethane bushing.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:14 PM
Few things to update.

I've moved almost all my crap. All that's left to do now is drive 3 hours to my new home. Thanks to those who helped, and those who wished me well.

I had a chance to drive the cavy a little bit. I didn't notice any binding whatsoever, and there were no problems turning with these mounts. Sometime in the next day or two I should be able to take another "test drive" as well as inspect the suspension to ensure no problems. Providing there are none, expect to see the GP within a week.

Oh. And I now have a garage to work in. It friggin rocks!

Sunday, December 02, 2007 6:56 AM
How much is it for the front and rear ones for the Gravana set?

Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:34 AM
i'm gonna have to hold off on these for now... cash = short and i may ditch the goldlines in favor of some ground controls.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:40 AM
Im in for a set but again id like a proper space for the front. Something thats setup for whatever your running Wouldnt add much cost but i think would be nice for us ....either way im getting front and backs.
Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:45 AM
only thing that lloks bad is height of strut.....i jsut worry ill bottom out and dent my hood. but of course these mounts are more solid than my rubber stockers so that might not be an issue btu i still worry......otyher than that they look great

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:14 PM
I'm in...for the front and rear.
Monday, December 10, 2007 1:55 AM
Im so in, I've been waiting for the front and rears so I can install my suspension finally.

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:43 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. I'm still without internet except for at work, and the new job is keeping me busy!

Quicksilver41 wrote:How much is it for the front and rear ones for the Gravana set?

I don't know exact numbers, but the ballpark I received is very reasonably priced considering the cost of new mounts from most local chains I've checked.

Philly D wrote:Im in for a set but again id like a proper space for the front. Something thats setup for whatever your running Wouldnt add much cost but i think would be nice for us ....either way im getting front and backs.

I don't think he has the ability to machine such a spacer. That might need to be outsourced to someone else, and would be contingent on each person's set up.

Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:only thing that lloks bad is height of strut.....i jsut worry ill bottom out and dent my hood. but of course these mounts are more solid than my rubber stockers so that might not be an issue btu i still worry......otyher than that they look great

Again, no issues with them hitting my RK extractor. I haven't really done a lot of driving, but I don't see how they would move much. I have pointed this out to Lee though, so I'll let you know what he says.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:10 AM
Waiting......did anyone ever get measurements on the AGX's...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search