Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts - Page 9 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:51 AM
I have a feeling its going to be alot longer before this even happens.......

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:03 AM
It's out of my control guys. I haven't heard from Lee. Bottom Feeder says he doesn't seem interested. Pyre Fyre says he hasn't received a response.

The prices I got were better, but someone would have to convince Lee to do the GP. I have everything written up (which I've forwarded to him), but that's as far as I can go.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:37 PM
So what should we do in order to receive the item? Should we start an online petition? Or would this fight be for a lost cause?

I'm back from the dead.
Currently Driving: RSX Type-S.
My Cavalier Burnt up :-(
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:43 PM
My only suggestion is to attempt to contact him.

muffin wrote:
If some of you would like to try to contact him, here's the link to the site: http://www.heldmotorsports.com/Contact/index.htm

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:32 PM
so if were not willing to wait for the GP, are these still available to order for the original price?
Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:50 AM
I doubt he will even follow through....I've sent him emails in the past and has yet to respond to any of them except for the first one i sent thats it........I would say if you still have the mounts muffin send them to Turbo tech Racing so they can get the specs......they have yet to disapoint me as far as their quality, customer service, and support for the j body comuninty

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:22 AM
Well, thats discouraging to hear.... but I agree wiht JUCNBST, if he won't respond, send those babies to Aaron at TTR, I'm sure he could whip up soemthing thats equal if not better.... he does miracle work for us J's!

Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:24 AM
I just need something better than having rear strut mount machined every 6 months, which I need new ones before spring.

Just wondering has anyone had their mounts go out that weren't lowered? My sunfire is starting to get alot bumpier and starting to sound like the cavy does, you know extra lumber. And the sunfire is still stock and just rolled 23k miles
Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:28 PM
It's a thought... though I'm not sure how long I could go without strut mounts. Plus I wouldn't want to be an accessory to copyright infringement.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:57 PM
Seriously....are those mounts even copyrighted? If the guy wont return a simple email for paying cutsomers I doubt he will take the time to go through the copy write paper work......besides I'm shure ttr would find a why to make them slightly diferent....haha

Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:39 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Seriously....are those mounts even copyrighted? If the guy wont return a simple email for paying cutsomers I doubt he will take the time to go through the copy write paper work......besides I'm shure ttr would find a why to make them slightly diferent....haha

Make them yellow and blue, make the material heat treated steel, and the bushings .0001 larger... no one would ever know!

I'm back from the dead.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:29 PM
Yes send them to ttr..steal a baby..whatever that has to be done to get them done..
Friday, January 25, 2008 3:42 AM
Philly D wrote:Yes send them to ttr..steal a baby..whatever that has to be done to get them done..

Thats the way I see it, they can be redesigned slightly enough to make them a new design..... not that TTR or anyone should commit copyright infringment, ever, but if HT Motorsports aint gonna come through we should hav esomeone who can, do it.

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:43 AM
What struts are you on muff? My cav is sitting in the garage not moving.......I might go as far as taking my strut mounts off and sending them to you to use while TTR takes a look if you were serious....I'm on yellows and Tein springs......Seriously if you want send me a pm....

Friday, January 25, 2008 8:49 AM
haha my strut mounts are so bad. I just don't want to buy OEM replacements for them to just blow out again.

I have never heard so many pops coming from any suspension before.

I'm back from the dead.
Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:02 PM
So are these real or just a waste of bandwidth?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:54 PM
They exist. If you'd like to come to Florida for proof, pm me and I'll give you my address.

If you want a pair, you can try to contact HT Motorsports. I'd advise doing so by phone as it generally received a faster response.

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:57 AM
muffin wrote:They exist. If you'd like to come to Florida for proof, pm me and I'll give you my address.

If you want a pair, you can try to contact HT Motorsports. I'd advise doing so by phone as it generally received a faster response.

Or send the mcmoney mounts to TTR. That would be the way to go

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:26 AM
WOOT!!! Got a hold of him and I ordered a set! He said they would be sent out this week.

I forgot to ask about the group purchase, but he is only charging 95$ for the rears and I need my car fixed. I will post pics when I get them on and good luck to the rest of you.
Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:31 AM
^ let us know how long shipping takes....and how the rest of the install goes....

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:48 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
muffin wrote:They exist. If you'd like to come to Florida for proof, pm me and I'll give you my address.

Or send the mcmoney mounts to TTR. That would be the way to go

Or ask me to remake them

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:45 AM
We will step up to the plate, and manufacture these, however we dont want to step on anyone's "toes" as we are here to support, not make trouble...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:45 AM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:47 AM
Thanks!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:51 AM
hey mcmoney I had seen a set of your camber plates in the classifieds a week or so ago got me wondering would they work on tein basics?

http://members.cardomain.com/yellow05cavy
Friday, February 01, 2008 2:54 AM
Quote:

Or ask me to remake them

Dear McMoney, this is an offical request for you to make more of the camber plates please.

Quote:

We will step up to the plate, and manufacture these, however we dont want to step on anyone's "toes" as we are here to support, not make trouble...

That would be nice too.
Maybe something can be arranged.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search