Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts - Page 5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Introducing: HT Motorsports Rear Strut Mounts
Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:46 PM
yea, but with a normal two inch drop, i dont need camber plates, so these will work just fine for me then im guessing

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:52 PM
the ability to tweak my camber would be nice since a 0* setting would be optimal for drag racing, i'm on a pretty low drop... 3" 3.5" I have no idea... but regardless...

solid mounts in front would be awesome.. I NEED these

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:28 PM
this brings a tear to my eye...... Front mounts and rear mounts o so pretty whats going to be the cost of the fronts and rears combined? and will they work wit Dspecs and road mags? And yes I need this soon before winter hits preferably lol

Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:00 PM
Very interested. How much for all 4 mounts?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:14 PM
yup still interested, lots of others too so how much of a drop in price we lookin (my car bled a bit out of me this summer)

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Friday, October 26, 2007 1:38 AM
OOOOHHHHH, Want Front and rears!!! Ive been waiting to install my new suspension setup (Tokico D-Specs/ Eibach Sportlines) until I could order new strut mounts.

So im defineteely in on the GP. 100% if we can get front and rears!!

Friday, October 26, 2007 7:29 AM
Ok. now that I'm not about to pass out, I can elaborate a little more. Like always, there's good news and bad news.

BAD NEWS:
Strut Diameters. I am going to need to verify the strut diameters of many front struts. I ran into an issue with the Gravana's being a larger front diameter (like most, if not ALL J struts are). I plan to put out emails and phone calls to the major distributors this afternoon. If anyone has a set of struts lying around and can take measurements for me ASAP, let me know.
OEM and regular 4" lowering spring guys: At this time, the design of the front mounts will not work. It appears as though making mounting hats for the stock type springs will be difficult, not to mention expensive. Developing something workable, and cost effective is proving to be a challenge.
This is MY word to you guys:
muffin wrote:I will do everything I can to help facilitate this for you. I have a set of prokits on my car right now. As soon as I can swap them out for my Gravana's, I will look into ideas for making it work. I may also contact some of you whom I believe can offer possible solutions.

I believe the GP will gauge how much interest there is in continuing with the development of the front mounts for you 4" spring guys. If you are holding out to get both pair at once, please understand it may actually hurt the development of your fronts.

GOOD NEWS:
(More) Solid Mounts!. There's (more) solid mounts available for J's. That's good news in and of itself!!!
Prices. I won't mention prices yet, however I think you all will be pleased... especially with the initial GP price
Coilover Guys. Providing your spring is 2.5 inches in diameter, you will be able to pick up a full set of these mounts soon!
GP will be coming within a few days. Yep. That's right! I have a draft made up and am in the process of verifying all information with HT. Hopefully the GP post/setup fee will be ready to go by next week.

Judging by the design, these mounts will actually give you more of a drop over the OEM mounts. Your spring essentially sits on the red urethane busing (rear) or the bearing which sits on the red bushing (front, the silver piece on the mount to the right). The fronts will lower more than the rears, going by what I can remember off the top of my head about the stock mounts. I can't give you exact figures simply because I don't have a spare OEM mount to compare to right now. If I can get ahold of one though, I will try to determine the difference.

For those of you with Gravana's you already know you can tuck tire when you are lowered and adjust the strut body. You might soon be able to lay frame too!

Friday, October 26, 2007 7:46 AM
muffin, i have a spart front gravana coilover lying around that I can throw a veneer on, just let me know in a PM what exactly you want measured. I can take pics as well if needed.

Friday, October 26, 2007 8:15 AM
PJ, that would be great! In fact, I have a few more questions for you regarding the Gravana's too. You'll be getting a PM/AIM message shortly.

I actually tried mounting everything this morning, but realized the supplied washers/bushings were a tad to small. No problem though, already worked that out with Lee.

