RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us! - Page 5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:22 AM
$78 for a stainless electric exhaust cutout, wtf?? Are there shipping prices outrageous like egay stores or something?

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:29 AM
I have their coilovers on my GTI, I love them.

My only complaints is I wish they went lower. Their shipping cost are average Mike and they ship SUPER fast.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:33 AM
Damn. I guess theyre like the Good Will auto enthusiasts lol!

I realy hope they develop some stuff for us.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:44 AM
Man, I dont understand how they can charge this little. Something just seems fishy to me. What kind of shocks to they use? Are they made by them? The only reason I can think that they can charge so little is that they are buying there supplies from China. Joey, how long have you been riding on them on the GTI? I mean dont get me wrong I think they sell decent items, but dam those prices are stupidly cheap.

Mark-OEM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:50 AM
Welcome to the diminishment of American goods and services, Mark! Now you know one more reason why the unemployment rate is about to top 10% nationwide

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:25 AM
So they are made in China, the ingredients at least? Thats a shame.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:38 AM
Well, they may be...but let's not pour too much cold water on the thread, heh. You just know one more place you can't be competitive now

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:42 AM
Oh I am not draining on them at all, still worth it over a sleeve over kit IMO. But yes I do see what you mean for sure.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:04 AM
I love how other business's jump to conclusions. How are you guys to know where they get all their stuff built? For all you know, it could be done in house, which, to me, it looks like it is all done in house due to the overall size of the building in the pics. Hell, I could be wrong too, that could just be a storage building, and they do it on another site still in the US. How should anyone know? For all we know, the owner could have a brother/sister/other family member who owns a mining company and they get all the supplies for dirt cheap.

Hahn, this looks really good on you doing this, an already respected business downtrodding on another business that you don't even make the same stuff off. What's in it for you?

They are a business who caters to the less fortunate car enthusiasts, such as myself, and are attempting to make it by in this world that we currently live in. What point do you guys have in jumping down their throats?

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:26 AM
Brad, that's unfair. I'm going to show my previous posts in complete form to show you why:

BillHahn Jr. wrote:
I think I can answer why the pricing seems so low...this company appears to be importing from China. Not that this is a bad thing, if the quality is there.

Continue researching the results for other cars, and my best suggestion is you folks get a couple sets to your most technical members for some insights before everyone jumps on it...just to be safe.

In the above, I was careful to show that just because something is from China, it may well be fine for the intended application. You'll note I even recommend that the items be purchased, and also offered some helpful advice to perhaps prevent a mass screwing. I always have your backs, guys!

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Good luck fellas! Good to see them paying attention.

Obviously, this is a positive statement, encouraging the situation.

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:I may be able to shed some light.

The fact that they are asking for information does not mean they are completely without knowledge of the market. However, it's cheap, easy research to ask an enthusiast. Enthusiasts know what's up and will always have good information to share. We do the same thing when looking at new items / markets. You guys are invaluable!

Here I support their effort, explain it, and compare it to my own. Again, all positive.

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Welcome to the diminishment of American goods and services, Mark! Now you know one more reason why the unemployment rate is about to top 10% nationwide

Please note this does not say their product is bad. You may not like what this post says, but it does not bash the company. It's more a post of sassy acceptance of the situation Imports are helping to cause.

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Well, they may be...but let's not pour too much cold water on the thread, heh. You just know one more place you can't be competitive now

Here I intentionally try to turn down what I perceive as Mark's possibly negative reaction, and sugest he and I leave it alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, Brad, I am sorry you misperceived my intentions so, but in no way did I impugn this company, or their product...nay, I was very careful NOT to. Merely explaining that the low price may be due to Chinese sourcing (which I am pretty sure is occurring, and I am an expert witness in such matters) does not automatically imply poor quality. My comments on the financial impact of imports on our economy are a separate issue, and if you'd like to take me to task for them, we can take this to the WAR forum please.

Thanks everyone for the chance to set things straight.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:01 PM
OEM wrote:Man, I dont understand how they can charge this little. Something just seems fishy to me. What kind of shocks to they use? Are they made by them? The only reason I can think that they can charge so little is that they are buying there supplies from China. Joey, how long have you been riding on them on the GTI? I mean dont get me wrong I think they sell decent items, but dam those prices are stupidly cheap.

Mark-OEM

Just a couple of months, they've only been on for the MKV gti's for a little while. I think there's one guy with almost 15k on them with no problem. I'm not looking at this as a long term setup but just something to hold me over until I get the Koni coilover setup.

And Bill is correct, this things are made in China. It's stamped all over the things.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:25 PM
The currency difference (US Dollar to Chinese Yuan)is just that strong, everyone. That's how they can be so inexpensive. This suspension market was previously ruled by imports from Europe and Japan, which enjoy nowhere near the exchange rate advantage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:29 PM

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:43 PM
Brad (joining JBOShortBus) wrote:I love how other business's jump to conclusions. How are you guys to know where they get all their stuff built? For all you know, it could be done in house, which, to me, it looks like it is all done in house due to the overall size of the building in the pics. Hell, I could be wrong too, that could just be a storage building, and they do it on another site still in the US. How should anyone know? For all we know, the owner could have a brother/sister/other family member who owns a mining company and they get all the supplies for dirt cheap.

Hahn, this looks really good on you doing this, an already respected business downtrodding on another business that you don't even make the same stuff off. What's in it for you?

They are a business who caters to the less fortunate car enthusiasts, such as myself, and are attempting to make it by in this world that we currently live in. What point do you guys have in jumping down their throats?

i don't see where hahn mentioned anything negative about race-land.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:56 PM
I'd bounce all over a set of these if they could possibly do a J front and N rear coilover set. I'd take my Tein SS's off, put on the N-body rear and run those to try them out.....as cheap as they are, it would be a great way to try out the N-body IRS on a coil system.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:16 PM
I need a full n-body set but the guys over at grandamgt.com are hating on them saying they "must" be junk.

HX35G Turbos For Sale! Open To Trades!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:19 PM
after riding in about 7 cars that have them, 2 of which are all the way down, im comfortable with sending 300 their way

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:55 PM
i cant wait...im all game. even tho winter is on its way in with already dumping 5 inches on us so far....good winter project for me!

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:14 PM
I emailed them last night and they responded with this today:

Thank you for the recommendation! We are looking into producing a coilover system for the Jbody vehicles.

Please keep an eye on our website to see if or when they will be available.

Thank you,

Raceland US

Sounds like they are giving it serious consideration! I hope its legit
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:34 PM
ill be throwing a set of these on the wifes fire, if it doesnt get air.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:26 AM
Heck, their stuff is cheap enough to throw on a 9+ year old 110k+ mile beater

Like mine...

Either that or their stuff is an excuse for me to get a Miata...

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:22 AM
I wonder if the wifey would want some for her Civic? Hell, $199.99 for them, talk about a steal.

I bet Racelland wants competitors information so they can see what they charge for these setups for our cars. In turn, Raceland may change the price up a bit when they make these coilovers.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:37 AM
Material costs......more than they sell their stuff for....wow.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:15 PM
^that's probly because China just turned into a net exporter of steel and they are reducing local manufacturing prices to increase price competition around the world so they can keep there steel in their country or at least export it in a marketable part. China doesn't want to export raw materials.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:24 PM
I just sent them an e-mail as well.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:04 PM
Im watching this.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search