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:58 AM
sweet

Friday, October 26, 2007 10:13 AM
Let me know if you need measurements for the Tein fronts.
Put me down for a full set of Yellows/2.5" as well.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

Monday, October 29, 2007 3:30 AM
Man the fronts look nice.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 29, 2007 12:52 PM
I didn't get a chance to test fit the fronts this weekend. I'm kinda missing half of my coil-over pieces. I know they are in a box somewhere. I just have to figure out what box, and where it is.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:03 PM
I read through the entire post and I'm still confused... will the fronts and rears work with Pro Kit springs and AGXs? If so, I will definitely be ordering the fronts and rears A.S.A.P. Pardon my stupidity on this topic .

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:12 PM
For your ProKit/AGX combo:

Rear mounts will, once I have the dimensions I need. I have an email out to KYB now. However, if you have access to the struts as well as a way to measure to the nearest thousandths of an inch, then it will help tremendously. (i.e. a dial/digital caliper)
Front mounts won't until a we can find a solution that will enable a bearing to sit properly.

So everyone knows, I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer's before I open the GP. Only a few people were able to get the measurements needed to get the GP going, so now I must try to go to KYB, Koni, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:13 PM

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:33 PM
ok now im confused...and drunk lol....will the fronts, as they are now, work w/ g/c and koni yellows? if so then my ass will be spending the money asap....thanks muffin..your god..

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:15 PM
Here, I'll attempt to clear up some confusion.

There are two factors to consider when ordering mounts: Springs and Struts.
  1. Springs:
    Front mounts WILL work with Coilover's (aka 2.5" springs)
    Front mounts WILL NOT work with Lowering Springs (aka 4" springs)
    ...(The limiting factor is the way in which the bearing sits.)

Rear mounts WILL work with ANY 2.5" or 4" Spring.

2. Struts: The struts being used will determine what size bushings you'll receive, as well as what size and how many washer's you'll need. Many aftermarket struts are thicker than their OEM counterparts. Knowing the diameter and length of the treaded portion as well as the body of the strut is crucial.

Before the GP can be set up, I need the diameter of the strut body as well as the diameter and length of the treaded portion of EACH brand of strut, for both front and rear. This will ensure you receive the correct size/number of bushings and washers.

At this time, I have sent emails out to the manufacturer's to get this information. If I don't hear from them by next week, I will start to make phone calls.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:22 PM
Quote:

Front mounts WILL NOT work with Lowering Springs (aka 4" springs)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:32 PM
I know. I'm really sorry.

The current design of the strut mounts will not allow a bearing to sit properly. A two piece design might be possible, but will be more expensive and require more research. An affordable solution is not possible at this time. I already have some ideas bouncing around in my head on how to make it work though.

This GP will sort of "test the market" for J-body strut mounts. If they are received well, then it might be worth continuing design of the 4" spring mounts.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:38 PM
I'll for sure be getting a set of the rears. If you can get a set made for the front to work with the 4" springs, consider them sold. I soooooo hope you can develop something.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:17 AM
Well regradless id rather rock new stock fornt mounts and the HT solid rears than blown out old sotck mounts all the way around.... so count me in for rears....

and fronts if/ when they get worked out.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:53 AM
I would defiantly be in for a set of fronts....as long as they were 4"

Could have used these a lot sooner, planning on putting new suspension on in the next 2 weeks :S
Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:49 PM
muffin wrote:For your ProKit/AGX combo:

Rear mounts will, once I have the dimensions I need. I have an email out to KYB now. However, if you have access to the struts as well as a way to measure to the nearest thousandths of an inch, then it will help tremendously. (i.e. a dial/digital caliper)
Front mounts won't until a we can find a solution that will enable a bearing to sit properly.

So everyone knows, I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer's before I open the GP. Only a few people were able to get the measurements needed to get the GP going, so now I must try to go to KYB, Koni, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the struts and I wouldn't even know where to begin with measuring and all anyway, so I guess you'll have to wait to get the measurements from KYB .

I will definitely be ordering a set of the rears as my rear setup bounces around like a mother right now . I will also order a set of the fronts if / when something is figured out with them.

Thanks for clearing everything up for me .

Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:01 PM
OOO I want in on this. I have intrax springs and koni yellows. I assume I will only be able to use the rears then huh? Sorry I am confused

Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:13 PM
interested in the solid rears...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search